Home
News Post

The NBA 2K9 demo is available for the Playstation 3. Download it and give us your impressions.

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 madjax @ 10/02/08 06:26 PM
I cant make out what the arena announcer says when allen hits a three but i love it. one thing i like is that if you leave the computer open he will take the shot you are giving him

# 42 leo2k2ndc @ 10/02/08 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well, I had Kevin Garnett get 4 fouls in the one quarter. I am a ferocious defender.
Hahahah, Wait til you play with Bad Centers, They're foul call probability will be alot higher

# 43 ghm125 @ 10/02/08 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjax
I cant make out what the arena announcer says when allen hits a three but i love it. one thing i like is that if you leave the computer open he will take the shot you are giving him
he is yelling 1,2 3333333333

# 44 03MstGT290 @ 10/02/08 06:30 PM
I just hooked my ps3 online last night and I am going to download this demo

# 45 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:30 PM
Gameplay, remember I am a noob.

I like how the cpu uses his weapons. Kobe taking over, drawing double teams for the dish. I also like how my guys actually make smart basketball moves without the ball. Setting screens, back door cuts, balancing the floor, etc..

There was a play my first game where Kobe beat Pierce off the dribble and I was controlling Garnett and swatted his shot. I had Pierce drive the lane, run over Odom and there was no call. Also, a Rondo no look pass to KG was sweet.

Sorry for the sporadic impressions, I am trying to type and play at the same time.

# 46 ThaGenecyst @ 10/02/08 06:30 PM
Quote:
Just finished the quarter. Remember I am new to the series so if I state the obvious, cut me some slack.

Graphics are amazing. The crowd is really into the game, and react appropriately to whats going on. I love the "ceiling" lights glaring off the hardwood, nice touch. The fact that the court is surrounded by those who you would expect is also a neat touch, really drew me into the game.

Gameplay is phoenomenal. Be back in a sec to detail
you are SOOOOOOOOOOO nba 2k2 with that comment

jp

# 47 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGenecyst
you are SOOOOOOOOOOO nba 2k2 with that comment

jp

Sorry man, I haven't played a 2K game in..........I'll get back to ya

# 48 bluengold34_OS @ 10/02/08 06:32 PM
Breathe CB, it will be ok.....................

And then, and then, and then....its like were 12 again and its Christmas.

# 49 madjax @ 10/02/08 06:32 PM
one nice small detail if you are running with your back to the basket and somebody tries to pass the ball in your direction and you press steal your player wont magically just turn around and steal it, he will just put his hands up and try to deflect it

# 50 Gmoney2002 @ 10/02/08 06:32 PM
Initial Impressions:

I do not like the PS3 controller for my ball games so not playing this on the XBOX controller felt very odd.

Demo consists of a 4 minute quarter(compared to Live 2 2min quarters). Default teams, as expected are Lakers and Celtics. Playcalling is disabled as is the commentary. You can rematch as soon as the quarter ends again much like Live.

Initial Gameplay Impressions:

- Off the ball movement is absolutely amazing. You can initiate offense just by watching your players set screeens for each other. Players will either use the pick to free up a shot or will roll to the basket. It is amazing.

Gameplay, as with most 2k games is veeeeeeery smooth. One thing I noticed early though was, I received a pass on the wing and had a path to the basket with Paul Pierce. I did a gather animation before I could accelerate. Now realistically this would be accurate BUT the animation took a lil too long to finish before a defender came to contest me.

This could be just a one-time thing but we'll see. More to come.

# 51 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/02/08 06:32 PM
didn't;t even read anything in this thread, just got home, and I'm downloading, OMG, I feel like a kid on Christmas....

# 52 Klocker @ 10/02/08 06:33 PM
Quote:
... I also like how my guys actually make smart basketball moves without the ball. Setting screens, back door cuts, balancing the floor, etc......
this is the change i most look forward to in this game... without calling plays the past 2k games had a lot of players standing around.

it may just be nostalgia but for a last gen game Inside Drive did this well at the time.

# 53 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:33 PM
Kobe is a monster. Hitting fadeaways, acrobatic layups, throw downs on me. The only way I've been able to stop Kobe is to foul him.

# 54 Steve_OS @ 10/02/08 06:35 PM
Cleaned out the thread, keep the "impressions" coming guys.

# 55 ehh @ 10/02/08 06:35 PM
The DL is going pretty slow for me, boo @ the person who completed it in 4 minutes.

# 56 23 @ 10/02/08 06:35 PM
You just stink at the game country...lol

nah when you're new to the game the AI whips on you

# 57 countryboy @ 10/02/08 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
Breathe CB, it will be ok.....................

And then, and then, and then....its like were 12 again and its Christmas.
I apologize for being a nuisance. I am very intrigued by what I am seeing and trying my best to relay to the community, but I don't know what is the thing to look for so to speak, so I am telling everything.

I do apologize guys, if my sporadic posts are annoying.

# 58 riDIRKulous41 @ 10/02/08 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjax
He is saying..."1,2,3"....also when ray allen scores the PA guy will say "Ray Ray".

When on offense the CPU will come up and set picks for you and roll and pop depending on the players setting the pick...I had a sweet pick and roll with Rondo and Perkins. Perkins was wide open and received the pass only to get rejected on the dunk by Gasol coming over from the weak side....crowd went ahhhh when Perk got blocked

Lock-on D is alot better, you shade the defender to get him play the offensive player by moving the L stick. To determine whether to play tight, mid or way off you move the R stick. What I loved was when i was guarding Rondo I backed off of him all the way and he would shoot the 3 just like in real-life. I did the same thing when guarding Fish and backed off him and he proceed to shoot the J.

I've never been good with Isomotion so cant really comment on it.

I'm lovin' KG's FT routine its spot on.

No highlights at the end of the 1st quarter, just get the score overlay and rematch screen pops up

The user controlled team cant sub so you are stuck with the starting 5; however the CPU subs towards the end of the quarter. One of the negatives about the CPU subbing as the Lakers was that they brought in a lineup of Farmar, KObe, Walton, Odom, and Radmanovic at center, very odd lineup. I could understand if I was going small but KG was being guarded by Radmanovic.

Cant wait till tuesday, wish i was playing demo on 360 bc not to familiar with 2k PS3 controls

# 59 Klocker @ 10/02/08 06:36 PM
Quote:

I do apologize guys, if my sporadic posts are annoying.
no... tell it all thanks

# 60 8and9 @ 10/02/08 06:37 PM
Quote:
Kobe is a monster. Hitting fadeaways, acrobatic layups, throw downs on me. The only way I've been able to stop Kobe is to foul him.
Yeah he was killing me on my first game..lol. I loved every second of it though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.