Home
Madden 09 News Post

Our own Steven Bartlett is going to be playing in some Madden tournaments across the South Florida area and is documenting his preparation and experiences in his own Madden Baller Diaries. Check out his first entry, as frustration sets in.

Quote:
"The Madden Challenge is kicking off this month and so are other local tournaments here in South Florida. Here at the University of Miami, I’ve been practicing to prepare for any tournaments that I may come across, so I recently hopped on Xbox Live and tested my game online. I’m entering a local tournament up in Fort Lauderdale, hosted by the South Florida Madden Ballers on Oct. 18. The winner takes home $500."

Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 PaulZweber @ 10/16/08 05:35 PM
Anyone know of any tourneys in the NW? Anything in Seattle?

# 2 SBartlett @ 10/16/08 06:13 PM
check maddenchallenge.com

# 3 BlackRome @ 10/16/08 06:14 PM
"Taking a five-wide receiver shotgun approach, he still had the ability to audible into a solid run formation. Plus, he abused me on a unique shotgun sweep run where a guard actually pulled to the outside to lead block for him –- great play for no-holds barred competition. Another play out of this formation was a screen to the opposite side of the field that was setup faster than most screens; it was hard to react to.

This is why I stopped playing. They took the chess match out of the game.

# 4 asu666 @ 10/16/08 07:02 PM
I'm sticking to Franchise mode. I meet enough clowns during the course of the day that there is no reason for me to be seeking them out online when I'm at home. I have my wife and my games. Paradise

# 5 Tycobbler @ 10/17/08 08:12 AM
Madden blows, why waste your time.

# 6 muggins @ 10/17/08 08:37 AM
Very brave dude here. I wouldn't want to go to Madden tourneys in south Florida. Too many madden ghetto gangsters that get all up in your face about a damn video game =/

# 7 Boza SFMB @ 10/17/08 10:20 PM
We look forward to having Steven at our tournament and proving these misconceptions some of you have about offline tournaments.

And to Muggins, from your profile, you don't live down in South Florida. How can you stereotype South Florida as ghetto gangsters? I am proud to be host of South Florida Madden Ballers and I have a 9 - 5 job, wife, etc. That's the case of my other guys. We get together once a month to play the game we love.

We actually have rules and that includes not disrespecting your opponent. Yes, we have fun, scream when we win or lose, but at no time is getting up on your opponent's face allowed.

Again, we look forward to having Steven at our tourney.

Boza - South Florida Madden Ballers

# 8 Boza SFMB @ 10/17/08 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish
When you attend the Madden Challenge please ask them why there is no place for the Commish Frank C. I was with the Madden Challenge for the first two years, wrote the rules, worked hard to connect with the community and get their voice heard.

Now for the last three years I've tried to get onto the tour, but no luck.
To Fjccommish:

I think you are confusing our tournament with the Madden Challenge. We have nothing to do with the Madden Challenge. Madden Challenge tour ended last week at Orlando.

Our organization is South Florida Madden Ballers (www.southfloridamadden.com)

I am also a EA Community Leader.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.