Home
News Post

Richard Chavez is back this week with his NBA 2K9 All-Star Team. Be sure to take a peak and let him know what you think of his list!

Quote:
"After years and years of watching the NBA, you'd think anybody would easily be able to predict who will play in the All-Star Game. Sure anybody can say LeBron and Kobe (and Yao), but after that it's anyone’s guess. It’s hard to forecast the whole NBA All-Star team, but I’m going to try and do it anyway. These guys are the guys who should be keeping you awake at night while you try to figure out how to guard them in your upcoming online league game."

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DaoudS @ 09/30/08 01:41 PM
Yes, Raptor fans do you hate

# 2 bullfan#1 @ 09/30/08 02:00 PM
Ok now ya'll are out of line did you really greg oden over paul gasol, or even andrew bynum and on the east coast i think its time for bibby to make the all star team

# 3 chipper @ 09/30/08 02:09 PM
Eddit the fatso over bosh AND JO? come on.

# 4 DaoudS @ 09/30/08 02:12 PM
and also Rose over Calderon? this is a publicity stunt!

# 5 TMagic @ 09/30/08 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
and also Rose over Calderon? this is a publicity stunt!
So, your saying that Calderon will be a more popular player than Rose?

Rose will probably be the more popular pick, especially if he and the Bulls have a decent year. So I can understand why he chose to have Rose ahead of Jose.

# 6 DaoudS @ 09/30/08 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagic_01
So, your saying that Calderon will be a more popular player than Rose?

Rose will probably be the more popular pick, especially if he and the Bulls have a decent year. So I can understand why he chose to have Rose ahead of Jose.
I think Calderon will put up better numbers then Rose this year. Calderon almost an all-star last year while starting sharing time, I think he is a lock this year if he can maintain his play from last year.

# 7 totalkaos @ 09/30/08 02:21 PM
^^^ I'm not a Raptor's fan but I was about to say the same thing: No Chris Bosh on the reserves? And Jose Calderon could easily be the starting PG for the East come Feb. rofl @ Eddy Curry...dude still isn't in shape. I'd be hard pressed to count out Chauncey, Caron, Gerald Wallace in the East... I don't even want to touch the West. There's always so much talent that a lot of people tend to get left off. I do think G.O.'s a bit of a stretch though.

# 8 TheAsassin @ 09/30/08 02:57 PM
Brandon Roy over Allen Iverson!!??! yeah right

# 9 TMagic @ 09/30/08 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I think Calderon will put up better numbers then Rose this year. Calderon almost an all-star last year while starting sharing time, I think he is a lock this year if he can maintain his play from last year.
O yeah. I'm not doubting that Calderon will put up better numbers. I'm almost certain he will.

But, the starters are voted in by the fans. So Calderon will have to be a more popular player than Rose despite the fact that he may have had the better season up to that point.

If Rose is making spectacular, highlight worthy plays, has more face time on TV, has the announcers talking about him all the time, and he has decent numbers, then I could easily see the fans voting him ahead of Calderon. Not to mention the fact that Rose is already popular for being the number 1 pick in the draft in the huge basketball market of Chicago.

It's a popularity contest. So even if Calderon is the better player, Rose can still be the starter.

Chris Paul didn't even start last year, despite being the best point guard in the league and being ranked second in MVP voting.

# 10 Po Pimp @ 09/30/08 03:20 PM
The article is dead wrong if we're predicting the REAL NBA All Stars for the '09 season. Now if we're talking NBA 2k9 predictions, its still wrong.

2k still rates people specifically on stats and position. No way Derrick Rose makes it over Gilbert Arenas. Theres no guarantee Kobe will even start over Iverson in this game. Tim Duncan over Amare is debatable as well.

# 11 eaglesfan87 @ 09/30/08 03:24 PM
who is this guy, iverson bot beeing on the squad is like playing basketball without a ball it just doesnt make too much sense. iverson will be on the west team believe that.......

the people love iverson every year you think hes getting older and his game is gonna slow down and people will forget about him but yet he keeps proving them wrong and it will be no different this year

# 12 FUBLU @ 09/30/08 03:28 PM
West: East:
Coach. Phil Jackson / Lakers Coach. Doc Rivers / Celtics

PG C. Paul / NO PG G. Arenas / WAS
SG K. Bryant / LAL SG D. Wade / MIA
SF C. Anthony / DEN SF L. James / CLE
PF T. Duncan / SA PF K. Garnett / BOS
C Yao / HOU C D. Howard / ORL

Bench: Bench:
S. Nash / PHX C. Billups / DET
T.McGrady / HOU V. Carter / NJ
R. Artest / HOU P.Pierce / DET
D. Norwitzki / DAL C. Bosh / TOR
A. Staudomire / PHX A. Hortford / ATL
D. Williams/ UTA R. Wallace / DET
C. Boozer / UTA J. Johnson / ATL

# 13 FUBLU @ 09/30/08 03:30 PM
P. Pierce / Boston My bad

# 14 Rhymologist @ 09/30/08 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
The article is dead wrong if we're predicting the REAL NBA All Stars for the '09 season. Now if we're talking NBA 2k9 predictions, its still wrong.

2k still rates people specifically on stats and position. No way Derrick Rose makes it over Gilbert Arenas. Theres no guarantee Kobe will even start over Iverson in this game. Tim Duncan over Amare is debatable as well.
Umm, Kobe will stArt over A.I, nO doUbt, iF yOu reCall, He is the League MVP, aNd umm, yA, proBaBly the beSt plAyer iN the wOrld... chaNge thAt tO Unambiguously, He will be sTarTing...

# 15 Chavez21 @ 09/30/08 03:49 PM
Allen Iverson will probably get traded.

Gilbert Arenas will be injured for the first three months of the season.

# 16 TheAsassin @ 09/30/08 03:57 PM
first of all chris paul was the real mvp last year who should have won it. and like he said every year they under estimate AI and he keeps proving them wrong. men lie, women lie, people lie, numbers dont! AI = #3 scoring #9 assist #8 steals you can hate if you want to but you wastin your time!

# 17 KaptnKirk12 @ 09/30/08 04:22 PM
Derrick Rose?

Seriously? If Rose makes it, then Beasley is going to be a lock to make it. If there is one player from Chicago that would make it, it would be Deng. Next it would probably be Kirk. No way is Derrick Rose, who hasn't looked amazingly impressive in any of the offseason stuff going to be on the All-Star team, starting at that. Hell, he probably won't even start for Chicago.

# 18 DC @ 09/30/08 04:30 PM
Why are we discussing Calderon vs Rose's popularity when NEITHER will be popular enough to start?

# 19 Scott @ 09/30/08 04:33 PM
Please never type like that again ....remember this is in NBA2K9, not IRL....

# 20 TMagic @ 09/30/08 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Why are we discussing Calderon vs Rose's popularity when NEITHER will be popular enough to start?
That's true. Wasn't even thinking about that. Forgot that there are only Guards. Not point guards and shooting guards. Even then, I'm not sure they would get over on Billups for top point guard, and I forgot about Gil who is injured and may not be at his best.

...And I didn't realize that we were just talking about the videogame.

From what I read, it just looked like it was based off of real life. Nothing was mentioned about the players effect in NBA 2K9. Everything written about each player was based off real life.

My bad for the confusion.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.