Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Brandwin @ 09/23/08 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I can understand making AI QBs on offense taking a bit longer, but why on earth would they add this to extra points and punts as well. Just a terrible oversight. TERRIBLE.
Yeah just a bit annoying, but nothing major. I'd rather have what we have now then snapping the ball within 3 seconds. Give and take I guess.

# 122 Nepenthe @ 09/23/08 10:25 AM
It would've been cool if the patch actually fixed the franchise freezing problem. What a letdown, I can't believe I actually repurchased this game.

# 123 davidandjordan @ 09/23/08 10:27 AM
I haven't had a chance to sim all the way through a season and see the progression/regression. Do older players regress? That's a huge issue for me that makes the game realistic, so I was curious what you guys had experienced so far.

# 124 rudyjuly2 @ 09/23/08 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandjordan
I haven't had a chance to sim all the way through a season and see the progression/regression. Do older players regress? That's a huge issue for me that makes the game realistic, so I was curious what you guys had experienced so far.
One guy posted some results in post #103. There is some regression.

# 125 countryboy @ 09/23/08 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
It would've been cool if the patch actually fixed the franchise freezing problem. What a letdown, I can't believe I actually repurchased this game.
I believe they did, but its only going to work on franchises started after patch. Those that froze before patch and have been saved and restarted will have the corrupted save file still. To my knowledge, there isn't a way for the patch to clean corrupted save files.

This is my opinion/take on the situation.

# 126 Derty PuDge @ 09/23/08 10:38 AM
so WTF is the freezing fixed or not guys? if it isnt wat system you on and if it is then what you on?

# 127 Derty PuDge @ 09/23/08 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoficons
The freezing is fixed, you just need a new franchise file.

even if the freezing hadn't affected me yet?

# 128 BTLSBubbaArmy @ 09/23/08 10:40 AM
I've had Madden since a couple days after it came out, and haven't even played it once. I am going to get the patches for Madden, & HC...and play them. I will sim through a season or 2 to see if I can make it without a freeze. Here's to hopin' my friends...

And maybe this will clarify the deal as to whether or not you need to restart a franchise for the patch to stop the freezing deal...seeing as how I've not played the game at all. If by starting a new Franchise, **** doesn't freeze...we might be ok. I'm down on EA just as much as everyone else is lately, but I'm hoping that this year...maybe they fixed it. If not, I can't be too disappointed.

And also, how do I check and see what patch version I got and etc. I never DLed the first one, and just want to make sure I get both the 1st, and 2nd patch.

# 129 davidandjordan @ 09/23/08 10:43 AM
Just got done finishing my first season... doesn't look like there is veteren regression at all. Some guys go down here and there, but it seems completely at random. Fred Taylor just turned 33 and still has 93 speed, and no RB over the age of 30 lost ANY physical attributes. I'm pretty disappointed. Oh well, guess I'll just have to move on.

# 130 Jaysworld26 @ 09/23/08 10:49 AM
So your basically saying, if it froze in game for me in year one. I have to restart my Franchise back to 2008? So basically since it froze before the patch; I have to redo year one?

# 131 countryboy @ 09/23/08 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysworld26
So your basically saying, if it froze in game for me in year one. I have to restart my Franchise back to 2008? So basically since it froze before the patch; I have to redo year one?
that would be my thinking.

# 132 billsjunkie @ 09/23/08 10:56 AM
Some of you guys are making to big a deal about this. Re-start your franchise to be sure and enjoy the game for what it is. A very solid football title.

Before you flame me for an EA fanboy I'm so far from that. This is the first Madden since 05 that I have actually enjoyed.

# 133 Jaysworld26 @ 09/23/08 10:56 AM
Damn that sucks... Only positive is updated roster. Rodgers has a 74 speed woot,

# 134 astronut @ 09/23/08 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Downloadable Content. Like a patch, but you've gotta go into the marketplace to get it, and normally they're not free. They are, however, optional and don't prevent you from playing online with people who don't have it.

The DLC for Madden is, we hope, free, and includes accelerated clock, cpu sliders, a legacygen controller scheme, and some community specific gamerpics (I'm assuming OS/MM as well as EA Sports forums).

THIS is what I'm waiting for. The two patches are nice, but it's the DLC that'll make Madden for me this year.

I maybe a sucker, but I would pay for the cpu sliders. If I could get the cpu to avg consistently 3.8 to 4.8 yards a carry on the run I would be happy

# 135 BTLSBubbaArmy @ 09/23/08 11:19 AM
Ok, I've simmed through 2 seasons in Franchise of Madden. No Freezes Yet. I imported draft classes from NCAA, but I didn't do any training or player movements on my own and such, was simply just simming. Getting ready to sim through season 3, and I will post when I am done.

So, thus far...no freezing in a NEW franchise, not exisiting.

# 136 Fu Man Ching @ 09/23/08 11:21 AM
Can I download the rosters without a gold membership? I know I can get the patch.

# 137 Motown @ 09/23/08 11:21 AM
Can someone upload a an panoramic view of a WELL degraded field? thanks
thanks for the impressions fellaz.

# 138 astronut @ 09/23/08 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Well, I wouldn't say Robo QB is dead, but this was certainly a different result for a CPU QB. Default All-Pro, Vikes (random opponent) at Cowboys - sorry, no field deg on the turf :

T. Jackson 20-30, 163 Yds, 80.3 Rating, Sacked 4 times.

There's something different. Maybe it's that thing about the Cover 3 they said they fixed, because I ran a lot of it in this game. I was able to get heavy pressure a few times, and he was either forced to scramble away or just take the sack.

Then again, I was even worse with Romo. 15-25, 110 Yds, 1 INT. Let's get this out of the way - I suck, and my own QB stats shouldn't have any bearing on what people think of this patch.

Running game was weak on both sides, but again this was all-pro default, and on top of that there just wasn't a whole lot of attempts. Mostly because of a ton of 1st and long yardage caused by.....

PENALTIES. Hoo boy, I don't think I'll be playing with everything maxed anymore. 3 false starts, 1 clip, a facemask and EIGHT holding calls. Some of them snuffed out really good runs on both sides. I'll be making several adjustments to those for the next game. We wanted them to have more effect, and they certainly do.

Play totals, as mentioned before, came out low on 10 minutes - 91 total plays from scrimmage. I think 11 or 12 will be just perfect. Keep in mind YMMV if you blow through the play selection and snap when you hit the line - I was playing the same style that the CPU does.

All in all, a very enjoyable game that went right down to the final minute. I managed to keep the Vikes out of field goal range that would have tied the game, for a 6-3 victory. That's right - no touchdowns. Lots of defense, and not really enough plays to generate complete stat lines.
I don't know if you have tried this , but I saw somewhere on here someone sugested moving into slider up towards 25 or 28 instead of o. I did this and it does seem to help. cpu quarterbacks are completing anywhere from 58 to 69% against me, and I seem to be getting more pressure and sacks on qb because the cpu holds ball a little longer. It seems to help.

# 139 BTLSBubbaArmy @ 09/23/08 11:34 AM
Alright friends...

Season 3 is complete, with no freezing. Again, I used Imported Draft Classes, and did no training or player moves of my own...just a straight sim. I am going to do 2 more seasons of simming straight through, and if they don't freeze or anything...I am going to start my actual franchise (for the first time in well over a year).

If these things that were stated to be fixed in this patch, are truely fixed...then we've gotten somewhere for once. Hopefully, this isn't a yearly process...

# 140 erickonasis @ 09/23/08 11:35 AM
Finally got the patch ...Fell asleep after waiting all morning Yay!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.