Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 bcruise @ 09/23/08 08:14 AM
Um....did anyone ever see the CPU spike the ball pre-patch? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't, and I did just now.

My game's going right down to the wire - details in a bit.

# 62 countryboy @ 09/23/08 08:14 AM
I am loving the fact that penalties now occur.

I almost took off work today to play this game all day, I even fired up my PS3 at 6:30am this morning to see if the patch was there. It wasn't so I came to work. My buddy called me as I was walking into my office to let me know the patch is available.

# 63 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 08:16 AM
Here's a question. Do you have to play through the whole game yourself to see some dirty uniforms? I tried a few different games in heavy rain to check the field degradation and supersimmed until the fourth quarter. The field does look more beat up than it ever did pre patch, but the uniform look darn near perfect. I remember people posting vids of completeyl mud covered uniforms, so I'm wondering if maybe I'm just not seeing it because I simmed.

# 64 countryboy @ 09/23/08 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Um....did anyone ever see the CPU spike the ball pre-patch? Because I'm pretty sure I didn't, and I did just now.

My game's going right down to the wire - details in a bit.
you have to stop posting impressions. You are making this 8 hour work day a bear to get through.

J/K obviously.

Keep us update bcruise

# 65 driftwood @ 09/23/08 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I just connect my ethernet cable right into the back of my modem... though when the PS3 goes to connect... it always says there's a DNS error for some reason.

I've rang the PS3 hotline like 6 times and they haven't been able to help me out with this. I have no idea what's going on.

reboot your modem...

if your switching from your PC to your ps3 just to ge the patch you will need to reboot your modem to establish the new devices IP every time you make that switch...

a good cure for that is a router... but if your only doing it this one time then go nuts

# 66 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
So is there any new news on the DLC package?
lol...no

# 67 sars3shot @ 09/23/08 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
My thoughts exactly like who honestly wants to hear "Ok let me download it" "Is it in the cali area? Anyone? I cant wait because I have no life".
Woke up about an hour ago and downloaded it...Played a game and I have to say my grade of Madden has gone up to a C- to a B to B+. The game overall runs more smoothly. I also noticed the runners had different cuts...Anyone else? Also my chise didnt freeze so that's a good sign. The blue is now gone...The field just looks plain out better....

There is a real impression.
Calm down sir. People were waiting for the patch and discussing it in other threads. Now there are no other threads because they were all closed for no reason. Some people are just excited to get it, and this is the only place u can talk about it. if u dont like it then tell your friendly neighborhood moderator "thank u for closing all the threads"

# 68 steven @ 09/23/08 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I just connect my ethernet cable right into the back of my modem... though when the PS3 goes to connect... it always says there's a DNS error for some reason.

I've rang the PS3 hotline like 6 times and they haven't been able to help me out with this. I have no idea what's going on.
did u go to network settings,go to where it says wired or wireless internet connections and follow what it says it should find ur modem and then ask you if u want test connection,c if that helps,it worked for me...........nasa

# 69 alwayz0npoint @ 09/23/08 08:21 AM
another thing..after the 1st half ..sunshine shadows showed up (colts stadium)..don't know if that's new..but it was to me.

# 70 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 08:28 AM
I'm not seeing the uniforms getting dirty at all (yet the field degradation is better). Is this effected by whether or not you supersim, quarter length, etc. I tried to check it, but I supersimmed through max quarters. I wonder ifI have to play long quarters without simming to see effects. Not that that is a problem, but I'm curious (and don't have time to play through a long game at the moment).

# 71 callmetaternuts @ 09/23/08 08:30 AM
Hooray for the patch being here.

Few questions for anyone who has it and wants to help

1) How quickly does CPU snap it? Is it 5 seconds everytime, or does it vary?
2) Are you seeing alot of penalties, and if so, is it at default, or jacked up to 100?
3) Examples of progrsesion/regression?

# 72 TheShizNo1 @ 09/23/08 08:33 AM
Just logged on and got the patch, SW Ohio.

# 73 bcruise @ 09/23/08 08:36 AM
Well, I wouldn't say Robo QB is dead, but this was certainly a different result for a CPU QB. Default All-Pro, Vikes (random opponent) at Cowboys - sorry, no field deg on the turf :

T. Jackson 20-30, 163 Yds, 80.3 Rating, Sacked 4 times.

There's something different. Maybe it's that thing about the Cover 3 they said they fixed, because I ran a lot of it in this game. I was able to get heavy pressure a few times, and he was either forced to scramble away or just take the sack.

Then again, I was even worse with Romo. 15-25, 110 Yds, 1 INT. Let's get this out of the way - I suck, and my own QB stats shouldn't have any bearing on what people think of this patch.

Running game was weak on both sides, but again this was all-pro default, and on top of that there just wasn't a whole lot of attempts. Mostly because of a ton of 1st and long yardage caused by.....

PENALTIES. Hoo boy, I don't think I'll be playing with everything maxed anymore. 3 false starts, 1 clip, a facemask and EIGHT holding calls. Some of them snuffed out really good runs on both sides. I'll be making several adjustments to those for the next game. We wanted them to have more effect, and they certainly do.

Play totals, as mentioned before, came out low on 10 minutes - 91 total plays from scrimmage. I think 11 or 12 will be just perfect. Keep in mind YMMV if you blow through the play selection and snap when you hit the line - I was playing the same style that the CPU does.

All in all, a very enjoyable game that went right down to the final minute. I managed to keep the Vikes out of field goal range that would have tied the game, for a 6-3 victory. That's right - no touchdowns. Lots of defense, and not really enough plays to generate complete stat lines.

# 74 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Hooray for the patch being here.

Few questions for anyone who has it and wants to help

1) How quickly does CPU snap it? Is it 5 seconds everytime, or does it vary?
2) Are you seeing alot of penalties, and if so, is it at default, or jacked up to 100?
3) Examples of progrsesion/regression?
Well, I can help with the first 2.

1) It varies. I think it's been more than 5 seconds ever time and sometimes quite a bit more (around 10-12 seconds). I like how sometimes they seem to be switching plays as well (only saw this twice, but my in-game time has been limited).

2) In a small sample of play time, I do see penalty increases easily. I upped the sliders and got penalty calls almost instantaniously, so the effect is definitely there. Not sure yet how it plays out over the course of a full game (I've been hopping around to test things).

Haven't hopped into franchise yet to check progression, but I'm sure someone will have some good info on that soon.

# 75 TheWood56 @ 09/23/08 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiggyjk
do you have some sort of built in hardware firewall on your modem?
No... don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
reboot your modem...

if your switching from your PC to your ps3 just to ge the patch you will need to reboot your modem to establish the new devices IP every time you make that switch...

a good cure for that is a router... but if your only doing it this one time then go nuts
I've tried rebooting my modem several times... and nothing. The IP address succeeds... but when it goes to internet connection... it always says DNS error.

I've done both manual and automatic settings... and the same thing happens every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven
did u go to network settings,go to where it says wired or wireless internet connections and follow what it says it should find ur modem and then ask you if u want test connection,c if that helps,it worked for me...........nasa
Yeah... I've been to network settings several times to adjust the settings... and I have it set on wired connection... but nothing.

Not sure what you mean by it should find your modem... but I've been through all the settings and have put in the correct details... and when I go to test connection... my IP address succeeds but my internet connection fails and it says there's a DNS error.

I got both my DNS numbers and put them into the settings manually... but it still says there's a DNS error.

# 76 countryboy @ 09/23/08 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'm not seeing the uniforms getting dirty at all (yet the field degradation is better). Is this effected by whether or not you supersim, quarter length, etc. I tried to check it, but I supersimmed through max quarters. I wonder ifI have to play long quarters without simming to see effects. Not that that is a problem, but I'm curious (and don't have time to play through a long game at the moment).
uni's don't get dirty Sox unless you actually play through the game. Supersim negates these effects.

# 77 countryboy @ 09/23/08 08:40 AM
Quote:
Well, I wouldn't say Robo QB is dead, but this was certainly a different result for a CPU QB. Default All-Pro, Vikes (random opponent) at Cowboys - sorry, no field deg on the turf :

There's something different. Maybe it's that thing about the Cover 3 they said they fixed, because I ran a lot of it in this game. I was able to get heavy pressure a few times, and he was either forced to scramble away or just take the sack.

Then again, I was even worse with Romo. 15-25, 110 Yds, 1 INT. Let's get this out of the way - I suck, and my own QB stats shouldn't have any bearing on what people think of this patch.

Running game was weak on both sides, but again this was all-pro default, and on top of that there just wasn't a whole lot of attempts. Mostly because of a ton of 1st and long yardage caused by.....

PENALTIES. Hoo boy, I don't think I'll be playing with everything maxed anymore. 3 false starts, 1 clip, a facemask and EIGHT holding calls. Some of them snuffed out really good runs on both sides. I'll be making several adjustments to those for the next game. We wanted them to have more effect, and they certainly do.

Play totals, as mentioned before, came out low on 10 minutes - 91 total plays from scrimmage. I think 11 or 12 will be just perfect. Keep in mind YMMV if you blow through the play selection and snap when you hit the line - I was playing the same style that the CPU does.

All in all, a very enjoyable game that went right down to the final minute. I managed to keep the Vikes out of field goal range that would have tied the game, for a 6-3 victory. That's right - no touchdowns. Lots of defense, and not really enough plays to generate complete stat lines.

thanks for the impressions man. Sounds great! Cpu not quick snapping and more penalties has me very excited.

# 78 SoxFan01605 @ 09/23/08 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
uni's don't get dirty Sox unless you actually play through the game. Supersim negates these effects.
Cool, CB...makes me feel much better. I had only played in a couple rainy games before the patch and I remember a noticeable effect. I was worried something may have been screwy. Do quarter lengths play a factor in this as well (for example, how long before I get the super muddy look I've seen some get)? I'm also now wondering if field degradation will be more pronounced if I play from beginning to end.

# 79 TheWood56 @ 09/23/08 08:43 AM
Quote:

Love the fact that you sacked him 4 times. Hopefully the patch had something to do with that... because the pass rush (or lack there of I should say) really frustrated me.

# 80 TT Mc Dre @ 09/23/08 08:45 AM
1. Believe it or not it varies. I have counted Drew Brees at 3.3 second snaps and Derek Anderson at about 4.1 snap count. But they do things in between like in real life in the midst of it.

2. Some false starts, some holding calls but no pas interferences yet at default. I'll go turn some of them up and see what I get.

3. Get back to you but from what I've seen so far the progression shows up in the depth charts only (like in 08) but the overall will still be the same.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.