Home
Madden 09 News Post

Check out the article at Gamepro.

Quote:
"There are dream jobs, and then there are Dream Jobs. Anthony White has the latter.

Every week during football season, this EA assistant designer receives a little black box at his desk at EA's Tiburon Studios. Inside the box is a portable hard drive with videos of that week's NFL games.

White then fires up that little black box and proceeds to get paid for watching every single one so he can ensure EA's Madden NFL Football titles are as accurate and up-to-date as possible.

"Sometimes I have to pinch myself," White said, to which we say, "no kidding!"

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TJdaSportsGuy @ 09/30/08 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecahl
It's becoming more and more apparent that nobody has a sense of humor around here.
If there was anything even remotely humorous in this thread, you wouldn't have to make comments like this.

# 22 bkrich83 @ 09/30/08 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
You guys are beating a dead horse.
Irony.

# 23 bkrich83 @ 09/30/08 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
that's not an example of irony, smart guy
If you say so.

# 24 SteelerSpartan @ 09/30/08 10:45 PM
Then why the hell do they keep giving Eli and Peyton the wrong damm facemasks every year. I swear thats just a cruel joke

And Flip the Steelers mid field logo and have them standing on the wrong side of the field

# 25 The Chef @ 09/30/08 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Irony.
He clearly doesnt get what irony means, maybe you should explain to him that its awfully ironic that the guy talking about beating a dead horse has been the same guy running around crying about Madden at every chance he has gotten. Then there is the taking pot shots at me in PM only to turn off his PM's right after so I cant respond, unbelievable.

# 26 bkrich83 @ 09/30/08 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
He clearly doesnt get what irony means, maybe you should explain to him that its awfully ironic that the guy talking about beating a dead horse has been the same guy running around crying about Madden at every chance he has gotten. Then there is the taking pot shots at me in PM only to turn off his PM's right after so I cant respond, unbelievable.
You got the PM's as well? Nice.

As you say, the use of the term Irony was clearly lost on him

# 27 SoxFan01605 @ 10/01/08 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Great stuff! It's good to see there are still some who like quality in our videogames.

lol...I fail to see aything in what you quoted that suggests liking quality over anyone else. calling a guy handicapped and other silly shots don't do any more for quality than people openly defending the game. Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe all the repetative silliness is just part of the crusade to make a better Madden. March on

# 28 kenlovin @ 10/01/08 11:37 AM
*Comic book guy voice* "Biggest oxymoron everrrrrr...."

# 29 BezO @ 10/01/08 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture15
Wow, the usual suspects came out on this one.
Yeah, I guess a certain number of us are more aware & consistent than others. What a shame.

Quote:
To possibly get this back on track, Anthony is our playbook guru...and does this solely for playbooks. If you have complaints with playbooks, then please post them here.
The playbooks have little differentation from team to team, both offensively & defensively.

Philly runs a lot of screens, from many formations. Where are all of these screens?

Indy runs cover 2 about 75% of the time, with many variations(blitzes & stunts). Where are all of these defenses?

We still have to search through several formations to find certain play types. For example, we should be able to run screen plays from every formation, especially with Philly. We should be able to run zone plays from every formation with a RB in the backfield. And so on.

There are not enough goal line plays.

There are not enough special teams plays/formations.

The game desparately needs a tier playcalling system on defense so we are not stuck with EA's combinations of strategy. For example, if I want to blitz the WLB from a 4-3 front, I have maybe 2 options and I'm stuck with the coverage EA feels is appropriate. If I want man-free coverage from the 4-3, again thier are only a few options, and again we're stuck with blitzes & stunts EA feels are appropriate.

We can still only motion one player, and we still have to wait for him to get all the way acrosse the formation before we can motion him back.

And who's responsible for playcalling AI? They need to watch the games along with Anthony. Teams don't call plays like thier real life counterparts. They don't even have similar run/pass ratios. The teams have no identities. Than god for jerseys!

I'd write more, but as a usual suspect, I don't expect a response.

# 30 yamabushi @ 10/01/08 12:11 PM
This thread got really uptight.

# 31 tbbuccaneer87 @ 10/01/08 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This is just way too easy. No comment.
lmao, so true.

Quote:
Wow, the usual suspects came out on this one. To possibly get this back on track, Anthony is our playbook guru...and does this solely for playbooks. If you have complaints with playbooks, then please post them here. Anthony doesn't really have much effect on AI and things of that nature currently (though it's something we're trying to get him more involved in).

And most of us all watch football all the time (even though obviously I'm not one to say that you can't have an opinion to think we don't). In fact, here's where I was Sunday:

Attachment 10809

(P.S. going to a stadium with a bum calf...not the best idea)
hell yeah, go bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 32 rckabillyRaider @ 10/01/08 10:18 PM
I think it was a misprint. Should say: "EA Employee Gets Paid to Watch Foosball"

EA Sports: Foosball 2010

(Picture complete with targeted audience)

# 33 jackw @ 10/01/08 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I think it was a misprint. Should say: "EA Employee Gets Paid to Watch Foosball"

Now that was funny! LMAO!

# 34 xV3L0CiTY @ 10/02/08 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider

Unfortunately, I think you're right.

# 35 njmcfreak @ 10/02/08 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Yeah, I guess a certain number of us are more aware & consistent than others. What a shame.

The playbooks have little differentation from team to team, both offensively & defensively.

Philly runs a lot of screens, from many formations. Where are all of these screens?

Indy runs cover 2 about 75% of the time, with many variations(blitzes & stunts). Where are all of these defenses?

We still have to search through several formations to find certain play types. For example, we should be able to run screen plays from every formation, especially with Philly. We should be able to run zone plays from every formation with a RB in the backfield. And so on.

There are not enough goal line plays.

There are not enough special teams plays/formations.

The game desparately needs a tier playcalling system on defense so we are not stuck with EA's combinations of strategy. For example, if I want to blitz the WLB from a 4-3 front, I have maybe 2 options and I'm stuck with the coverage EA feels is appropriate. If I want man-free coverage from the 4-3, again thier are only a few options, and again we're stuck with blitzes & stunts EA feels are appropriate.

We can still only motion one player, and we still have to wait for him to get all the way acrosse the formation before we can motion him back.

And who's responsible for playcalling AI? They need to watch the games along with Anthony. Teams don't call plays like thier real life counterparts. They don't even have similar run/pass ratios. The teams have no identities. Than god for jerseys!

I'd write more, but as a usual suspect, I don't expect a response.
This man hit the nail on the head.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.