Home
News Post

Czar has done it again, check out Czarisode 4, this time featuring NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"Czar checks in with his first NBA 2K9 show, Matchups... Spacing... AI... Oh My!"

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 poster @ 10/03/08 03:41 PM
Great work Czar. The breakdowns and comedy you inject into your videos are top notch!

# 62 noam325 @ 10/03/08 04:12 PM
This video is simply amazing! Thank you czar, for taking your time and putting that all together. After seeing that, you just have to give props to the 2k team. Year after year these guys just improve the game on every level . Its because of this that i will continue buying their games for as long as they produce them. Unlike other companies (*COUGH* EA) that just simply add some stupid feature and slap on a new year on the front cover, these guys actually fix and improve the game, as well as add new features.

# 63 Da_Czar @ 10/03/08 04:27 PM
OS Family what up !!! Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for letting me know I'm not wasting my time or yours. Thanks to every single person who popped in man and said what up !! makes the long hours worth it... Super tuesday is coming up... Start you fingertip pushups now to get those thumbs in shape BABY !!!!

I'm sure as we all get into the game well find things we dislike but I think there is plenty to chew on until then...

For the record I have nothing personal against Marvin I should never have been drafted that High Williams... I swear....LOL

# 64 Da_Czar @ 10/03/08 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
unimpressed

lol. nah.. how you gonna do marvin like that? lovely stuff regarding the spacing. CPU finally guarding guys respective to their strengths and weaknesses. I do wonder if marvin hits a few shots, he'll then get that normal coverage.
Thats cold big Reuben LOL you know your stuff though So if you like it at all I think I'll be okay !!!!

Marvin will have to not just make a few buckets but really become the main scorer and then they will definitely get up on him but He is going to have to be from missouri (showmestate).

I like that rather than an immediate switch because the gameplan could be make marvin beat us. If he starts going videogame james though they are suppossed to adjust...

# 65 Da_Czar @ 10/03/08 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntNL
Wow great Czarisode!!! You really got me pumped about this game!!! AI looking tight...

So what will it be for you Czar?? 2K9 or Live??
Man I plan to get both... I really want to see how deep that dna system is for live so I will put it through its paces... I envision the bulk of my time with 2k9 though. Live has improved a lot but I don't believe they have overthrown the king just yet... Of course like you all I will know more in december when I'm Knee deep...

# 66 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/03/08 04:36 PM
Czar, you are the man, Loved this video.

# 67 bonkrood @ 10/03/08 04:37 PM
yes, this is my first post here, but i feel like this is something i need to address.

czar talks about how when dwight kicks it out to turkoglu, the defense is nowhere in sight. now, i ask, how is that a thing of beauty?!

any real bball fan knows that d's in the nba revolve around rotation. when howard kicked it out of the double team, the hawks should have rotated over to pick up turkoglu. this is something that 2k needs to address because it is more broken than last year.

last year, if a double team came, a 3rd defender came to rotate to the closest open man. sure, this was the only rotation that took place, and if you passed it around, you could get an open 3. but at least it made it harder to get an open look.

but this year, they took out rotation completely. now, if someone brings the double team, you can pass it out right away and get the open shot. this makes the point of double teaming totally worthless.

and please don't say that it's the hawks' tendency to not rotate because even in the demo they don't do it.

am i taking crazy pills?! does no one else see this?!

# 68 RoyalBoyle78 @ 10/03/08 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It's the Live videos he started putting out.
Yeah he was scaring me, because I know Czar to be a 2k basketball gamer.

# 69 AlexBrady @ 10/03/08 04:41 PM
Above average video Czar.

# 70 vaballer34 @ 10/03/08 04:51 PM
Another masterpiece....

# 71 Da_Czar @ 10/03/08 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkrood
yes, this is my first post here, but i feel like this is something i need to address.

czar talks about how when dwight kicks it out to turkoglu, the defense is nowhere in sight. now, i ask, how is that a thing of beauty?!

any real bball fan knows that d's in the nba revolve around rotation. !
Sup Bonkrood. Glad we got you fired up enough to join the fray. The section you were talking about I believe was spacing Sooo I was referring to the spacing on the floor between turk and howard. I was not advocating that as a Great defensive play. Just talking about spacing.

I think to get a good understanding of whether the rotations are broken, we may have to get the game and play it first.

In 2k8 I assume your talking about the double of the post after a guy gets hot. The definitely do rotate on those in 2k8. In the 2k9 part of the video the score was like 8-2 ... they weren't doubling him because we was hot but because of the mismatch. I can't say for certain if the hot man double teams are going to be the same as 2k8 or not as far as the rotations. In the 2k9 demo I have not gotten the cpu to double a hot guy yet even though i scored 18 with KG.

Also I believe I read that they changed the defense matchups to allow you to not have the cpu rotate off of a guy if you so choose(i swear i read this but I could be wrong). If I didn't get that mixed up or misread that. Im sure that COULD have an effect on who rotates and when. So I will need more time with the game for an apples to apples comparison of that TYPE of a double team.

If I do a section on Great rotational defense and use that Turk clip you have every right to brow beat Czar to High Heaven.... But in all fairness I was talking about spacing alone in that section...

# 72 Da_Czar @ 10/03/08 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Czar you're the man but why you gotta pick out the Tar Heel like that?

"I'm not picking on Marvin it's just he can't play" - Da Czar
I actually like Marvin.. LOL

# 73 hollywood @ 10/03/08 06:08 PM
dude...that video was off the hook.

# 74 NZ Buccaneer @ 10/03/08 06:52 PM
nice work czar - so where are episodes 1-3, or were they your live ones?

# 75 DW3 @ 10/03/08 08:12 PM
Good job czar. That was very informative!

# 76 Primerica @ 10/03/08 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I actually like Marvin.. LOL
Marvin fan here, I like Marvin and he does have those problems. What I would do it drive at Lewis because he has slow feet and Marvin first step is quick to cover the dropoff. Another thing is Dwight isn't good out of double teams, 2k overrated him badly, they rated him like he's Shaq.

# 77 Primerica @ 10/03/08 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkrood

any real bball fan knows that d's in the nba revolve around rotation. when howard kicked it out of the double team, the hawks should have rotated over to pick up turkoglu. this is something that 2k needs to address because it is more broken than last year.

last year, if a double team came, a 3rd defender came to rotate to the closest open man. sure, this was the only rotation that took place, and if you passed it around, you could get an open 3. but at least it made it harder to get an open look.

but this year, they took out rotation completely. now, if someone brings the double team, you can pass it out right away and get the open shot. this makes the point of double teaming totally worthless.

and please don't say that it's the hawks' tendency to not rotate because even in the demo they don't do it.

am i taking crazy pills?! does no one else see this?!
the hawks don't rotate in real life, never have and there offense lacks movement so this sequence makes sense. I see a video of Det/Dal and they moved great on defense.

# 78 PhiPsi1 @ 10/03/08 09:32 PM
Ei Czar -

Major props to you on this video. Totally hyped me up for the game this year. but as mentioned earlier, my only concern is the abuse of the double team animation. but hey, i'll check it once i get a copy of the full version.

anyways man, just wanted to give you a suggestion on your next video...

PLAYERLOCK AI!

i have been a recent convert in regards to playing on playerlock! they still kept this option in the game right? Just wanted to see the cpu ai in this mode and see if you play a position other than pg, if the off the ball movement persists and if the pg does or doesn't just stand there and dribble the ball....

if a playerlock video is of no interest to you (cuz i know your time is precious & time is money), then if you could possibly try it out personally and hit me up with some quick hitter info?

thanks bro! awesome work!

# 79 Da_Czar @ 10/04/08 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Buccaneer
nice work czar - so where are episodes 1-3, or were they your live ones?
Thanks NZ... Yeah those were the 1-3 were the live vids. Maybe I should have kept em seperate between the different games...I didn't want the show numbers to get confusing though...

# 80 Da_Czar @ 10/04/08 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Ei Czar -

Major props to you on this video. Totally hyped me up for the game this year. but as mentioned earlier, my only concern is the abuse of the double team animation. but hey, i'll check it once i get a copy of the full version.

anyways man, just wanted to give you a suggestion on your next video...

PLAYERLOCK AI!

i have been a recent convert in regards to playing on playerlock! they still kept this option in the game right? Just wanted to see the cpu ai in this mode and see if you play a position other than pg, if the off the ball movement persists and if the pg does or doesn't just stand there and dribble the ball....

if a playerlock video is of no interest to you (cuz i know your time is precious & time is money), then if you could possibly try it out personally and hit me up with some quick hitter info?

thanks bro! awesome work!
Thanks for the suggestion I have never ever thought of that... If I can't fit a show in I will definitely hit you on PM with my thoughts on that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.