Home
News Post

ESPN has posted their preview of NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Oh yeah, did I mention the game? Last year, gamers complained about 2K8 being a tad slower than 2K7, so the developers pushed the speed back to 2K7 levels while at the same time adding even more authenticity to the way the players on the court move and react. In previous iterations of the series, there seemed to be a lot of standing around on offense due to the fact that when the user controlled the ball and didn't run the team's play correctly, the game always defaulted to running a quick isolation for the man dribbling. It was basically a robotic response to user stupidity. But these days, even if the gamer doesn't know how to run plays, the CPU teammates finally react intelligently, helping set screens (players like Rasheed will pick and pop), sending the right guy to the post, and running shooters like Ray Allen around picks, giving the game a much more organic feel as the action on the court is no longer scripted."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SageInfinite @ 09/16/08 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
I know I do sometimes after meeting my quota of bodies for the day

[/dblock]
Yea.... Call Of Duty 4 is a great game.....

# 102 black4sho @ 09/16/08 10:00 AM
Look her 2K. Bring out the vids. Weve seen thousands of pix already. Bring out the demo or something. Atleast a sample, is that too much to ask, were only down to the final 2-3 weeks or release. I know you've got something. But I'm lovin the Clark Kellog thing @ courtside during shoot around. Thats cool.

# 103 trobinson97 @ 09/16/08 10:03 AM
They've brought out 4 samples, plus the E3 vid.

# 104 ThaGenecyst @ 09/16/08 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yea.... Call Of Duty 4 is a great game.....

# 105 DC @ 09/16/08 10:09 AM
Man they might as well not give us anything and just release the game and let every thing be a surprise. I throw in the white towel when it comes to getting info man.

# 106 ThaGenecyst @ 09/16/08 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Man they might as well not give us anything and just release the game and let every thing be a surprise. I throw in the white towel when it comes to getting info man.
LOL no u don't

info is coming... just be patient!! (i feel like a sony fanboy after that)

# 107 aholbert32 @ 09/16/08 10:10 AM
Quote:

LOL..DC is full of ****. He will be right here on Thursday waiting to see the game on On The Spot.

# 108 kingofdasouf14 @ 09/16/08 10:11 AM
I'm really curious about the Defensive "Signature Styles"....I need some of these...

# 109 DC @ 09/16/08 10:11 AM
I mean if they are on Da Spot, I will be watching but at this point I am just tired of the foolishness. I'm buying Live man. I'm done with 2K man.

# 110 blues rocker @ 09/16/08 10:12 AM
the faces and skin textures look decent...

BUT they still haven't fixed the "pointy elbow syndrome." when the players bend their arms, their elbows become razor-sharp points - look at lebron's and peirce's elbows:

you could cut glass with those elbows. why can't they take a couple of minutes and just round off the elbows? it looks really bad.

another thing is the modeling of the hands...the hands are still blocky - they look like lego people. look at boozer's hand here (the one reaching for the ball)

that is terrible. his fingers are rectangles. time to improve the player models - not just the faces - round off the fingers and elbows.

# 111 SageInfinite @ 09/16/08 10:15 AM
Wow, elbow and finger complaints.

# 112 barrist @ 09/16/08 10:20 AM
Quote:
I mean if they are on Da Spot, I will be watching but at this point I am just tired of the foolishness. I'm buying Live man. I'm done with 2K man.

lol. sure you are.

# 113 DC @ 09/16/08 10:28 AM
hahahahahahahahahah @ complaining about fingers

# 114 Con-Con @ 09/16/08 10:29 AM
Ah man, see now you're reaching to say something negative already. It'll probably look lights out on your HDTV(barring you have one ).

# 115 orrkl2002 @ 09/16/08 10:31 AM
These are Lo Res photo's... We have seen a few of the actual photos without the jaggies ie. Iverson dribbling against kobe

Do you all see how smooth that looks? Now I dont know if that is HD or not but this is a Hi res photo so those new pics I believe are in a lower resolution. We need a true gameplay vid on replay to be able to totally judge though. But just in case, Im glad I already have 1080p on my HD.

BTW the pic I just posted in this thread immediately went to a lower resolution but if you click on it you will see how smooth it is.

# 116 trobinson97 @ 09/16/08 10:36 AM
So crazy what people will complain about, seriously.

# 117 burnshroom @ 09/16/08 10:37 AM
Talk is cheap... DEMO!!!

# 118 ehh @ 09/16/08 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy

court spacing looks pretty good
I have to disagree, player size (or court size) is still an issue IMO.

Graphics are def improved in terms of the skin and faces, though I still hate the uniforms!

# 119 orrkl2002 @ 09/16/08 10:37 AM
Finger complaints... smdh

# 120 ex carrabba fan @ 09/16/08 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
It's not the website, its the writers...They're the former IGN sports guys. The good ones.

Starting to sound like a broken record..
Regardless, my point is that I'm shocked BSPN would hire these true gamer writers. Didn't know ESPN knew what was up like that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.