Home
News Post

PALGN has posted their preview of NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"In addition to these promising new features, Visual Concepts and 2K Sports have also implemented new ways to share customised players and interact online. Titled '2K Share', the mode will allow gamers to download, upload, and rate the created players that they browse online, derived from the reliably-thorough list of options, settings, and sliding bars the 2K franchises are known for."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dela $ick @ 10/02/08 01:54 AM
Good Read, sooo does anyone know if 2k9 demo comes out tomorrow?!

# 2 Syphon @ 10/02/08 02:01 AM
The game info box attached to that article has the release date listed at 10/10 which is earlier than what it was indicating last week, which was 29/10. I hope that's true cause I'd love to have it sooner rather than later!

# 3 Jonesy @ 10/02/08 02:29 AM
Well every Aussie games site i have seen says the 10/10 so i'm hoping that's it as well.

If it is the 29th i'll just import it (gotta love the region free ps3!) from play-asia instead but i'd rather just buy it locally if i can.

# 4 eaglesfan87 @ 10/02/08 03:17 AM
Well all the reviews are sweet, looks like 2k is gonna take the title again this year. The demo can drop tomorrow or never at this point i dont even care 2k should of been release the demo, live released their demo like 4 weeks ago. its 5 more days til the game i can wait

# 5 AI3 @ 10/02/08 05:01 AM
we can just use the living rosters, 2k insider does.
and will Pal users be able to download 2k share content the NTSC users upload?

# 6 dragonsruleme @ 10/02/08 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
Just remember fellas...the PAL version cannot use NTSC rosters.

So, even though the PS3 is region free, you won't be able to use the vast majority of rosters on here.
You should order the NTSC from overseas so you can get their rosters. That's what I am doing this year, I didn't last year and we didn't even get the patch.

# 7 allan002001 @ 10/02/08 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsruleme
You should order the NTSC from overseas so you can get their rosters. That's what I am doing this year, I didn't last year and we didn't even get the patch.
cosign, i could live with editing my own rosters and stuff, but that patch was just unforgivable.

# 8 antigravity @ 10/02/08 08:17 AM
I actually dunno what youre talking about guys.

I've always bought the PAL versions, and have always had roster and patch updates on my 360.

And they weren't just updates for the 360, the message was "there has been an update to this game, do you want to download it?".

And there were a number of roster downloads (albeit not enough...) to download off the 360 community within NBA 2k8.

# 9 madjax @ 10/02/08 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antigravity
I actually dunno what youre talking about guys.

I've always bought the PAL versions, and have always had roster and patch updates on my 360.

And they weren't just updates for the 360, the message was "there has been an update to this game, do you want to download it?".

And there were a number of roster downloads (albeit not enough...) to download off the 360 community within NBA 2k8.
They are talking about the ps3 version. for some reason you could not play someone from the ntsc region with your pal 2k and vice versa. The ps3 never got patched either

# 10 antigravity @ 10/03/08 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjax
They are talking about the ps3 version. for some reason you could not play someone from the ntsc region with your pal 2k and vice versa. The ps3 never got patched either
Damn that sucks... Why are PS3 owners getting the short end of the stick?

Weird...

At least you got your demo quicker than us!

# 11 Panzram @ 10/03/08 12:35 PM
So will PAL users get the living roster updates through the game?

I've recently sold my NTSC 360 so gonna have to roll with the PAL version this year, I can probably live without draft classes but at least would like some decent roster updates.

# 12 supadupa @ 10/06/08 08:49 AM
The new release date for the PAL version in EU is now set to be 24. October 2008.

# 13 nba2k3fan @ 10/06/08 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supadupa
The new release date for the PAL version in EU is now set to be 24. October 2008.
wtf?! Where did you get that?

# 14 Panzram @ 10/06/08 12:47 PM
Yea, where did you get that info?

I hope this isn't true!!

# 15 Jonesy @ 10/06/08 06:59 PM
None of the sites i use have changed the release date but it wouldn't surprise me if it does get delay for PAL users, seems to happen nearly every year.

From the sites i am seeing it's Live released on the 9th and 2k9 released on the 10th.

# 16 supadupa @ 10/07/08 03:27 AM
Here is my source. This is the distribution company in Scandinavia.

Last week the date was 10. October, I guess Gamefaq etc have not updated the release date yet.

http://games.kemedia.com/Title.asp?ProductID=12154&Language=3

# 17 Jonesy @ 10/07/08 05:06 AM
Well it's out in Australia (PAL version) so i wouldn't believe that source.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.