Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SageInfinite @ 09/25/08 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
That dunk is reality
I've seen crazier dunks in more traffic in the real NBA. some of u want to make this game in to the No Fun League.
Nah that's just DC

# 82 Bornindamecca @ 09/25/08 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
That dunk is reality
I've seen crazier dunks in more traffic in the real NBA. some of u want to make this game in to the No Fun League.
They should put in a "dance after you score button" like in Madden Meanwhile your teammates are getting dunked on. It'd be like a Ricky Davis button.

Or they could put in a flop and call it the Argentina button.

# 83 The 24th Letter @ 09/25/08 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
They should put in a "dance after you score button" like in Madden Meanwhile your teammates are getting dunked on. It'd be like a Ricky Davis button.

I could be making this up, but it seemed like Drew Gooden was late getting back on D b\c he was complaining about a call in that Bulls\Cavs video...

# 84 Bornindamecca @ 09/25/08 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I could be making this up, but it seemed like Drew Gooden was late getting back on D b\c he was complaining about a call in that Bulls\Cavs video...
I was kidding, but I think you may be right. And in one of the previews, they mentioned the authenticity of Sheed's complaining if I remember correctly. Not sure if that was during play or at a stoppage though.

I actually wouldn't mind this feature in Association if it was a combination of your player's morale/ambition and personality type.

# 85 TMagic @ 09/25/08 10:22 PM
Man...

I'm still in disbelief. I really can't get over the fact that the game that I will have playing on my TV will look this good.

Someone could have told me that was all CGI and I would have had no doubts about it.

Props to 2K's graphics team.

# 86 KENYON06 @ 09/25/08 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca

That'd be pretty cool actually, make a little baby hook then do the worm along the baseline for the next 10 minutes. Like the thing in the NASCAR games where you can do your victory burnout after you win. But this will be after every basket. Badazzz...

# 87 i c u cant stop me @ 09/25/08 10:57 PM
Man i just dont know if those are in game graphics....

# 88 SageInfinite @ 09/25/08 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
Momentous said they were and he did the other trailer so, I take his word for it.

# 89 GSW @ 09/25/08 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
They are.

# 90 ProfessaPackMan @ 09/25/08 11:29 PM
LOL @ they could flop and call it the Argentina button.

Argentina button though Born

I would've at least went ahead and called it the Horry or Manu button lol.

# 91 i c u cant stop me @ 09/25/08 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Momentous said they were and he did the other trailer so, I take his word for it.
Man iam, have to go buy me some more boxers now lol j/k. Those graphics are sweet!!!!! is it best to turn up some of the blue tint on the tv???

# 92 Bornindamecca @ 09/25/08 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
LOL @ they could flop and call it the Argentina button.

Argentina button though Born

I would've at least went ahead and called it the Horry or Manu button lol.
Man, those guys were shameless in the Olympics. They all had same sig flop animations.

# 93 mobiuseinz @ 09/26/08 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Wow, very nice! They should have a special freature for Monte. He should be doing tricks on a moped.
speaking of Monta, he'll be the most active GM for this feature.

# 94 i c u cant stop me @ 09/26/08 02:01 AM
I still dont think its in game also...from all the videos that where shown on here and on gametrailers it looks great but not this great from these videos. theres even different sound effects from those videos compaired to the ones on os or gametrailers.

# 95 timotim19 @ 09/26/08 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Just want to let everyone know that this is all in-game.
Im not about to call you a liar but these are either vids of the PC version or you may not be clear on what it means to be "in-game". Its no way the game looks like that while we are playing (not camera angles but sheer graphic fidelity). Yes, I know you are using replay mode but the game wont come no where near that while we are playing and it does look like the videos were doctored a bit... you can see slight motion blur on the movements that is often used by 2K in trailers.

Other than that... WOW, just looking at these videos for what they are (hype videos) they depicted a very well put together and realistic game and this is the level you guys need to reach for in-game, you know, while we are actually playing it.

PS: I wonder if they are using GFW Live and just how much much better (if at all) the PC version will look.

# 96 DaImmaculateONe @ 09/26/08 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
Im not about to call you a liar but these are either vids of the PC version or you may not be clear on what it means to be "in-game". Its no way the game looks like that while we are playing (not camera angles but sheer graphic fidelity). Yes, I know you are using replay mode but the game wont come no where near that while we are playing and it does look like the videos were doctored a bit... you can see slight motion blur on the movements that is often used by 2K in trailers.

Other than that... WOW, just looking at these videos for what they are (hype videos) they depicted a very well put together and realistic game and this is the level you guys need to reach for in-game, you know, while we are actually playing it.

PS: I wonder if they are using GFW Live and just how much much better (if at all) the PC version will look.
Yeah i hope it would look like this too on my lcd.

# 97 BamaBoy88 @ 09/27/08 01:25 AM
I wanna see some Magic or some Sixers maybe even Miami

# 98 luv_mist @ 09/27/08 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19

The man confirmed it's in-game and a former also backed it up. How much more do they need to be telling the truth? In my opinion, 2K8 was pretty solid in motion. 2K9 was a stretch for my imagination because 2K8 was so beautiful already.

I'm extra late cause of work and stuff but man, the game looks so fantasimistic. WOW!!

# 99 timotim19 @ 09/27/08 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
The man confirmed it's in-game and a former also backed it up. How much more do they need to be telling the truth? In my opinion, 2K8 was pretty solid in motion. 2K9 was a stretch for my imagination because 2K8 was so beautiful already.

I'm extra late cause of work and stuff but man, the game looks so fantasimistic. WOW!!
Because Ive seen enough of the real footage to know that this isn't it. Replay mode with effects added yes, but real in-game visuals during gameplay it is not. 2K always does this for their trailer... take a look at NHL2K9's trailer and then look at the actual game (it look good but not this trailer good).
http://www.2ksports.com/videos/new/all/122

# 100 i c u cant stop me @ 09/28/08 12:17 AM
Co-sign..thats not in game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.