Home
News Post

We have just posted some player faces, from our beta copy of NBA Live 09. Look for part 2, tomorrow.

NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Statuto
sorry boss, i couldn't respond earlier because i was in class. and to answer your question, i have been playing nba 2k prolly since 2k7 when i first got a 360. now that i have a ps3 i got nba live 08 but it stunk so bad in terms of how the games is played, the menus were slow, the players didnt seem lifelike. I told myself that if live 09 was anything like this(Live 08) i would juss stop purchasing live until the did something better. growing up all I played was live ands to see this, these pics, playing the demo....I'm not convinced, the gameplay is still lagging behind 2k. for me its bittersweet but I have been playing 2k since 2k7. and i cannot wait for nfl 2k to come back because madden is no better. these are next gen systems, who the hell does EA have doing these games???? why the hell are these games not good??? I don't get it, I mean WTF does EA do all year long, that NBA 365 crap, no body cares if EA updates their hot streaks because you should be able to update players on your own anyway. oh wait, EA took that away too in Live 08. maybe Im a little pick, but im sick and tired of this crap that EA has been sellin me, I want a game that plays as close to rel life and NBA 2K gives me that.
Bro - I feel ya. I am a 2K guys myself too....I was just responding to your comment that the Sprite logo was a deal breaker.

# 62 RIZDRAVER @ 10/01/08 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Live in motion on the screen looks way better than those screenshots and you know it.
2K always looked much better in motion than Live. But their stills (player models) looked like crap.

This is the very first year where 2K looks far better in motion & better in stills. The year I thought Live would overtake 2K, they actually fall behind in categories where they've been ahead for a decade. I hope EA gets the picture and fires some people.

# 63 23 @ 10/01/08 03:40 PM
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I can appreciate the good things both games bring.

I just know the screenshots mean jack when you play the games.

# 64 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/01/08 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
I can't cosign on that. 2K animations have always been better - the players models/still shots..... not so much. Back when we had more than 2 baseball games - MVP looked better...and the Show looks better now. NFL 2K was a push (at best)...while Madden players looked like they were on roids...2K players looked lanky at times with a lower res count. We can agree to disagree on NBA Live..because while in motion I think NO sports game looks better than NBA2K - the still shots are not the all that. *shrugs* I'm just sayin....
I'm just a little stumped, 2K IMO has looked better then LIVE every year since it's existence. Honestly, I give a fair opinion always, and Lives players models have always looked weaker, also I think there is no comparison to arenas when comparing LIVE to 2K. LIVE is just more generic, thats what hurts me with LIVE, even though I think I''m going to but LIVE tomorrow. I think I will end up with both, I was only getting 2K, but now I changed my mind, like I said I think I;m getting Live also.

# 65 RubenDouglas @ 10/01/08 03:48 PM
not bad. as some have been saying.. consistency is not there. Im loving the nuggets lineup though. all those guys look great. some others just have some question marks... why do some guys have hazel/gold eyes? that reallly really throws it off

# 66 23 @ 10/01/08 03:50 PM
LOL FF you come here every year claiming to be a 2k guy but trying to look objective by saying you will probably get Live.

Why are you thinking of getting Live besides the players faces?

# 67 RIZDRAVER @ 10/01/08 03:50 PM
Quote:
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I can appreciate the good things both games bring.

I just know the screenshots mean jack when you play the games.
The ONLY reason I bought Live was for the graphics and commentary. Honestly, I did feel like 2K out did them in every single other area: animations, gameplay, presentation, etc.

This will officially be the first year I don't buy Live. It is kind of bitter sweet. I just hope next year 2K can get better commentary and EA can play catch up in most areas. They have a lot of work ahead of them in my opinion.

# 68 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/01/08 03:58 PM
Quote:
LOL FF you come here every year claiming to be a 2k guy but trying to look objective by saying you will probably get Live.

Why are you thinking of getting Live besides the players faces?
Because I love basketball, and I am a 2k guys and always will be, I do like some of the things live is doing this year, I do like there roster updated system there doing this year too, I think that will be better then 2K's. I thought this thread was about the faces, on that not LIVES graphics are always lagging behind 2K every year IMO.

Also, it doesn't hurt that I can pick up LIVE tomorrow.

# 69 bonez2408 @ 10/01/08 04:31 PM
every since I got my 360 in 05 iv bought both live and 2k the same day,needless to say I've always taken live back the very next day,but this year I won't even waste my time on that garbage this year 2k all day its hard to even b objective about the 2 games I used to love live,but that time has come and gone R.I.P nba live as a series maybe someone can breath life back into u one day,lol (oh yeah LAKERS ALL DAY)

# 70 stephensonmc @ 10/01/08 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I'm just a little stumped, 2K IMO has looked better then LIVE every year since it's existence. Honestly, I give a fair opinion always, and Lives players models have always looked weaker, also I think there is no comparison to arenas when comparing LIVE to 2K. LIVE is just more generic, thats what hurts me with LIVE, even though I think I''m going to but LIVE tomorrow. I think I will end up with both, I was only getting 2K, but now I changed my mind, like I said I think I;m getting Live also.
Just so you know FF, we did a ton of work on arena lighting this year.

You won't just see the one arena lighting like in NBA LIVE 08.

# 71 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/01/08 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc

Thats great to hear, but just like in NHL09, all the Arenas look the same, thats great about then lighting, but did you guy makes the Arenas stand apart from each other this year?

# 72 stephensonmc @ 10/01/08 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Thats great to hear, but just like in NHL09, all the Arenas look the same, thats great about then lighting, but did you guy makes the Arenas stand apart from each other this year?
We have the different arenas in the game. Could you be a bit more specific FF?

Just want to make sure what I'm telling you is what you're looking for.

# 73 Ballatician @ 10/01/08 05:00 PM
Went to look like at the 2k screens and I have to say its a push. Some hits and misses on both sides. You also have to take into account players expression changes and which system the pix are from.

# 74 Ballatician @ 10/01/08 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc

Good to hear

# 75 RIZDRAVER @ 10/01/08 05:24 PM
Why such the big heads and skinny bodies? The legs in particular are like sticks. Textures are only going to get you so far in way of graphics. The proportions and likenesses of the player models are outright horrible. Kobe has a 30 lb head for crying out loud!

Nobodies mentioned the Pierce shot. Nothing in that photo including the complexion remotely resembles Paul Pierce. Even the models like Iverson which resemble them, still have a very distinct Pixar cartoony look to them.

# 76 thesniper321 @ 10/01/08 05:48 PM
Iverson looks ugly.........lebron too ok let's be real almost EVERYBODY looks horrible

# 77 RIZDRAVER @ 10/01/08 06:02 PM
One of the worst is Zydrunas Ilguaskas. He looks like Chunk from the Goonies. It doesn't look anything even like Z.

And check out Okafor; looks absolutely NOTHING like Okafor! Look how long his forehead is, his 2" thick eyebrows and the Looney Tunes expression.

# 78 ShaolinSteez @ 10/01/08 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
You know - Dirk ain't the most attractive fellow no matter what version you prefer. I've come to that conclusion.

lol You nailed it.

# 79 WTF @ 10/01/08 06:16 PM
Okafor kinda reminds me of Steve Harvey, lol

# 80 Glenn33 @ 10/01/08 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesniper321
Iverson looks ugly.........lebron too ok let's be real almost EVERYBODY looks horrible
I take issue with this one..I think between the 2 Iverson looks better on Live by far:
2K9

Live 09

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.