Home
News Post

Jayson Young checks in today with Part II of his series taking a look at what NBA 2K needs to do to step up it's online game.

Quote:
"In part one of this series, we looked at the three most prominent gameplay flaws that cheesers have been using to ruin the NBA 2K online experience.

Assuming that NBA 2K9 corrects some -- if not all -- of these flaws, Visual Concepts will be on the right track to finally giving gamers an online experience that is, at the least, enjoyable against randoms (something that hasn’t really happened since the Dreamcast days, at least not for this author)."

NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K9 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 stillatin @ 10/08/08 10:39 AM
is it me or is 2k promoting more team play than single play for 2k9? which leads me to the question of what are you talking about man??!

# 2 PaulZweber @ 10/08/08 10:40 AM
The 5-on-5 is fun for sure, but it could definitly use some team building. I wish I could play with the same people and for a club like EAs games, but that is the tradeoff. Great gameplay or online clubs.

# 3 Tri-State Killa @ 10/08/08 11:42 AM
When is the 2K9 Review gonna be up.

# 4 PaulZweber @ 10/08/08 12:58 PM
Whenever they can find a reason to give it a lower rating than EAs game?

# 5 ChaseB @ 10/08/08 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
?

# 6 PaulZweber @ 10/08/08 01:08 PM
Just pointing out I have seen a lot of EA biased from a lot of people working on this site is all.

# 7 razinbran @ 10/08/08 01:26 PM
does anybody 5 on 5 team mode freezes before during gamplay like lagging

# 8 ChaseB @ 10/08/08 01:49 PM
Quote:
Just pointing out I have seen a lot of EA biased from a lot of people working on this site is all.
OK

# 9 PaulZweber @ 10/08/08 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razinbran
does anybody 5 on 5 team mode freezes before during gamplay like lagging
I experienced a VERY laggy 5-on-5 game last night, and for some reason it was still a blast. The game was basically unplayable, and both teams played the whole game without anyone quiting. Hopefully they get that fixed.

# 10 RaychelSnr @ 10/08/08 02:19 PM
Quote:
Actually these darned 360 Elites EA sent us just won't play 2K games for some reason so we've had to send them back and can't review NBA 2K9

(Actually we just got Live a lot sooner than we did 2K, expect a 2K9 review by the end of the week)

# 11 PaulZweber @ 10/08/08 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Actually these darned 360 Elites EA sent us just won't play 2K games for some reason so we've had to send them back and can't review NBA 2K9

(Actually we just got Live a lot sooner than we did 2K, expect a 2K9 review by the end of the week)
LOL, good one!

# 12 razinbran @ 10/08/08 03:45 PM
yea i played it too finnaly its coo where the loobies at i miss trash talkin

# 13 Pared @ 10/08/08 03:49 PM
Quote:
I KNEW IT!!!!!11!!!

# 14 PaulZweber @ 10/09/08 02:04 PM
Quote:

Maybe Madden won't freeze in your consoles

# 15 SpartanBaller @ 10/09/08 08:15 PM
I played with the pistons all the time, but now with the clear big man advantage it makes it more difficult.

# 16 alldayy @ 10/12/08 04:29 PM
I don't think turning games into a fantasy draft format would work well with 1vs1 ranked games. People want to use the actual rosters, I think. It's more real. What fantasy draft might be more feasible with is 5 on 5 mode. A way to make online ranked games more fair would be to 1) If I'm using a worse rated team and I beat an elite team, my rank should go up significantly more than if both teams were rated the same 2) Have a ranked leaderboard for each TEAM. So there would be the #1 Knicks user, the #1 Warriors user, etc.

"online dynasties where all 30 NBA teams are filled with five human players per team (150 players total!)."

Wow that would be AMAZING if it could work, I think it would be so hard to pull of tho with scheduling, etc.

# 17 capp34 @ 10/12/08 05:11 PM
dunno...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.