Home
News Post

The largest and fastest growing sports video games website, Operation Sports, is currently seeking talented writers to join our staff of sports gaming professionals. We are currently seeking writers who have extensive knowledge of various sports video games who could share their expertise with thousands of gamers. Ability to meet deadlines is a must as is an elevated proficiency in writing for an online audience. The ideal candidate would be able to contribute one or more articles per week that engage and inform gamers on current sports gaming titles and news stories.

If interested please send the info listed below to us at [email protected]. We expect you to include the following in your e-mail:

-Full Name
-Your Location
-A Resume
-Two relevant samples of your writing of at least 400 words in length
-Three sample article idea proposals you could write for Operation Sports
-Briefly (in 150 words or less), Explain your first sports gaming memory
-Briefly (in 150 words or less), Explain your most anticipated sports-gaming title set to be released in the next 6 months
-Your Favorite Video Games (overall, not just limited to sports games)
-Your Favorite Sports Video Games
-The Typical Amount of Time you Spend Gaming Per Week, Amount of Time on Sports Games
-Do you Play Online?
-Your OS Username
-Your Age

Please note that we require all enclosed documentation to be sent and failure to include everything will result in your application not being considered. We look forward to hearing from you! Deadline to apply is end of the day Friday September 19, 2008!

Member Comments
# 1 Bumble14 @ 09/16/08 11:40 AM
Do you all pay anything? Volunteer position?

Not that it really matters, just need to know if the position can be done if you already have a full time job.

Also, do the two writing samples have to be sports/gaming related or can they be pieces that were in a previous business portfolio?

Thanks guys, sounds like a great opportunity for someone.

# 2 RaychelSnr @ 09/16/08 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Do you all pay anything? Volunteer position?

Not that it really matters, just need to know if the position can be done if you already have a full time job.

Also, do the two writing samples have to be sports/gaming related or can they be pieces that were in a previous business portfolio?

Thanks guys, sounds like a great opportunity for someone.
Right now it is volunteer with the usual perks of getting free games and sometimes a free trip to go see games early and such. And you get to get the enjoyment of people ripping on ya for your opinion, it's a fun gig

But yeah, definitely not a full time position and can be done by anyone who is proficient in writing but definitely passionate about sports games (we can work on the former but not the latter).

# 3 Bumble14 @ 09/16/08 02:09 PM
Very cool. Sounds like you all have a great time. I'll shoot my info over when I get a chance Hope I prove worthy..haha.

# 4 Po Pimp @ 09/16/08 03:25 PM
Do the writing samples have to be videogame related, or do you want something that demonstrates one's writing aptitude?

# 5 RaychelSnr @ 09/16/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Do the writing samples have to be videogame related, or do you want something that demonstrates one's writing aptitude?
Preferably both

But if you have some samples that aren't video game related we will take those as well...no biggie.

# 6 Bumble14 @ 09/16/08 04:20 PM
So I can send you guys my senior year dissertation on North American Wolf re-population? haha, just kidding.

# 7 allBthere @ 09/16/08 04:58 PM
I think I'll submit, but I'm not a "model citizen". If all of my posts have to be representations of intelligent thoughts... oops.

# 8 RaychelSnr @ 09/16/08 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I think I'll submit, but I'm not a "model citizen". If all of my posts have to be representations of intelligent thoughts... oops.
Heh, just read half of any of our staff member's posts and you'll see intelligent thoughts aren't exactly required all time time

One thing on writing samples, definitely keep em at article length (400-1000) words. If you want to send a dissertation I'll read the first two pages so those better be extremely good

# 9 BrianFifaFan @ 09/16/08 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Heh, just read half of any of our staff member's posts and you'll see intelligent thoughts aren't exactly required all time time

One thing on writing samples, definitely keep em at article length (400-1000) words. If you want to send a dissertation I'll read the first two pages so those better be extremely good
You want me to give you an infraction, don't you! You can not insult those members who are grammatically challenged!

# 10 rdelizo35 @ 09/16/08 07:39 PM
Do you want to send all the requirements as attachments to the email?

By resume, do you want a formal one or would an informal one work? I'm definitely going to apply.

# 11 ofdman @ 09/16/08 08:09 PM
Like the Joker said "If you're good at something, never do it for free."
: )

# 12 crazymallard @ 09/16/08 09:22 PM
Any idea as to when you are going to begin reviewing the applications?

# 13 RaychelSnr @ 09/17/08 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdelizo35
Do you want to send all the requirements as attachments to the email?

By resume, do you want a formal one or would an informal one work? I'm definitely going to apply.
Either would work, just a basic overview of experience and all that jazzy stuff you would expect with resumes

# 14 RaychelSnr @ 09/17/08 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymallard
Any idea as to when you are going to begin reviewing the applications?
As we get them in we are looking at them but we won't be making any final decisions for a week or so....

# 15 KaliKot @ 09/17/08 03:09 AM
Do I have to be from the US to apply?

# 16 bighurt27 @ 09/17/08 04:21 AM
I'm typing up a couple of mock articles as we speak.

# 17 crazymallard @ 09/17/08 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
As we get them in we are looking at them but we won't be making any final decisions for a week or so....
Sounds good, thanks for the quick reply

# 18 tbarney @ 09/17/08 11:47 AM
Can we apply if we only have PS2???

# 19 ChaseB @ 09/17/08 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarney
Can we apply if we only have PS2???
I don't see why not. Honestly, it's probably better from a perspective point of view since that would be a different outlook from most.

# 20 GravesFan9 @ 09/17/08 01:40 PM
Will applicants who don't post often, but are long-time lurkers, be considered?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.