Home
News Post

EA ‘S TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 09 PROVIDES
DEFINITIVE ONLINE EXPERIENCE, WITH OVER HALF A MILLION EA SPORTS GAMERNET CLIPS POSTED

PLAYSTATION 3 Nearly Triples and Xbox 360 Nearly Doubles Online Usage

October 24, 2008 – Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09, the franchise that brought gamers the critically acclaimed EA SPORTS GamerNet and Photo Game Face technology, is having a banner year with over half a million EA SPORTS GamerNet clips posted online since launch of the game in late August. In addition, since Photo Game Face was introduced, over 1.1 million pictures have been uploaded and two new courses, Firestone Country Club and Spy Glass Hill are now available for purchase as downloadable courses on the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3.

In comparison to last year, both the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 are experiencing nearly two and three fold increases of online usage, respectively and over a million EA SPORTS GamerNet clips have been played between the two consoles since launch.

In addition to Spy Glass Hill and Firestone Country Club, Xbox 360 gamers now have the opportunity to purchase downloadable content from a menu of over 65 items, including increases in equipment, maximum stat costumes and increased skill apparel.

The critically acclaimed Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise, which appeals to experienced and novice gamers alike, features dynamic, personalized gameplay via Tiger Woods’ personal coach, Hank Haney. The game also includes a more intuitive and customized EA SPORTS GamerNet experience as well as an all-new game engine powering online play.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR is available on the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation®2 and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment systems, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and Wii™.

For more information, please visit www.easports.com/tigerwoods09.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ferriscj24 @ 10/24/08 10:11 PM
Since, neither of my other posts were replied to, I'll try here..again. Are sponsorships included in Tiger Woods 09, or did they take it out of the series? I haven't lost a tournament, but no offers...finished She Sheng -44. I cant get a sponsor for that?

# 2 DivotMaker @ 10/25/08 07:53 AM
I have not seen any sponsorship offers in TW09....

# 3 RaychelSnr @ 10/28/08 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave374
600 points for each course. I don't think so.
Especially if they're not integrated into pro career mode.
I agree, that's a bit pricey for my tastes....

# 4 lnin0 @ 12/02/08 07:30 PM
If there game were better I wouldn't mind paying. It takes a lot of work to put together these courses. I would also be afraid that even after buying the course I would have to jump through some hoops in the game to unlock it. That or pay another 200pts to play it immediately.

# 5 DivotMaker @ 12/03/08 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
1. If there game were better I wouldn't mind paying.

2. It takes a lot of work to put together these courses.

3. I would also be afraid that even after buying the course I would have to jump through some hoops in the game to unlock it. That or pay another 200pts to play it immediately.
1. Fair enough.

2. You have no idea how much time and effort it takes to create these courses with the detail targets that EA has set for these courses. You are correct.

3. Nope. The courses are ready to play in any mode other than offline season mode.

# 6 ExtremeGamer @ 12/03/08 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
1. Fair enough.

2. You have no idea how much time and effort it takes to create these courses with the detail targets that EA has set for these courses. You are correct.

3. Nope. The courses are ready to play in any mode other than offline season mode.
Wasn't Firestone DLC for Tiger 08? So they release it again as DLC for 09 for 600 points?

Please.

I know it takes work and the courses are nice, but they are pretty much useless since they can't be used in the offline season mode.

# 7 DivotMaker @ 12/03/08 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Wasn't Firestone DLC for Tiger 08? So they release it again as DLC for 09 for 600 points?
No, it was not. The course was in 08 on the DVD, but for 09 it was rebuilt from the ground up using the new graphics engine. I do agree that 600 MS points is too steep for it though, especially for a course that was in TW08.....

# 8 JRod @ 12/03/08 01:47 PM
They should do it like the old days of the PC game, 5 courses 20 bucks.

Right now they are charging 7.50 for one course. Yowzaa.

# 9 K_GUN @ 12/03/08 03:52 PM
anybody think we'll ever see Augusta National released?

i sure miss JN5

# 10 DivotMaker @ 12/03/08 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
They should do it like the old days of the PC game, 5 courses 20 bucks.

Right now they are charging 7.50 for one course. Yowzaa.
Comparing the amount of time and resources that the 360/PS3 courses take to create versus TW99/2000 courses that had 1/100th the detail and no 3D objects or dynamic environments is really an apples to oranges comparison. I do agree that $7.50 is a bit steep, but $5.00 would be a bargain.

# 11 Pappy Knuckles @ 12/05/08 12:51 PM
anyone actually buy it?

# 12 ocat @ 12/07/08 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
anybody think we'll ever see Augusta National released?

i sure miss JN5
I wish people would stop asking this, it will NEVER EVER happen......ever!

BTW i think there are many courses far better than the now heavily modified "Tiger Proofed" (destroyed) Augusta National. Cypress Point, Pine Valley, Royal Melbourne just to name a few would be a great addition to the TW franchise (if they get the gameplay up to scratch first!)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.