Home
News Post

We have just posted some screenshots from our beta copy of NBA 2K9. Look for plenty more goodies over the weekend. As always, the meat and potato screenshots first, then gameplay, possibly requests down the road. Enjoy.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Bornindamecca @ 09/19/08 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
{JMood}Just stream it from your dashboard it is the same thing{/Jmood}
Man...the music thing breaks my heart. Yet another feature perfected in NFL 2k5 that we can't get in an era of superior technology. I had Eminem's "Criminal" cued up for interceptions, Slash's solo from "November Rain" cued up for touchdowns and Outkast's "Hey Yah" cued up for extra points. Ah the good old days.

I was so DONE with NFL 2k5 that Madden 09 is my first football purchase since then.

# 42 timotim19 @ 09/19/08 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I'm enjoying NHL09 so much more with my own custom music playing offline AND online...such a great feature, it needs to be back in 2k hoops!!!
Im assuming you mean NHL2K9 (not 09) in your post. A little off topic but, I have yet to buy that game and have a ? for you. How are the custom soundtracks handled in that game? Does the songs abruptly stop or do they fade out... I liked that it was in 2K7 but hated that the songs just stopped on a dime in the arenas.

# 43 trobinson97 @ 09/19/08 02:24 PM
Seriously if they put it in NHL 2K9 and not NBA 2K9 I will.....I will be disappointed.

# 44 ChaseB @ 09/19/08 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDaniel
Steve, why don't you reveal the OKC Thunder jerseys to the world? We'd LOVE to see them!
I'll reveal them for you. They're black, generic, and not the real unis.

# 45 Glucky93 @ 09/19/08 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
Anyone notice the Blazer ratings? Blazers are gonna be ill to play with
yea dawg i no, im from wbloomfield michigan but im a be killin wit my boys bayless and roy

This is about to be the longest 16 17 days of my life

# 46 syk_skillz @ 09/19/08 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
{JMood}Just stream it from your dashboard it is the same thing{/Jmood}
No, it's not the same thing....

# 47 Stumbleweed @ 09/19/08 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I'll reveal them for you. They're black, generic, and not the real unis.
I assume that means that they will be updated then? They said in the On the Spot video that they will have the official logo/unis but that the court isn't done yet, so that won't be in. It seemed like it was in from the get-go, but maybe they are patching it in or something...

# 48 johnathan burroughs @ 09/19/08 04:37 PM
look on gamestop it is a gameplay video and it likes wonderful got to she it and it is one on gametrailer.com

# 49 johnathan burroughs @ 09/19/08 04:42 PM
my bad got to see it

# 50 RubenDouglas @ 09/19/08 04:50 PM
were some of these attribute sliders in 2k8 and prior editions?

strength, stamina, vertical, hands, hustle, quickness, durability, injury deverity?

all that stuff can really create different environments and scenarios.. Ill be turning up and down a few of those for BIG games. the players may not know its a BIG game so ill create that.

also on the coach profile screen, i see arrows to the left and to the right of the PISTONS PLAYBOOK text. does that mean we now can play with other rosters?? 4 years into franchise, I may nolonger have that star PF that the celtics have now ingrained in their playbook. I may need to go to the sixers playbook or something... excellent little touches

# 51 DC @ 09/19/08 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syk_skillz
No, it's not the same thing....
Oh EYE know it ain't the same

Others ( JMood ) think it is though

# 52 m-dogg @ 09/19/08 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Im assuming you mean NHL2K9 (not 09) in your post. A little off topic but, I have yet to buy that game and have a ? for you. How are the custom soundtracks handled in that game? Does the songs abruptly stop or do they fade out... I liked that it was in 2K7 but hated that the songs just stopped on a dime in the arenas.

no I actually meant NHL09 - second EA game i think ive ever bought. was surprised to see it had custom soundtracks, so now I got my hiphop instrumentals playing in the menus, in the game intros, and during game breaks. I was floored when it was playing when in online 6 vs 6 games too! they even put the reverb on it automaticly to make it sound like the arena is playing it. nice touch. made me miss the same features in the 2k games...especially seeing the amount of hours in put in choops and nba2k !!

and whoever said playing continously from the dashboard is the same, it definitely isnt. the only time i want it playing continually is for racing games like forza and pgr4...

# 53 timotim19 @ 09/19/08 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
no I actually meant NHL09 - second EA game i think ive ever bought. was surprised to see it had custom soundtracks, so now I got my hiphop instrumentals playing in the menus, in the game intros, and during game breaks. I was floored when it was playing when in online 6 vs 6 games too! they even put the reverb on it automaticly to make it sound like the arena is playing it. nice touch. made me miss the same features in the 2k games...especially seeing the amount of hours in put in choops and nba2k !!

and whoever said playing continously from the dashboard is the same, it definitely isnt. the only time i want it playing continually is for racing games like forza and pgr4...

WOW... talk about a surprise. Looks like they added something that they saw the competition doing and gamers digging, I just hope that the NBA team understands the same thing.

# 54 Po Pimp @ 09/19/08 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
were some of these attribute sliders in 2k8 and prior editions?

strength, stamina, vertical, hands, hustle, quickness, durability, injury deverity?

all that stuff can really create different environments and scenarios.. Ill be turning up and down a few of those for BIG games. the players may not know its a BIG game so ill create that.

also on the coach profile screen, i see arrows to the left and to the right of the PISTONS PLAYBOOK text. does that mean we now can play with other rosters?? 4 years into franchise, I may nolonger have that star PF that the celtics have now ingrained in their playbook. I may need to go to the sixers playbook or something... excellent little touches
Since we can't edit Coach/Team Playbooks individually, I'm hoping at the very least that Coach profiles can't be switched and saved to different team playbooks (i.e. giving Vinny Del Negro the Suns playbook, if you WANTED to.). Reason for this is I'm thinking they will have generic playbooks like Big Man Offense, Princeton Offense, PG geared Offense, etc, so you can switch it to that coach if u see fit.

# 55 bus11888 @ 09/19/08 07:02 PM
OMG!!!!.......U GOTTA LOVE IT!

# 56 akiracy @ 09/19/08 07:04 PM

anyone have any idea what PlayVision is?

# 57 bus11888 @ 09/19/08 07:08 PM
IF THE VIDEO DOESNT PLAY WATCH IT HERE
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nba2k9/video/6197933/nba-2k9-official-trailer-4?hd=1&tag=gumballs;img;3

BLEW ME AWAY....

# 58 Tha_Kid @ 09/19/08 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiracy
anyone have any idea what PlayVision is?
I would guess that its just a name change for run the play but I don't know.

# 59 richmo @ 09/19/08 07:14 PM
I think it's actually what you see when you run a play in order to help direct you what to do. Whereas Playcall Messages just tell you the name of the play you run.

# 60 OneBadMutha @ 09/19/08 07:39 PM
Like the addition of the new sliders. Those should help out a ton.

Thank goodness for file sharing. Bayless rated higher than Stuckey? Somebody wasn't paying attention.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.