Home
Madden 09 News Post

The Madden NFL 09 patch #2 has been released. Please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 pdawg17 @ 09/23/08 11:36 AM
Had my quick play game freeze up while on the play calling screen when it hit the 2 minute warning...had to restart my 360 to get out of it...

# 142 asu666 @ 09/23/08 11:43 AM
The snap delay is the juice for me in this patch. Why even have defensive adjustments when there is no time to make them?

# 143 Auslander @ 09/23/08 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
I just connect my ethernet cable right into the back of my modem... though when the PS3 goes to connect... it always says there's a DNS error for some reason.

I've rang the PS3 hotline like 6 times and they haven't been able to help me out with this. I have no idea what's going on.
reboot your modem when you plug the ethernet cable in, should fix the problem

# 144 baumy300 @ 09/23/08 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronut
I maybe a sucker, but I would pay for the cpu sliders. If I could get the cpu to avg consistently 3.8 to 4.8 yards a carry on the run I would be happy
Yup. I too would pay for CPU sliders and accelerated clock.

I just wonder what they were thinking when they took CPU sliders away this year?

# 145 Vince @ 09/23/08 11:56 AM
The field degradation is preety solid.

# 146 Motown @ 09/23/08 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
does the field degrade better in the snow or no changes there?

pics?

# 147 BTLSBubbaArmy @ 09/23/08 12:17 PM
Alright, I successfully simmed through Season #5 with no freezing issues whatsoever. I will start a franchise where I actually start playing through some aspects of the mode, and let you guys know...as I know...of any freezes or errors that I may encounter.

# 148 Brandwin @ 09/23/08 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Does it happen even if it's not raining?

# 149 Palo20 @ 09/23/08 12:24 PM
Anyone noticing field degradation on turf fields?

# 150 countryboy @ 09/23/08 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Anyone noticing field degradation on turf fields?
there was a guy that was claiming to not see field degradation only to realize he was playing on a turf field. So I don't think it occurs thankfully.

# 151 splanch @ 09/23/08 12:32 PM
What about my loses from all the glitchers

# 152 Derty PuDge @ 09/23/08 12:34 PM
i finished up my franchise to the offseason of season 1 after getting the patch and nobody who did good actually progressed. Newman had l13 INTS and went down an overall point wtf.

and TO had MONSTER numbers and didn't go up or down in anything.

also i noticed most of the players who changed weren't impact players at all. and i didn't have any real long injuries and everyones injury went up at least 6 with most being 8

T.O. had in Season 1

206 catches, 4310 yards, 47 TD's

20.9 avg., 269.3 yd per game, 1848 YAC, 8.9 YAC AVG, 10 drops and his longest was 92yds

how in the hell did he not move up or down one point...

# 153 vikingsfan1 @ 09/23/08 12:37 PM
I have notice with the new patch that crowd noise volume is increased and it effect the opposing offense. I was playing Panthers vs. Vikings and the crowd noise cause two false starts.

# 154 Palo20 @ 09/23/08 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
there was a guy that was claiming to not see field degradation only to realize he was playing on a turf field. So I don't think it occurs thankfully.
Yeah I finished up a game with the Pats at home and the turf field looked a little worn. Could be in my own head, gotta check it out again.

# 155 ac11367 @ 09/23/08 12:40 PM
I Dl the patch this morning before going to work. I went into practice mode for like 5 minutes, so my observation is based on a very limited sample size.

-I notice that Goal Line QB sneak is not as effective as before (when you could net 2 yards guaranteed), especialy when the LB's are blitzing. Can someone confirm this?
-Man on man defense toughened up a bit...or maybe it's placebo effect.
-4 man rush create a bit more pressure than before...placebo effect?

I should've called out sick and stay home and play!

# 156 IDaCoolGuy @ 09/23/08 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derty PuDge
i finished up my franchise to the offseason of season 1 after getting the patch and nobody who did good actually progressed. Newman had l13 INTS and went down an overall point wtf.

also i noticed most of the players who changed weren't impact players at all. and i didn't have any real long injuries and everyones injury went up at least 6 with most being 8

T.O. had in Season 1

20.9 avg., 269.3 yd per game, 1848 YAC, 8.9 YAC AVG, 10 drops and his longest was 92yds

Had you already started this franchise before the patch? If so, then this is probably why you did not see any changes. I read that you would to wait until the following off-season (Year 2 in your case) for the progression/regression changes to take place.

# 157 Derty PuDge @ 09/23/08 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDaCoolGuy
Had you already started this franchise before the patch? If so, then this is probably why you did not see any changes. I read that you would to wait until the following off-season (Year 2 in your case) for the progression/regression changes to take place.

damn because other players progressed. my FB who i NEVER use went up to a 88 overall. it just seemed like the players who actually did big things got the shaft. even before the offseason mode when i simmed threw the playoffs romo went up on his accuracy. but TO never moved.

# 158 Palo20 @ 09/23/08 12:44 PM
Not sure how this worked before, but I'm 2 plays into a game with the Pats. I kick off, James Sanders gets the tackle. First play from srimmage, completed pass and Bruschi and A. Thomas both in on the tackle. I checked the stats because I was curious to see which one of them got the tackle and turns out they both got one. So 2 plays, and my team has 3 tackles.

Has Madden always been giving a tackle to both guys on combined tackles or is this new?

# 159 Brandwin @ 09/23/08 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derty PuDge

T.O. had in Season 1

Did you sim this season? Was it a season you played but waited to move into the offseason until the patch came out?

My understanding is, if you were already in a franchise, the progression fix wouldn't work until season 2 offseason.

# 160 Derty PuDge @ 09/23/08 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Did you sim this season? Was it a season you played but waited to move into the offseason until the patch came out?

My understanding is, if you were already in a franchise, the progression fix wouldn't work until season 2 offseason.
no i just simmed it to check. officially i'm still in Year 1, in the NFC title game. those stats i posted were the reg. season stats.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.