Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 461 mgraham @ 10/09/08 05:36 PM
I have a 360....where do I download the patch...what site? please help..

# 462 mgraham @ 10/09/08 09:05 PM
Yes...I have access to the net...but do not have XBOX Live.....or do I need it? What devices do I need to transfer the patch(From PC to XBOX?) Thanks in advance....P.S. Is there a website I must access?

# 463 kehlis @ 10/10/08 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgraham
Yes...I have access to the net...but do not have XBOX Live.....or do I need it? What devices do I need to transfer the patch(From PC to XBOX?) Thanks in advance....P.S. Is there a website I must access?
your xbox needs to be connected to the internet...

# 464 ExArmySgt @ 10/11/08 02:47 PM
The patch did not fix all the issues it claimed to have addressed. The two I know for sure that still happen are:

1. Game not allowing you to exit out of the end of game highlights screen. I play in a league that records player stats and when this occurs, you're screwed because you're forced to exit to the dashboard.

2. I as well as friends of mine STILL sometimes have playbooks revert to Chi/Chi playbooks.

So while the incidence of these two issues may in fact be less than before the patch, it's still unacceptable that it happens at all IMO.

I would truly like this to be passed along to those goofballs at EA.

# 465 mattlanta @ 10/11/08 05:06 PM
Is this the patch that's supposed to fix the freezing in the franchise? And if so, am I supposed to start over my franchise because whenever I try to train my players on my franchise save, it freezes. It doesn't freeze when I try it on a new franchise though, so I'm sure it's the franchise save (tried duplicating the game save already, but it still freezes whenever I try to sim or train my players). Just wanted to know if I should expect to start my franchise all over again when I download the patch.

Also, does the patch even work? I don't want to go through all of this trouble to find out that it still freezes after I download the patch.

Thanks.

# 466 Hunsy34 @ 10/14/08 01:48 PM
Where is the DCL??????

# 467 servo75 @ 10/15/08 10:50 AM
Yes there are some new sliders but no CPU sliders for offense/defense.

It still loads the default roster every time I start the game if I don't load my roster I get the one on the disk.

Still no custom controls, I mean come on DLC or not these were in the game last year, they should be on the disk.

Overall the game is still quite disappointing. I think the uniform graphics have taken a step back from last year too.

# 468 servo75 @ 10/15/08 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsy34
Where is the DCL??????
Good question. I tell you where it should have been - on the doggone disk that shipped with the game. Accelerated clock and customized controls should have been there from day one. First they put out a game with stuff missing (even compared to last year's current-gen), then they promise it "might" be fixed on a DLC that never gets released.

Thanks for nothing, EA.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.