Home
News Post

We have just posted some screenshots from our beta copy of NBA 2K9. Look for plenty more goodies over the weekend. As always, the meat and potato screenshots first, then gameplay, possibly requests down the road. Enjoy.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gmoney2002 @ 09/19/08 09:02 AM
Great Steve thanks. Now that you guys have a beta, hopefully some informative impressions can be had.

I'm afraid questions like:
"How many playable teams are there in the game?" and "Are there freeestyle moves?"

Just didn't do it for me...

# 22 DaWu @ 09/19/08 09:17 AM
give aus HQ videos steve!

# 23 DC @ 09/19/08 09:20 AM
Honest these pictures speak louder than ANY info we have gotten thus far.

I see we have Coaching Profiles (CH influence)
I like the fact that all attributes have a slider. Nice touch.

I wish they would have showed up the Defensive MATCHUP screen

Thanks Stone Cold!

# 24 DC @ 09/19/08 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
"How many playable teams are there in the game?" and "Are there freeestyle moves?"

Those dude should be SMACKED man. Dumb questions man

# 25 Nodima @ 09/19/08 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima

SOLD!
DC isn't this that?

# 26 t216 @ 09/19/08 09:42 AM
Big thanks. The game's interface looks so refreshing compared to a several years back.

# 27 DC @ 09/19/08 09:49 AM
Nodima nope that isn't telling me what I need to know. Thats just the Double Team / PRessure screen.

I need to know if I can assign Bruce Bowen and Ime Udoka to be the primary and secondary defenders on Kobe.

Also if I have Bowen checking Kobe and Kobe is slid over to the 3, if Bowen would still check KOBE or if he would still be checking the SG

# 28 Goffs @ 09/19/08 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Great Steve thanks. Now that you guys have a beta, hopefully some informative impressions can be had.

good god...how many playable teams...i was like WTF!?! WTF?!?! jeez the denizens of gamespot are completely clueless...

# 29 Da_Czar @ 09/19/08 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
good god...how many playable teams...i was like WTF!?! WTF?!?! jeez the denizens of gamespot are completely clueless...
I was deeply offended with the questions....LOL good lord....

# 30 RubenDouglas @ 09/19/08 10:27 AM
just wanted to throw out my appreciation and thanks on your part for posting. ill check them out later. im headed out for the day. bad timing

# 31 poster @ 09/19/08 10:37 AM
Thanks Steve, much appreciated! That Stuckey rating is a little low.

# 32 Nodima @ 09/19/08 10:47 AM
I see. I'm assuming because you can scroll down the list that you do assign players specifically, but maybe all that stays saved is the Pressure settings? Like if you wanted you could assign Mo Williams to Louis Williams, and when Louis isn't on the court Mo just guards his man unless someone else is assigned to him, and so on. Maybe that's just too simple?

# 33 DC @ 09/19/08 10:57 AM
If it is like College Hoops it will have another screen for defensive assignments

# 34 RoyalBoyle78 @ 09/19/08 11:13 AM
Hey Steve, I have been here for so many years and never ever requested anything, but I have one request if you don;t mind. I have NHL2K9 and Love, but there is a problem in the Franchise that I hope gets fix. I was wondering since it 2K again with another the game, can you check the franchise and see if the schedules change year to year, and make sure that there isn't a FA bug when the season ends. Thanks so much. If you can't I understand.

# 35 timotim19 @ 09/19/08 12:27 PM
Can you please confirm if REAL Arena Music/Custom Soundtracks are in the game this year? Thanks.

# 36 Stumbleweed @ 09/19/08 12:43 PM
Off-ball controls are exciting -- 5 on 5 should be great as long as they scrap that horrible NHL 2K9 "lobby" system that doesn't work at all.

# 37 m-dogg @ 09/19/08 12:55 PM
nice, new sliders!

hustle
hands
on ball D

I will definitely be turning down the 'hands' slider for me and the cpu in my assoc...make some more unforced turnovers and take away a lot of bullet passes into the paint (even though its already been toned down). this sounds great to me.

hustle - this I'll probably turn up as I always wanted to see more diving on the floor or out of bounds etc -- it never happened enough. and for the playoffs, crank this slider...teams will play like they actualy care haha.

new tendancies sliders look promising too.

i also am VERY interested to see if they put back in custom music - its soooooo neccessary with sports games. I'm enjoying NHL09 so much more with my own custom music playing offline AND online...such a great feature, it needs to be back in 2k hoops!!!

# 38 i c u cant stop me @ 09/19/08 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Can you please confirm if REAL Arena Music/Custom Soundtracks are in the game this year? Thanks.
I wanted to know that also.

# 39 DC @ 09/19/08 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
i also am VERY interested to see if they put back in custom music - its soooooo neccessary with sports games. I'm enjoying NHL09 so much more with my own custom music playing offline AND online...such a great feature, it needs to be back in 2k hoops!!!
{JMood}Just stream it from your dashboard it is the same thing{/Jmood}

# 40 Tha_Kid @ 09/19/08 01:12 PM
Noticed in the On The Spot video there was an arrow pointing the controlled defender to his man. I guess that would be the "who to guard" option.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.