Home
News Post

• Fixed the Bug that caused players to remain injured when you go into play creator.
  • Fixed the ability to call plays within the two minute drill.
  • Fixed the Brett Favre career stats issue.
  • Fixed the ability for us to change team philosophies in the roster update. If you have the previous roster update, you should see some major changes in ratings.
  • Fixed the bug that caused low rated players to ask for a very large deal when re-signing.
  • Fixed the Draft Day trading issue that allowed the user to force every team to trade their pick to another team.
  • Fixed the ability to change a QB to WR and change him back to QB again.
  • Fixed the bug where teams would not kick a FG at the end of the half.
  • Fixed fumbles. We put in a fix that should make these much more realistic.
  • Fixed CPU fatigue subbing. Running backs will now come out of the game more quickly and be replaced by their backup.
  • Fixed FG distance. Kickers will be able to kick longer FGs now.
  • Added the option to turn off CPU Downloaded Plays.
  • Fixed the bug that was causing RFAs to not show up after year 1.
  • Fixed the bug that wouldn't take a player's current salary into account when figuring out if you had enough cap room to re-sign him.
  • Fixed a big issue that we believe was causing 99% of the crashes or more.
I think that's it. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Enjoy!

Game: NFL Head Coach 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 64 - View All
NFL Head Coach 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 wooz123 @ 09/24/08 01:32 PM
damnit, i want play by play so i don't have to wait for text after the play to see who was involved in the play. Even a pa announcer everygame would be nice.

# 62 TCF @ 09/24/08 01:56 PM
is the patch also out for the ps3? or do i need to wait still?

# 63 icepikk @ 09/24/08 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
Try going into Play Creator and coming back out before your next game. The plan was that injuries would always turn back on after exiting Play Creator. I didn't implement this fix, but I *hope* that's how it was implemented.

If that doesn't work, I'll be frustrated.
Thanks for the suggestion, but nope that didnt work, still no injuries and 100% health all through the game. I guess we both can be frustrated.

# 64 MizzouRah @ 09/24/08 07:35 PM
Thank you Josh and the rest of the Head Coach development team!

# 65 TheDutchDad @ 09/24/08 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icepikk
Thanks for the suggestion, but nope that didnt work, still no injuries and 100% health all through the game. I guess we both can be frustrated.
Does this mean the Play Creator bug isn't fixed? I havent touched it yet since starting my new career, and I'm afraid to without knowing from someone that they used it and new injuries occurred and injured players became healthy again.

# 66 kcarr @ 09/24/08 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Does this mean the Play Creator bug isn't fixed? I havent touched it yet since starting my new career, and I'm afraid to without knowing from someone that they used it and new injuries occurred and injured players became healthy again.
it means that if you had the injury bug problem before, then after downloading the patch you need to go back into the play creator 1 time to turn injuries back on. After that it should work correctly

# 67 MizzouRah @ 09/24/08 11:59 PM
So far, post patch.. I'm having a blast!

You guys worked your arses off and it shows.. I might see the sun come up tomorrow.

# 68 jfsolo @ 09/25/08 01:25 AM
You can totally dismantle scrubby teams now. I just played a Falcon team with no offensive players rated in the 80's, plus they ran some super simplistic offense with 90% of their plays coming from a 3 receiver 2 back set. They probably only called about 8 different plays during the game.

I beat them 39-0(first shutout ever) had 9 sacks, 2 picks, 2 fumble recoveries, and they only had 110 yards of total offense. Pre-Patch I would never have been able to shut down an opponents passing game well enough to lock a team down like that.

Assante Samuel plays like shut down corner now. My freak of nature, rookie Mike-I won't spoil things by saying who it is- is wreaking total havoc in the middle of the field.

Player ratings really, really seem to matter now. For me this game is a solid 9 now.

# 69 sixtydashone @ 09/25/08 02:29 AM
anybody noticing more interceptions post-patch than what it was before? My QB's combined for 16 interceptions in the preseason. Maybe it's just bad luck but sheesh.

edit: hrm, well preseason was horrible but I only threw one pick in my first regular season game.

# 70 JoeMimic @ 09/25/08 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtydashone
anybody noticing more interceptions post-patch than what it was before? My QB's combined for 16 interceptions in the preseason. Maybe it's just bad luck but sheesh.

edit: hrm, well preseason was horrible but I only threw one pick in my first regular season game.
I noticed when I Super Simmed a preseason game that JT O'Sullivan threw 4 picks in a half and then Shaun Hill came in and threw 2 in the 2nd half.

# 71 sixtydashone @ 09/25/08 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I noticed when I Super Simmed a preseason game that JT O'Sullivan threw 4 picks in a half and then Shaun Hill came in and threw 2 in the 2nd half.
I'm using the niners too and had a similar thing while super simming. Hill actually threw 5 and then O'Sullivan threw 2, all in one game. The rest of the preseason wasn't quite that bad. I mean it was still atrocious, but at least somewhat better.

I had one preseason game that was ridiculous though, it was a back-and-forth of INT's with Joey Harrington (picked him up as a free agent QB) and whoever the opponent was. Harrington threw a pick, then the next play the opponent threw a pick. Then Harrington threw another, then the opponent threw another. Then Harrington threw one more. Five INT's on five consecutive plays.

# 72 GGKoul @ 09/25/08 08:56 PM
Here is a couple of things I've noticed post patch. Note, I play every game:

-- I actually see LESS INT and even when its thrown right too the DB player, they drop it more they what I noticed pre-patch.
-- It appears kickers kick more along the lines of their skill ratings now. So poor kickers will sometimes miss short or long kits and good kickers have a lot more leg and don't miss as much.
-- Rushing is better and more realistic,
-- Fumbles, for me its the same. Actually funny the first run I had post patch resulted in a fumble.
-- Passing is the same.
-- I actually see more injuries.

All in all its still a great game and I wish more games had the post development support like Head Coach.

# 73 icepikk @ 09/26/08 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
it means that if you had the injury bug problem before, then after downloading the patch you need to go back into the play creator 1 time to turn injuries back on. After that it should work correctly
Has anyone gotten this to work? Cuz when i tried it didnt..

# 74 CurlyJefferson @ 09/26/08 05:34 AM
When I first started reading about the patch and you guys were saying it balanced out the passing game and improved the run game and stuff like that, I thought you were imagining things. None of the devs ever said they were going to fix or adjust any of that. But now that I have the patch and have played a couple games, it does feel like they adjusted something. My initial theory is that they changed the sliders. I will explain why.

Pre-patch, I had QB Accuracy and WR Catching turned down to 1 in the sliders, as well as deflections and INTs turned up to like 68. And pre-patch, QBs were still getting QB ratings of over 100 each and every game, and there were hardly ever any interceptions. My first game post-patch with those same sliders, the stats at the end of the first half had my QB's rating at like 33 and my opponent's at 0, which NEVER used to happen. I put them back to 50, and passing started to work. My second game post-patch, with the sliders at 50, both QB's had ratings in the 100s again (although I was playing against Peyton Manning so that might be normal).

I will need to test this more, but my initial theory is that they've jacked up the effect of the sliders significantly. Of course it's also possible that they've just fixed the gameplay, period. Either way, I am a happy guy and way more excited about this game.

Thank you soooo much for all the hard work, guys! Whatever game you make next, you let me know and I will buy it.

# 75 adembroski @ 09/26/08 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyJefferson
When I first started reading about the patch and you guys were saying it balanced out the passing game and improved the run game and stuff like that, I thought you were imagining things. None of the devs ever said they were going to fix or adjust any of that. But now that I have the patch and have played a couple games, it does feel like they adjusted something. My initial theory is that they changed the sliders. I will explain why.

Pre-patch, I had QB Accuracy and WR Catching turned down to 1 in the sliders, as well as deflections and INTs turned up to like 68. And pre-patch, QBs were still getting QB ratings of over 100 each and every game, and there were hardly ever any interceptions. My first game post-patch with those same sliders, the stats at the end of the first half had my QB's rating at like 33 and my opponent's at 0, which NEVER used to happen. I put them back to 50, and passing started to work. My second game post-patch, with the sliders at 50, both QB's had ratings in the 100s again (although I was playing against Peyton Manning so that might be normal).

I will need to test this more, but my initial theory is that they've jacked up the effect of the sliders significantly. Of course it's also possible that they've just fixed the gameplay, period. Either way, I am a happy guy and way more excited about this game.

Thank you soooo much for all the hard work, guys! Whatever game you make next, you let me know and I will buy it.
I'm glad I'm not alone in noticing this. It really seems like they snuck something in, or fixed something that fixed something wrong they didn't know about, or something, because I noticed a MASSIVE difference in my first game since the patch.

It was part of my slider testing thread... just, all of the sudden, I'm seeing horrid passes and tons of pressure on the QB. It threw me for a loop so bad I decided to not even comment on it, just wait for a few more games to see if it continues. It's really weird, if they didn't fix something deliberately, something they did fix must have been hurting another area of the game they didn't know about.

# 76 Cubfan @ 09/26/08 06:30 AM
Just finished playing Colts vs Lions. Me as the Colts. Colts 31 Lions 26

Colts
Manning: 13/18 252 yards 3 tds

Rushing:
Addai 19 att 136 yards 1 td LR 30 yards
Rhodes 5 att 30 yards
Hart 2 att 5 yards

Receiving:
Wayne 4 rec 71 yards 1td
Gonzalez 3 rec 74 yards
Clark 3 rec 54 yards 2 tds
Robinson 2 rec 35 yards
Harrison 1 rec 18 yards

Lions
Kitna: 20/27 276 yards 2 tds

Rushing:
Smith 22 att 139 yards 1 td

Receiving:
Johnson 7 rec 119 yards 1 td
Williams 5 rec 80 yards
Furrey 3 rec 21 yards 1 td
McDonald 3 rec 23 yards
Gaines 1 rec 27 yards
Smith 1 rec 6 yards

# 77 JoeMimic @ 09/26/08 06:38 AM
I'm on my third preseason game and it's a totally different game. Although not being able to audible out of a run when you know they show blitz still sucks but everything is so much better in the run game especially. I can finally get cracking on a real season.

3rd game against the Bears. (Which I won with a 39 yard touchdown as time expired because he actually broke one tackle at the two and then the second guy tackled him but took him into the endzone)

M Robinson - 14 carries 82 yards 5.8avg 24 long
Morency - 9 carries 49yards 1 td 5,4avg 12 long

I benched Alexa after he threw 3 first half INTs. Shaun Hill went 9-17 162yards and a td and a int in relief. JTO is out for the year

# 78 JoeMimic @ 09/26/08 11:40 AM
Man INTs are crazy. Alex had 3 first half picks again in the first regular season game. Rushing also was back to it's old ways on both sides. My team had 16 tackles for loss and the computer had 22.

20 carries for Edge 32 yards and a td. That's a 1.6avg
21 carries 44 yards for Gore

Other then the INTs the passing game was decent on both ends.

I hope this doesn't continue

# 79 JoeMimic @ 09/26/08 01:59 PM
So I got Frogstomped by the Seahawks 45-17. The turnovers continue to plague me big time. Hill threw 3 picks that game and 2 of them were returned for 6.

Hill - 21/32 322yards 2tds 3ints 65%
Gore - 22 carries 110 yards 5.0 avg (Good to see)

Hasselbeck - 20/23 263yards 4tds 0ints 86%
Julius Jones - 14 carries 66yards 4.7avg

There were only 17 total tackles for loss between BOTH teams this game compared to the outrageous totals in the Cardinal game.

So far on the season 2 games

49ers QBs have 7 total ints
We've had 3 fumbles
Gore 43 carries 154yards and a 3.5avg

# 80 phrasius @ 09/26/08 06:02 PM
Well, if I remember right, the fumble thing was somehow tied to a fatigue issue, so maybe adjusting that had the consequence of improving gameplay.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.