Home
News Post

Pasta Padre has posted an article about the serious issues we are seeing with NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"With the NBA 2K franchise as the flagship of 2K Sports it has always seemed to offer the best overall experience with the most resources behind it. That has carried over to online play where it has generally been stable while offering great online leagues. Right now however the game is experiencing some major online related issues."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 arod @ 10/10/08 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Where did you see that exactly ?? Was it from 2k Ron ??
yeah...it was a sticky on the 2k forums

# 22 maddcatt @ 10/10/08 02:23 PM
$60 for nothing more than a bunch of frustration thus far

My 2K camera has been taken away online
The lag online makes the game unplayable
No lobbies anymore

Why ? Why ? Why ?

Please 2K patch these issues and save my winter : (

Without some good online play....... I'm basically screwed

# 23 Tri-State Killa @ 10/10/08 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt

No lobbies anymore

Why ? Why ? Why ?

Listen man,do what I did and purchase Live as well.Thats of course if you can afford it but I mean online in Lives 5 on 5 clubs is playing to perfection with no lag what so ever,plus its fun as hell.

# 24 hollywood @ 10/10/08 05:53 PM
thankfully i haven't experienced the lag yet, although in reading all the posts it seems like its only happening in the 5 on 5 mode...and i decided long ago to stay faraway from that mode...i can already imagine wanting to drive to someone's house and sock them up for playing point and never passing the ball.

although it sucks there's no 2k cam online, i am getting used to the default cam.

otherwise, i've played a few unranked online games against friends and they turned out great.

# 25 bears5122 @ 10/10/08 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt

No lobbies anymore

Why ? Why ? Why ?

If you're buying it for the 5 on 5 (which is one of the best ideas to hit online gaming), just exchange 2K for Live. I just picked it up an hour ago and already had one game that was flawless. Ton of fun too as their AI flaws aren't seen as bad online. I'll probably toss 2K up on Ebay this weekend.

# 26 umd @ 10/10/08 09:21 PM
Big shock on that article. Pasta is an EA shill. Talk about homers.

I've been able to play a few 5 on 5 games (when the server is actually up) and it's a ton of fun. If they can get things working - supposedly by the "end of the week" (whatever that means) it should be a feature I'll use long term.

My gripes w/ online so far for 5 on 5:

*Static team matchups are going to suck pretty soon. They should either completely randomize the matchups or add in a ton of more even matchups w/ multiple options.

*lag is there for me about every 3rd game and I've played about 10-12 games online so far. Even played about half 5v5 or 4v4 w/ minimal lag - maybe just dumb luck or being PST? Servers down a bit too much for my taste though.

*there needs to be a quicker kick mechanism for laggers. This 30 sec stuff is one of the problems probably.

*there needs to be a kick for idling players or auto control option for someone who needs to "pause" for 2-3 mins. Twice I've had a player just stop playing - once it was Chris Paul and once it was T-Mac so we were stuck with a "dead man". When it's the PG and your C is a cpu player it's 8 secs after 8 secs in the backcourt.

*While I like the teamwork grade concept, ranked 5 on 5 ers should have some kind of option of grading their teamates factored in as well.

*shooting percentages are a bit on the high side, but I guess that's a tradeoff for game length.

*some sort of pregame or lobby chat would be nice for teams before the game.

Overall, it is a pretty fun mode to play with a lot of potential if the lag/problems get ironed out reasonably quickly.

# 27 rockchisler @ 10/11/08 12:25 AM
You know whats funny people saying that 2k stole dna from live or live stole dna from 2k, but looks like both stole from each other on online launch unplayabilities..hahaha

# 28 Jimbo68 @ 10/11/08 01:50 PM
WHERE THE @#$%&*! IS THE NBA 2K9 REVIEW???

# 29 Pappy Knuckles @ 10/11/08 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Big shock on that article. Pasta is an EA shill. Talk about homers.

yup.

I've been able to play a few 5 on 5 games (when the server is actually up) and it's a ton of fun. If they can get things working - supposedly by the "end of the week" (whatever that means) it should be a feature I'll use long term.

yup.

My gripes w/ online so far for 5 on 5:

*Static team matchups are going to suck pretty soon. They should either completely randomize the matchups or add in a ton of more even matchups w/ multiple options.

yup. you can create your own matchups in the custom lobby though so at least we do have that option.

*lag is there for me about every 3rd game and I've played about 10-12 games online so far. Even played about half 5v5 or 4v4 w/ minimal lag - maybe just dumb luck or being PST? Servers down a bit too much for my taste though.

*there needs to be a quicker kick mechanism for laggers. This 30 sec stuff is one of the problems probably.

yup.

*there needs to be a kick for idling players or auto control option for someone who needs to "pause" for 2-3 mins. Twice I've had a player just stop playing - once it was Chris Paul and once it was T-Mac so we were stuck with a "dead man". When it's the PG and your C is a cpu player it's 8 secs after 8 secs in the backcourt.

yup.

*While I like the teamwork grade concept, ranked 5 on 5 ers should have some kind of option of grading their teamates factored in as well.

yup. although I dig the grading system as it is now.

*shooting percentages are a bit on the high side, but I guess that's a tradeoff for game length.

They should really make all ranked games superstar or HOF by default.

*some sort of pregame or lobby chat would be nice for teams before the game.

they give us about 1:30 before the game to talk.

Overall, it is a pretty fun mode to play with a lot of potential if the lag/problems get ironed out reasonably quickly.

yup.
yup.

# 30 superkevx @ 10/11/08 08:10 PM
i still cant get a game started with my friend over live, it always says match not available anymore or something. tried for at least 1-2 hours

# 31 no504 @ 10/12/08 02:03 AM
All this crying Wow

# 32 rockchisler @ 10/12/08 02:58 AM
Its working better now, just played my first league game this morning and I challenged a friend earlier.

# 33 LETS BALL @ 10/12/08 07:54 PM
they got the slam dunk contest on point no lag at all..and also street ball has no lag*****

# 34 bob99digi @ 10/14/08 12:26 PM
i still have trouble connecting to 2k networks. I also get "can't verify or retrieve user list" and "cant' verify online roster" error messages a lot. Then when i finally connect to 2k servers and get invited by a friend to a game, it disconnects everytime right before the tip.

Anyone not having this much trouble? I just want to play a game online with people on my friends list.

# 35 bears5122 @ 10/14/08 05:25 PM
5 on 5 is still unplayable

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.