Home
Madden 09 News Post

Madden Planet has the scoop.

Quote:
"Update #3? At this point, we are not planning to release another update. We will continue to listen to our fans and if any other widespread issues come up we may change this plan but the fixes made in update #2 solved all of the major problems people were experiencing with the game. Those that continued to have problems had success after completely wiping their old Madden data from their hard drive.

DLC? Shortly before the release of Madden NFL 09, we had mentioned that we were looking into the possibility of releasing some post-launch DLC. At this point, DLC isn’t in the cards. Providing DLC is something that will stay on our radar down the road and is certainly something we’d love to provide to our most passionate fans, however at this stage we are no longer actively looking into this for 09."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Kramer5150 @ 10/19/08 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK330
Not surprising at all. I sold madden a month ago. Its sad really. The whole thing is sad. Honestly guys I don't think we will get the game we want, and deserve, until EA decides to can Tiburon and go with a new developer.
I agree with this as well.
Only 2 months after it's release,and it's already on the shelf...

Like I've said before......EA/Tiburon just doesn't get it.
Having Phil and Ian here is ok for some I guess....but after I was lied to, (by Ian) I have no faith or belief in anything they say anymore.

If what I said gets me trouble or an infraction...then so be it,I'm just letting out the frustration thats been built up from my favorite video game sports genre being killed.

# 82 kehlis @ 10/19/08 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Anyone notice that Tom Hammond doesn't even pronounce the company name correctly?

He says "This game has been brought to you by EA Sport"
I believe for the last 20 years or so, its been EA Sports if i remember correctly.

I mean , come on.. how does someone not fix this before it gets put into the game?
i am really embarrassed for the entire dev team for some of the unnecessary problems in this game.
yea, he also pronounces a few names wrong here and there...

cmon...of all the things to worry about, is this really one of them??? its time to stop nitpicking...

# 83 Ram209 @ 10/19/08 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Yes, and they will put the CPU sliders back in.

However, they will also take out the AFC West, not realizing that, like CPU sliders, some of us feel that having all the teams in the game is somewhat important.

But fear not, perhaps a patch or DLC will put the AFC West back into the game.
For some reason I could not stop laughing after reading this!

# 84 servo75 @ 10/19/08 05:56 AM
E.A. Sports. If it's in the game, it's in.... well we might put it in next year, then take it out again, then announce it's going to come back in with a patch, then break that promise, then take your $60 while everyone talks about next year like this year's fine and dandy, and... oh yeah... It's In the Game... Next Year"

# 85 countryboy @ 10/19/08 08:14 AM
this thread is entertaining as hell to read.

# 86 servo75 @ 10/19/08 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
this thread is entertaining as hell to read.
Hmm... it WOULD be funny if it weren't so sad.

# 87 countryboy @ 10/19/08 09:30 AM
Quote:
I can't help but wonder if people are making the DLC a bigger problem fixer than it really would've been. Yes, I know that Cpu sliders were highly touted and should've never been removed in the first place, but there are far more issues that the game has that DLC wouldn't have fixed.

*cpu playcalling
*boring atmosphere
*cpu punting in odd situations
*bare bones franchise mode
*odd progression/regression

As for cpu sliders, you can get them via the dummy profile system thats been talked about in the sliders forum extensively. Yes, you have to have a second controller, but is that really a bad thing if you don't have one already? I know someone is going to say, that they are then being forced to spend an extra x amount of dollars to make the game enjoyable, but what are the chances that the controller you have now was going to last forever anyways?

Just food for thought.
thought that it bears repeating.

# 88 Vince @ 10/19/08 09:35 AM
Lol, I ain't buying a 2nd controller to improve madden. some people feel that's okay, i don't.

the game isn't bad by any means, but i sold it cause of boredom. they really need to up the atmosphere here. in the meantime i'm back to playing the 4 year old game.

# 89 servo75 @ 10/19/08 09:38 AM
Would I pay for DLC? If it's a nominal price and it actually fixed what it said it would. But I'm not sure I trust EA $ports anymore.

# 90 boooey @ 10/19/08 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
yea, he also pronounces a few names wrong here and there...

cmon...of all the things to worry about, is this really one of them??? its time to stop nitpicking...
obviously there are bigger issues than Tom Hammond mispronouncing "EA Sport".. that wasn't my point.

The point is that there is no (or very little) attention to detail or quality control with this product.

Having the announcer mispronounce the name of your own company in the game (and several times per game) is just a total joke.

To you it may be nitpicking.. Some people just have higher standards when it comes to quality.

# 91 umd @ 10/19/08 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Lol, I ain't buying a 2nd controller to improve madden. some people feel that's okay, i don't.

the game isn't bad by any means, but i sold it cause of boredom. they really need to up the atmosphere here. in the meantime i'm back to playing the 4 year old game.
Or you can shell out another 40 for every generation of Madden like CB and hope that one plays well.

# 92 BroMontana82 @ 10/19/08 01:08 PM
well as long as the full sliders, a CPU running game, and no robo QB are in next years...

# 93 countryboy @ 10/19/08 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Or you can shell out another 40 for every generation of Madden like CB and hope that one plays well.
I have no regrets with what I do with my money. And hey, I'm happy and have a current game of football to play. Maybe I should feel guilty because of that?

And to make something clear to people, I wasn't making the reference about the 2nd controller or the dummy profile system as an excuse for EA not releasing the DLC or for not having cpu sliders in the game to begin with. Just trying to help people out, thats all. I guess trying to offer solutions to people is forbidden when we are supposed to slamming EA? I'll remember that for now on.

Oh, almost forgot...

_____ you EA!

There, I contributed.

# 94 djordan @ 10/19/08 01:28 PM
You guys are funny.............

# 95 umd @ 10/19/08 01:30 PM
Do whatever you want with your money. EA loves you for it. You may not even have to pay next year. Phil and Ian will mail you a freebie for your unwavering love.

But be careful it might only have the Play Now mode. You'll have to pay to download all the other features with their new "DLC Feature" or enter a different code to use each team.

# 96 KingV2k3 @ 10/19/08 01:35 PM
Well, this is why I haven't even purchased a PS3 yet...

Every year it takes somewhat longer for the disatisfaction on this forum hit it's nexus point, but the fact remains...

The last gen titles are still (sadly) superior products...

Why?

Because they pretty much leave 'em alone...

I play about 30 franchise / association / dynasty mode games per year in Madden, The Show, NBA2k or CHoops, (some NCAA) and other than some graphic upgrades, I've yet to read anything definitive that has made me want to make that console 'upgrade'...

Not even HC, which admittedly is tempting...

But Madden Franchise has, and probably always will be, my 'main game' and this glitch / patch / DLC juke / 2 Controller fest has turned me waaaaay off AGAIN this year...

# 97 countryboy @ 10/19/08 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Do whatever you want with your money. EA loves you for it. You may not even have to pay next year. Phil and Ian will mail you a freebie for your unwavering love.

But be careful it might only have the Play Now mode. You'll have to pay to download all the other features with their new "DLC Feature" or enter a different code to use each team.
I'm glad I have your blessing. You know, when I was standing at the cash register buying the PS2 version I thought, "I wonder if this will be ok with umd. I mean, maybe I should get his approval first before I buy this."

Oh, and the game has a franchise mode and all the goodies.

And I do hope that they mail me a freebie. That would make me happy. In fact I would probably go But then I would be a little scared, because I would be thinking how they got my address.

# 98 umd @ 10/19/08 01:39 PM
Quote:
I'm glad I have your blessing. You know, when I was standing at the cash register buying the PS2 version I thought, "I wonder if this will be ok with umd. I mean, maybe I should get his approval first before I buy this."
Good. That's the way it should be.

# 99 countryboy @ 10/19/08 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Good. That's the way it should be.
I'll be sure to run future investments by you first.

BTW: How good are you in reading the stock market? I am looking to do a little shuffling of my portfolio.

# 100 rckabillyRaider @ 10/19/08 01:44 PM
Madden is just boring as heck. Plain and simple. I haven't played since about the first week of release and just did a little testing when patch 2 came out. Still has way too many gameplay issues and nothing will cure the game's boredom factor. NFL is my favorite sport, but I'm stuck on NBA 2k9 for now. That game pulls you into it with the amazing atmosphere it has. Madden might as well be made under the EA sports BIG label because its basically a non realistic arcade game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.