Home
Madden 09 News Post

Madden Planet has the scoop.

Quote:
"Update #3? At this point, we are not planning to release another update. We will continue to listen to our fans and if any other widespread issues come up we may change this plan but the fixes made in update #2 solved all of the major problems people were experiencing with the game. Those that continued to have problems had success after completely wiping their old Madden data from their hard drive.

DLC? Shortly before the release of Madden NFL 09, we had mentioned that we were looking into the possibility of releasing some post-launch DLC. At this point, DLC isn’t in the cards. Providing DLC is something that will stay on our radar down the road and is certainly something we’d love to provide to our most passionate fans, however at this stage we are no longer actively looking into this for 09."

Game: Madden NFL 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 88 - View All
Madden NFL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 SoxFan01605 @ 10/20/08 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D16NJD16
There shouldnt be a need for DLC in the first place.
lol...I can agree with that also. In a perfect scenario, there shouldn't be a need for patches either, but that's all an entirely different discussion.

# 122 BigTigLSU @ 10/20/08 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ityaboy56
Yo, I was in the middle of playing NBA 2K9, which btw is OFF THE CHAIN, and heard that there will be no DLC. (wait a minute while I stop laughing)......................................... .......................... Ok, I'm cool now. Yo, when r yall gonna realize that EA DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE CONSUMER!!!!!!! They got their money. They r gonna keep putting out garbage until another company (ahem) 2K, Midway, Bandai somebody else finally gets a chance to do right by the great sport of football. All EA hears is CHA-CHING. Thats what it is about. They know they will have hundreds of thousands of people standing in line each and every year,(except me) as long as they can disgrace the name of John Madden and football. (oh btw I sold mine to a friend of a friend for $50 and he is mad as hell). I know a guy who manages a Gamestop, and he said he has never seen this many maddens traded in so soon after its release. Oh, well, I just wanted to take time to say that. Enjoy your game, if u can. And I know the EA lovers will do just that. Now back to playing a REAL GAME. NBA 2K9. YESSIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR!!!!!

All Game Companies are more concerned with money over everything else... Because as long as they have a base of consumers who feel the game is adequate that means they have a person who will go out and buy it next year with the hopes that what they felt lacked the previous year is fixed... just look at the 2k Basketball forum and see how many people are dissapointed in this years effort and while this apart of wearing the crown (by default in Madden's case or by performance in 2ks Bball's case)
people will always expect more then what is delivered.

# 123 BigBlue @ 10/20/08 08:20 AM
There's a funny MAC commercial on TV that shows the guy representing a PC with piles of money. He separates the piles of money (almost 95% of it on advertising and 5% to fixing VISTA issues). Then finally he just moves all of the money to advertising.

This is what EA is doing with Madden! Instead of fixing the games issues, they're marketing the heck out of the game and selling a broken product! I'm officially done with EA.

BigBlue

# 124 rudyjuly2 @ 10/20/08 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This would be an excellent analogy if we were actually promised the DLC. We weren't. All the anger over this is based on people getting their hopes up for no valid reason. EA has a history of not coming through with certain things, particularly in regards to Madden. Why so many people got their hopes up over an EA "hopefully" scenerio is beyond me. While I believe Ian and Phill had good intentions with their sharing of a DLC proposition, I think it was a poor idea given the nature of this community. They were in a lose-lose in this situation unless the DLC is released (and they could have actually still lost with many even if that happened...just look through the forum). They don't share info, they get slammed. They share info and we don't like it...they get slammed. My opinion on the actual value of the DLC to gameplay withstanding, the shock and anger this news has generated-given the history of Madden on next gen- is laughable to me.
It was a good idea and you hit the nail on the head with the nature of this community. You simply can't promise things or even strongly suggest things when you can't deliver. It makes it ugly.

There is little doubt in my mind that the free DLC was blocked by Sony and MS as they viewed it as what it was - a free third patch. EA was able to develop the DLC and I'm sure they had it ready to be implemented which is why I'm sure Ian and Phil are pissed they couldn't deliver it. But they should have gotten approval for this before it was even mentioned. Even us grown ups have little kid tendencies whose hopes were unnecessarily raised and then wrecked. It would be nice to get some further explanation though.

# 125 bcruise @ 10/20/08 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It was a good idea and you hit the nail on the head with the nature of this community. You simply can't promise things or even strongly suggest things when you can't deliver. It makes it ugly.

There is little doubt in my mind that the free DLC was blocked by Sony and MS as they viewed it as what it was - a free third patch. EA was able to develop the DLC and I'm sure they had it ready to be implemented which is why I'm sure Ian and Phil are pissed they couldn't deliver it. But they should have gotten approval for this before it was even mentioned. Even us grown ups have little kid tendencies whose hopes were unnecessarily raised and then wrecked. It would be nice to get some further explanation though.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I feel the exact same way regarding the reason for nixing the DLC. And with pretty much everything else in that post, as well.

# 126 HealyMonster @ 10/20/08 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillycheze

As mentioned before, the feedback on 09 has been great- so thanks and keep it coming! We are VERY aware of the desires of the community, and we keep a running list of ‘demands’ that we continuously evaluate. Many of these WILL be added to the next iteration of the game. We’re looking to provide information on the next version of the game earlier than ever so look forward to the end of the NFL season. We’re hoping to start some more detailed conversations and early looks at the game around the Super Bowl. Until then, keep giving us your feedback so we can fold it into our plan for next year.

Phil

whats the point? seriously, i feel like this guys "feedback system" is just a way to keep selling games.

wow, they have an awsome new feature- an mass online tournament. what a joke, let me go practice against an 11 man defense all in zone so i have a shot at winning a game. im not confident that this guy even has a direction for the game, its like just do something to sell games. and make the community overlook the fact that the game is nearly unplayable by acting like they have an opinion and by making promises that wont be firgured out arent true till after they but the game.

just as people "knew" the DLC would never surface, people "know" next year wont be any different but we all still file on the bus on release day. I feel stupid.

# 127 muggins @ 10/20/08 09:50 AM
What a joke.

# 128 Likwidkewl @ 10/20/08 10:25 AM

# 129 countryboy @ 10/20/08 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwidkewl

LMFAO

# 130 Furq @ 10/20/08 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I feel the exact same way regarding the reason for nixing the DLC. And with pretty much everything else in that post, as well.
Maybe that's the reason maybe not. I somewhat find it hard to believe that it is the reason because we aren't talking about a small company here, Microsoft and EA are especially closely tied so for a huge thing like Madden I would think Microsoft would let it slide.

I don't even know if Sony has a limit on patches

# 131 Pared @ 10/20/08 11:15 AM
I can't say I'm surprised about this.

I still can't believe individuals who have no interest in purchasing this game continue to find time to post in this forum and "pile-on" to the negatives surrounding this series.

While this is disappointing for some... why would you go out and buy the game early on "blind faith" that this stuff would get released?

I check in on this forum from time to time and it truly is sad to see this game severely disappoint its fanbase. I was really hoping at least these things would be released but history told me "buyer beware."

With that said, the game doesn't need to be completely scrapped. It just needs the proper care and direction that you see from individuals who care about this sport, not about this game.

# 132 Tomba @ 10/20/08 11:20 AM
madden 09 was just OK this year nothing THAT special. NBA Live Nascar and both NCAA 09's are though

# 133 mwjr @ 10/20/08 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Let me ask you something. Why does it bother you so much that I enjoy Madden gameplay or that I went out and bought the PS2?
So did you buy the PS2 system and the game, or did you mean that you just bought the PS2 version?

# 134 mwjr @ 10/20/08 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likwidkewl
ROTFLMAO!! You, sir, are a posting god!

# 135 mwjr @ 10/20/08 11:39 AM
Anyone remember the last generation, when Madden made its appearance on the PS2? It really wasn't until 2004 that we got a true revolution to the game, IMO.

So far, we're following a similar cycle with the next gen games. Madden 2006, like its previous generation predecessor, was severely lacking. We're now in the 4th iteration of the Next Gen Madden, and improvements are showing. I'm hoping that the 5th time around's the charm.

I'm hoping, but I ain't holding my breath. After all, the variable that caused that improvement back on the previous generation, competation from 2K/VC, is no longer existent.

# 136 FlyingFinn @ 10/20/08 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
While I believe Ian and Phill had good intentions with their sharing of a DLC proposition
I don't know if I agree with this statement. I believe it was put out there to get people on the fence to buy the game. Same reason it was never mentioned by the Devs that CPU sliders were removed...

# 137 countryboy @ 10/20/08 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
So did you buy the PS2 system and the game, or did you mean that you just bought the PS2 version?
I bought the PS2 version. I already have a PS2.

# 138 TJdaSportsGuy @ 10/20/08 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
And remember...MS's limit is 2 FREE patches. Anything over that, EA would have to pay for. Which, as we now know, just ain't happening.
Seriously, lol. I've asked like 3 times now. WHERE are you guys getting this 2-free patches thing? Someone show me a damn link, please!

# 139 Danimal @ 10/20/08 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

I wasn't going to post again in this thread but this post deserves comment.

First some of us are not mad about the lack of DLC, but the simple fact this was strung along as long as it was. If you believe last week was when the call was made then that is your choice, I'll based my feelings on past history. They knew about the lack of CPU sliders for weeks and would of let if go until after launch if someone hadn't gotten a press copy and let it out, I heard that same someone got blacklisted by EA btw.

Also what proof do you have the Sony or MS blocked this? What makes you think they Ian and Phil pissed off? I see nothing in Phil's message to indicated that, in fact his answer was terse at best.

Drop the news, don't give any indication as to why and disappear, sooner or later most people won't even remember it. This whole thing was handle in a poor manner and they haven't done anything to prove to me they are honest guys and that is why some of us are annoyed.

# 140 Pared @ 10/20/08 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Seriously, lol. I've asked like 3 times now. WHERE are you guys getting this 2-free patches thing? Someone show me a damn link, please!
This was mentioned by a developer on here.

I believe it was one of the NCAA developers.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.