Home
News Post

ESPN has posted their preview of NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Oh yeah, did I mention the game? Last year, gamers complained about 2K8 being a tad slower than 2K7, so the developers pushed the speed back to 2K7 levels while at the same time adding even more authenticity to the way the players on the court move and react. In previous iterations of the series, there seemed to be a lot of standing around on offense due to the fact that when the user controlled the ball and didn't run the team's play correctly, the game always defaulted to running a quick isolation for the man dribbling. It was basically a robotic response to user stupidity. But these days, even if the gamer doesn't know how to run plays, the CPU teammates finally react intelligently, helping set screens (players like Rasheed will pick and pop), sending the right guy to the post, and running shooters like Ray Allen around picks, giving the game a much more organic feel as the action on the court is no longer scripted."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/08 12:34 PM
Melos hair isnt braided correctly....I dont know if I can call this a purchase

# 162 GSW @ 09/16/08 12:34 PM
i dont know why you guys are waiting for the videos to come out, all your going to do is nitpick al the flaws you notice, instead of just enjoying it for what it is... a game.

i cant wait to see the screen captures of certain spots in the video with arrows pointing to men out of posiiton on defense or things of that nature....

# 163 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/16/08 12:35 PM
WOW, I just tinkled in my paints reading this, I have been looking more info and any info at that, and that article honestly rested my soul, I can't freaking wait for this to drop. Didn't care for LIVE much the last 2 years, and this 2k will also own my soul, as long as they keep the game bugs to a minimal, (ALA NHk2k9 franchise mode, which is still the better Hockey game this year). I'm so looking forward for this game, as I was all year long.

With this article and after Take-Two not going with EA, and there Hockey game back up to speed, this should be for all 2k fans to rejoice.

Yeah I own madden, I have no choice in that matter, oh well.

# 164 DC @ 09/16/08 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
i dont know why you guys are waiting for the videos to come out, all your going to do is nitpick al the flaws you notice, instead of just enjoying it for what it is... a game.

i cant wait to see the screen captures of certain spots in the video with arrows pointing to men out of posiiton on defense or things of that nature....
It is more fun nitpicking vids than it is nitpicking damn pictures

# 165 GSW @ 09/16/08 12:42 PM
i agree.. i always enjoy nitpicking on the angles when watching reverse cowgirl or piledriver being demonstrated... the back has to be at a certain angle and you just dont get the full experience through pictorials.

# 166 TMagic @ 09/16/08 12:47 PM
Quick question for anybody to answer...

What the hell happened with ESPN presentation in games. I know EA bought it, but I can't remember seeing anything else from it.

Do they still even have the rights? If they do, what are they using them for, cause I haven't seen anything in Madden or Live.

I can only imagine how much ESPN integration we would have in NBA 2K if they had the rights still.

# 167 Bornindamecca @ 09/16/08 12:50 PM
I'm pretty sure EA still has it. I'm glad it's gone anyway. It'd probably just result in a digital Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless.

# 168 ThaGenecyst @ 09/16/08 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01
Quick question for anybody to answer...

What the hell happened with ESPN presentation in games. I know EA bought it, but I can't remember seeing anything else from it.

Do they still even have the rights? If they do, what are they using them for, cause I haven't seen anything in Madden or Live.

I can only imagine how much ESPN integration we would have in NBA 2K if they had the rights still.
EA chose not to use the ESPN license the way 2k Sports used it on previous "ESPN" titles

# 169 TMagic @ 09/16/08 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
EA chose not to use the ESPN license the way 2k Sports used it on previous "ESPN" titles
So how are they using it now?

What's the point of even getting the rights if they aren't even going to put them to good use?

# 170 Goffs @ 09/16/08 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
IMO its a waste of a license...good job EA lol

# 171 MrSimCity @ 09/16/08 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I'm pretty sure EA still has it. I'm glad it's gone anyway. It'd probably just result in a digital Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless.
which is quite surely more intriguing than a Harland and "College Ball" analyst Clark Kellog

# 172 RubenDouglas @ 09/16/08 01:13 PM
not much to analyze but here we go.

-last yrs real life nuggets court

vs. in game last year:

vs:
this years 2k9 court appears to be this/last years style.

# 173 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/16/08 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
are you saying it is or isnt right? ive seen kobe do the one hand follow through pleny of times
at least I you play all 2k games in 1080p, I can't say that for the other company, I got a full 1080p set, and the other company has no games in 1080p....why?

# 174 BOSsTOwN @ 09/16/08 01:23 PM
So SAtisfying

# 175 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/16/08 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Too much fluff...I'm gonna buy Live.
are you serious?

# 176 Goffs @ 09/16/08 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
are you serious?
lol no he's not FB...its just a sarcastic response to behind..

# 177 TMagic @ 09/16/08 01:37 PM
Quote:
Not only does Kobe keep his hand held toward the sky after shooting a free throw, he lets out screams after big dunks
I can't be the only one intrigued by this.

This could definitely add a whole different level of emotion to the game, and make the dunk just that much sweeter.

I can see me and my buddies getting so hype after one of us throws it down on the other, and hearing a scream from our guy.

I also hope that they added the yells that players let out when they are trying to get a foul call. Some players are notorious for doing this all the time (See: Kobe, T-Mac).

# 178 Goffs @ 09/16/08 01:39 PM
hmm here hoping that Kenyon Martin gets the same emotions whenever he does a monster jam...

# 179 Bornindamecca @ 09/16/08 01:39 PM
Yeah I really hope we can hear it. You can hear it in Madden, and it adds so much. I know the issue is the individuality(we know Kobe and Tmac's voices, who knows what LJ Smith sounds like?) but still, I want to hear SOMEthing.

# 180 Klocker @ 09/16/08 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrkl2002
These are Lo Res photo's... We have seen a few of the actual photos without the jaggies ie. Iverson dribbling against kobe

Do you all see how smooth that looks? Now I dont know if that is HD or not but this is a Hi res photo so those new pics I believe are in a lower resolution. We need a true gameplay vid on replay to be able to totally judge though. But just in case, Im glad I already have 1080p on my HD.

BTW the pic I just posted in this thread immediately went to a lower resolution but if you click on it you will see how smooth it is.
No.

the reason that pic above looks so smooth compared to some of the others is because it is from REPLAY mode. not in Game. hell it may even be a cut scene mode for making trailers where they use higher res models just for show.

In game does not have the same "HiRes" look as replay mode. Replay mode ads the blur and anti-aliasing and depth of Field (and maybe higher res models) that is evident in your shot and not in the in-game shots (Pro-tip: that'd be the shots with the score HUD graphic in them).

In game needs CPU cycles to run the AI logic where as replay mode does not. therefore they have more resources for graphic qualities in that mode. These consoles are not endless suppliers of power as we would like to believe. there needs to be trade-offs with AI, sound, graphics, RAM etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.