Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

Videogamer has posted their first look preview of UFC 2009 Undisputed. Check out some of the new screenshots, right here.

Quote:
"The game's already been in development for three years. By the time it's out - it's on track for release on PS3 and Xbox 360 in Spring 2009 - it'll have been in development for nearly four. And it shows. The graphics are absolutely amazing. We're used to seeing impressive character models in THQ's WWE games (UFC is being made by the same Japanese developer - Yuke's - but by a completely different team) but this is something else. Each of the 80 officially licensed fighters (Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Jay Dee "B.J." Penn, among many others, have already been confirmed) enjoys around 25,000 polygons. Compare that with the 5,000 or so polygons that make up a footballer in FIFA, and you get an idea of the level of detail we're talking about."

Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ronnyballgame @ 09/17/08 11:51 AM
Wow, that is very amazing, this preview was a lot like the other, but I like how he finally talked about the modes briefly, but I like the way it is building up and it sounds like it maybe GOTY 2009 canididate. WAR UFC 2009

# 2 DTX3 @ 09/17/08 03:14 PM
Sounds awesome, cant wait.

# 3 Krebstar @ 09/17/08 08:40 PM
The possibility of downloading new fighters is fantastic.

# 4 allBthere @ 09/18/08 11:56 AM
I was talking about this game w/ my gf last night...she likes ufc too, and was wondering what they will do with Chuck?

They can put him in how he is now and make him vulnerable and ranked lower in most of his bio 'stats', or put him in as he would be in his prime.

what do you guys think?

Also, by the time the game comes out, he could very well be retired - in that case I would think they go w/ prime Chuck. I bet like in past games there could be retired guys in there, so I would assume they are ranked according to their prime(s)

It would be so cool if there was a sort of franchise where time passes and fighters stats change and they retire - like you create a 28 yr old fighter and fight until 38 and the world changes with you.

Or maybe the stats could be edited? that would be nice too, if you think someone is rated too low, or say chuck is in how he is now and you want prime chuck.

# 5 DueceDiggla @ 11/12/08 10:19 AM
New footage . The fighter models and the atmosphere looks top notch, but the gameplay still looks a little iffy. Still looking forward to it like no other game thats come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GLRR.../mmamania.com/

# 6 allBthere @ 11/12/08 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
New footage . The fighter models and the atmosphere looks top notch, but the gameplay still looks a little iffy. Still looking forward to it like no other game thats come out.

I'm actually glad it looks stupid while 'button mashing' ...only dana's guy looked stupid because he obvioulsy doesn't know how to play the game. The only thing that I'm concerned about is being able to throw 2 and 3 strike combinations - i haven't seen that so far...but I'm with you, this game i'm anticipating certainly more than any other sports game and if it's done well it will be historical gamming achievement.

ps. thanks for posting that.

# 7 Pappy Knuckles @ 11/12/08 11:55 AM
I wish they would've kept the camera on the tv the whole time. The game looks sweet.

# 8 DTX3 @ 11/12/08 02:16 PM
The game looks nice, but they should have use the sticks instead of button mashing like in the Fight Night series.

# 9 DTX3 @ 11/12/08 04:01 PM
Custom sound tracks would be sick. I'm VERY excited for this game, since wrestling games are basically dead to me this game will pick up the slack...hopefully.

# 10 mgoblue @ 11/12/08 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla

The animations seemed pretty good, like the guy jumping on Brock after he was knocked down...obviously (and realistically) it won't all flow perfectly like a real fight, but it seemed to be doing the best with respects to collision detection and having so much going on.

Dana seemed to enjoy it, and that's important IMO. I think I've said in another thread about this game that the hardcore gamer (like people that visit here) will probably hate this game because it won't be a perfect representation of fighting and have "so many" glitches and issues that make it "impossible to play". If you just take it for what it is and let yourself have fun with it then it probably will be a fun game.

# 11 mgoblue @ 11/12/08 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I think people will enjoy it anyway because it's been so long since there's been a UFC game and even longer since there was decent one. The last good MMA game (in NA anyway) was Pride FC and there's the MMA mode in Fire Pro R but that's about it. It's not like Madden/The Show/2K/Smackdown where there'll be another one next year. They can probably take 2 years off on this one and just keep it up with DLC.
Yeah...I'm just saying that I see how hard people are on the Fight Night series, and I'm sure they'll be disappointed if they apply that level of toughness on this game. I just hope it doesn't end up super crappy like the TNA wrestling game, ugh.

# 12 skitch @ 11/13/08 05:56 AM
This looks really, really bad ***.

I admit, I was very skeptical as to how good a MMA game could be... but I think this may be worth a purchase. Is there a list of fighters, yet?

# 13 aholbert32 @ 11/13/08 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
Looks pretty much like expected. Which is nothing like MMA. Looks more like a wrestling game.

You can play any fighting game and make it look sim or arcade. I heard people on this forum say Fight Night 3 was totally arcade but I never found it to be this way. If you wanted to make the game sim, you moved around and boxed a little.

One thing thats clear from the video is that Dana and his opponent have no idea how to play the game. They were just button mashing and trying to throw punches. No one tried to take anyone down, block any punches or even move. I doubt the game will play like that.

With that said, my expectations are low. I dont expect this to be the end all of MMA games. I just want a big roster with great presentation and a game thats better than the crap UFC games that they released in the past.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.