Home
News Post

Gamespot has posted some NBA 2K9 screenshots that feature Association 2.0 & more.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 SageInfinite @ 09/17/08 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Did u guys LISTEN 2 the podcast???

Listen very closely 2 Rob Jones talking about gameplay!

I'm mad hyped cause I'm a bball junkie so it sounds like the new AI they're implementing is gonna be right up my alley

# 102 Furq @ 09/17/08 08:17 PM
Nice about the new animations but as it's been said, I don't know how often they will be put in or even what a reasonable time frame would be. I think it may be something we end up being disappointed with to be honest.

The roster info is nice though and helps to clear up what it was about, though they didn't mention the updates being hourly as it was shown on the back of the game box. They just said they would happen "as warranted" I think.

Interface is looking pretty nice. I think they should incorporate the insider's blog into a menu in the game, no reason for people to go from their computer if they don't have to. Looking forward to hearing more about actual gameplay now

# 103 i c u cant stop me @ 09/17/08 08:18 PM
2ksports...its in the game!!

# 104 texbuk84 @ 09/17/08 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Well my friend it's time to pony up that cash for a HD. I'm pretty sure the animations will be pretty large files.
i have a 20 gig for sale. holla at me. [email protected]

# 105 LingeringRegime @ 09/17/08 08:19 PM
Quote:
Did u guys LISTEN 2 the podcast???

Listen very closely 2 Rob Jones talking about gameplay!

I'm mad hyped cause I'm a bball junkie so it sounds like the new AI they're implementing is gonna be right up my alley
At what point do they start talking about the game, because I would rather die 20X's over than listen to these Gamespot Idiots.

# 106 BattleTested20 @ 09/17/08 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAiRuPtHeRe23
I believed Kobe and Bron's shot were the easiest to used. How come u dont use the shotstick??
I use the shot stick for dunks and lay-ups thats all, I guess its because I have always used the x button and am used to it.

# 107 Furq @ 09/17/08 08:23 PM
I also question how useful new animations will be. I mean I know players add new moves to their arsenal often during the offseason but realistically how often does it happen during the middle of the season? Hard to pick up and perfect new moves when you're playing a different team every night.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just saying that it may not really be that big of a deal as the season goes on. Still interesting either way though

# 108 Furq @ 09/17/08 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTested20
I use the shot stick for dunks and lay-ups thats all, I guess its because I have always used the x button and am used to it.
That's how I am too. I can use and make jumpers with the shot stick but it doesn't feel natural. I use it all the time on drives though for layups and dunks

# 109 blingballa333 @ 09/17/08 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Nice about the new animations but as it's been said, I don't know how often they will be put in or even what a reasonable time frame would be. I think it may be something we end up being disappointed with to be honest.

The roster info is nice though and helps to clear up what it was about, though they didn't mention the updates being hourly as it was shown on the back of the game box. They just said they would happen "as warranted" I think.

Interface is looking pretty nice. I think they should incorporate the insider's blog into a menu in the game, no reason for people to go from their computer if they don't have to. Looking forward to hearing more about actual gameplay now
Pretty sure they said on the podcast his blog would be integrated into the game, but to actually discuss with him or make comments on his blog, you'll have to go to 2ksports.com.

# 110 Rebel_INS @ 09/17/08 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
At what point do they start talking about the game, because I would rather die 20X's over than listen to these Gamespot Idiots.
I can't really remember man cause I just streamed it and it didn't list the time. It didn't take long 4 them 2 get started though. Just keep the volume down til u hear 2K9

# 111 BattleTested20 @ 09/17/08 08:35 PM
Quote:
I also question how useful new animations will be. I mean I know players add new moves to their arsenal often during the offseason but realistically how often does it happen during the middle of the season? Hard to pick up and perfect new moves when you're playing a different team every night.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just saying that it may not really be that big of a deal as the season goes on. Still interesting either way though
I don't think it will be a matter of whether or not its useful, instead its gonna just make the game fresher. Like Rob said in the podcast interview most of us fans get tired of the same old animations after the first couple of months. This new animation feature will keep everybody loving the game year around.

# 112 LingeringRegime @ 09/17/08 08:36 PM
I find it ironic that EA has the ESPN license, but yet hasn't developed a headline feature like 2K9 has. Hopefully EA will step their game up, and realize that we want more immersion, less gimmicks.

# 113 LingeringRegime @ 09/17/08 08:36 PM
Quote:
I can't really remember man cause I just streamed it and it didn't list the time. It didn't take long 4 them 2 get started though. Just keep the volume down til u hear 2K9
That's all right man. I got through it.

# 114 BattleTested20 @ 09/17/08 08:36 PM
Quote:
Roughly around the 11:20 minute mark

# 115 -DaVe- @ 09/17/08 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTested20
I don't think it will be a matter of whether or not its useful, instead its gonna just make the game fresher. Like Rob said in the podcast interview most of us fans get tired of the same old animations after the first couple of months. This new animation feature will keep everybody loving the game year around.
Yep

# 116 NumberOneRB @ 09/17/08 08:44 PM
Quote:

I think we're most excited for this feature based on things such as the addition of signature jumpshots, free-throw routines, and celebrations for players who don't have them at the games release.

# 117 KENYON06 @ 09/17/08 08:46 PM
Dang this sounds nice. Now hopefully homecourt advantage while simming is in (teams winning more at home than on the road) and the whole damn draft is redone.

# 118 jmood88 @ 09/17/08 08:48 PM
Is that insider blog thing actually in the game?

# 119 BCTitan4552 @ 09/17/08 08:49 PM
How has no one mentioned that Chris Paul is rated 99 OVR in his screen?

Maybe his ratings were affected over the season, but if he starts there...

# 120 i c u cant stop me @ 09/17/08 08:50 PM
Guys 2k isnt done makeing announcements yet i just have that feeling. they seem like they are going all out this year...man they making nba live09 look like a d-league game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.