Home
News Post

We have just posted another NBA 2K9 video. This one features the Nets @ Knicks.

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Hudacris @ 09/28/08 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreez2000
I call unrealistic. Z-bo got a block
my thoughts exactly lol

# 42 totalkaos @ 09/28/08 04:29 PM
Great vid Steve. Lots of good things in this one, despite the length. lol @ Zach with the block... I thought Vince was going to put his forearm in the basket on that dunk. His momentum making him stumble was great. That wasn't the same layup in the end of quarter highlights. The one earlier in the vid was higher off the glass. I loved the floater Vince threw up in the highlights... Duhon's alley to Crawford: sick. God, I can't wait til 2k9 drops.

# 43 Tomba @ 09/28/08 04:31 PM
One thing is that it's too bright. It should be darker in contrast, but you can change that in your tv settings easily upon getting the game so. Other than that, I have say it's looking good for a polishing of a preexisting engine. it seems it's doing just enough right this go around . It looks smoother, more varied and has a bunch of presentation quality added to it since last year.

# 44 RubenDouglas @ 09/28/08 04:46 PM
thanks steve.

re: STAT overlays:

ive seen TEAM COMPARISONS for:
-TURNOVERS and ASSISTS
-BENCH POINTS

during FTs iove see the typical player stat overlay of :
-PTS, rebounds assists.

One thing I noticed during the konsolekingz feeds, they appeared only when NEEDED. aka, late in 2nd, all of 3rd and 4th, when points and stats are actually accumulated enough to make a comparison. ive seen FTs in the first qrt with no stat overlay because hey, this guy has zero pts, and zero boards. no stat overlay needed on that.

# 45 Brooklynnets24 @ 09/28/08 05:17 PM
vid lagged crazy for me but the ally oop was crazy along with the VC layup i couldnt see the dunk well since it lagged

# 46 youvalss @ 09/28/08 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnets24
vid lagged crazy for me but the ally oop was crazy along with the VC layup i couldnt see the dunk well since it lagged
Don't believe Kellogg, it was just a regular dunk for VC, not even a high-flying one. But after the dunk he had a great animation where he could hardly stop himself running and almost fell down. At least that's what I think that happened.

# 47 DW3 @ 09/28/08 05:33 PM
i love how thy grunt when they dunk now! That oop was sick to crawford.

# 48 VRICH @ 09/28/08 05:41 PM
MSG looks great! thats the best MSG Ive ever seen in a video game

# 49 BamaBoy88 @ 09/28/08 05:58 PM
does anybody know where I could see vids of the ps2 version I have seen the screens and they are better than i thought they would be but I would like to see a vid if possible.

# 50 The 24th Letter @ 09/28/08 05:59 PM
i like how aggressive the CPU was....

# 51 i c u cant stop me @ 09/28/08 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Thanks Steve! Hey when the Knicks was coming up court, the arena music was new. Is sounded like Mystikal's "Here I Go"
That song was also played in the rockets vs spurs video. great video the only thing that i noticed is that the game doesnt have arena pacific music cause we all know in msg they play all the music with that organ.

# 52 Tha_Kid @ 09/28/08 06:18 PM
The adaptive a.i. looked alot better in this video than it has in the others. I don't like calling plays in 2K (the way its handled just feels stiff IMO) so it's nice that adaptive a.i. makes the gameplay more dynamic/organic instead of an isofest.

# 53 The 24th Letter @ 09/28/08 06:23 PM
speaking of iso fest....I havent seen alot of crossovers at all in any vid....

# 54 blackngoldfan @ 09/28/08 06:24 PM
I love the emotion of the crowd.

After the Ally-oop, the crowd stood up and went wild, THEN VC shut 'em up with that 3 pointer as the shot clock expired, THEN they rose to their feet with excitement after Crawford hit the 3 pointer. LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT!!!

I wonder why they never put the "Madison Square Garden" logo on the court.

# 55 jewelz1132 @ 09/28/08 06:25 PM
EA owns the rights to MSG i think

# 56 RubenDouglas @ 09/28/08 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
One thing is that it's too bright. It should be darker in contrast, but you can change that in your tv settings easily upon getting the game so. Other than that, I have say it's looking good for a polishing of a preexisting engine. it seems it's doing just enough right this go around . It looks smoother, more varied and has a bunch of presentation quality added to it since last year.
are you talking about the arena? its so weird, but rewatch the official trailer and look at MSG there. the seating is very very dark in there. but this footage shows a mucher brighter MSG seating area.

vs.

is it just a difference in capture devices and color/contrast/brightness settings? i mean the beta is newer than the trailer footage i presume. but msg in the trailer is looking just right. MSG in realtime in the beta footage by steve looks like MSG of old.

odd

# 57 Parasight @ 09/28/08 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I love the emotion of the crowd.

After the Ally-oop, the crowd stood up and went wild, THEN VC shut 'em up with that 3 pointer as the shot clock expired, THEN they rose to their feet with excitement after Crawford hit the 3 pointer. LOVE IT...LOVE IT...LOVE IT!!!

I wonder why they never put the "Madison Square Garden" logo on the court.
Because that is one expensive logo.

# 58 blackngoldfan @ 09/28/08 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1132
EA owns the rights to MSG i think
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parasight
Because that is one expensive logo.
Well, that answers my question. Thanks

# 59 i c u cant stop me @ 09/28/08 06:41 PM
Man what dont these guys own......

# 60 Muzyk23 @ 09/28/08 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
Man what dont these guys own......

they don't own the best basketball game out there

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.