Home
News Post

Gamespot has the scoop. This news kinda sucks, I actually enjoyed the series.

Quote:
"Speaking to ESPN, EA Sports president Peter Moore confirmed that NBA Street has been placed on indefinite hiatus. Elaborating on EA Sports' decision to bench the franchise, Moore told ESPN that the move reflected the company's push toward creating its own intellectual properties within its Freestyle brand."

NBA Street Homecourt screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Street Homecourt screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Street HomecourtReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 4 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 crowdcontrol1 @ 10/24/08 11:53 AM
I'm not totally buying this explanation. I think that the lack of success of Facebreaker has something to do with this. Also, I think from an overall EA Sports branding perspective, coming out with Street right now dilutes all of NBA Live's new respectability.

# 2 yamabushi @ 10/24/08 12:07 PM
Moores deperate search for the Wii casual $$$ continues unabated:

"If Wii Sports has taught us anything, it's that people will sit there and play big head tennis all day long. We need to be able to tap into that audience."

# 3 rawdog805 @ 11/03/08 02:29 AM
I totally agree with this decision.. This game was just getting way to over the top with the double and triple dunks and what not.. should have just been basic streetball with all the trick moves..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.