Home
News Post

Hello Everyone,

In our communication to all of you before the launch of NBA LIVE 09, we said that NBA LIVE 365 would be “Made Fresh Daily.” This will certainly be the case, but I wanted to update everyone on our current status, because there are lots of questions being asked around the community concerning NBA LIVE 365 and when it will officially “turn on.” Last night the NBA season officially kicked off. Six teams played, and the NBA LIVE 365 information was received and is ready to be pushed in-game for all of you to enjoy, but in order to accurately reflect what’s happening in the real NBA in NBA LIVE 09, we need the data from EVERY NBA team once they finish their first game.

The last NBA teams will play their first game on Thursday (10/30). To accurately reflect what happened for every team’s first game in NBA LIVE 09, we’re going to turn on NBA LIVE 365 on Friday morning (10/31) for everyone that input a code on the insert inside the NBA LIVE 09 packaging. Once every team plays their first game, you will see your daily changes as promised.

We’re terribly sorry for the inconvenience, but we really wanted to update the community on what our current status is. We thank you for your overwhelming excitement and continued interest for this feature, and we promise that you’ll be pleased with what’s reflected in-game based on the real NBA season. It’ll be a long, enjoyable journey for all of us to enjoy!

Thanks,

The NBA LIVE 09 Team

Game: NBA Live 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
NBA Live 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 andybaseball2005 @ 11/01/08 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Hey guys, we're still here at the office. I'll keep updating you.
Wow thats some dedication especially considering it's a holliday. Great work EA and stephensonmc. This goes to show you that EA does care.

# 42 stephensonmc @ 11/01/08 12:47 AM
Hello Everyone,

Like we told you guys yesterday, NBA LIVE 365 would go live today. Well, I’m officially letting all of you know that NBA LIVE 365 has now been turned on, and is scheduled to go live between really late Friday, and early Saturday morning. You should see all roster lineups accurately reflected in-game based on what’s currently happening in the real NBA season. You’re probably wondering about DNA and Tendencies right? Well, those will be ready for you to download soon, but we’re waiting for teams to play a few games so that you see some differences in their DNA and tendencies.

This is an exciting and brand new feature for not only us, but sports games period so there’s bound to be some kinks that need to be worked out. I wanted to thank you on behalf of the entire NBA LIVE 09 development team for being so excited, eager and patient about the implementation of this feature. Because this is happening as the season goes along, it’s something that we wanted worked out and fully tested before we turned on the switch to you guys. Two things to note; there are some inconsistencies in the lineups that you may see, but they will be addressed as we move forward. Also, in order to keep the daily updates going, if there is a player at any point in time during the season that is not in our game but has played a game in the real NBA, you’ll see him reflected in-game as a generic player. Don’t worry, he’ll be implemented in-game accurately that same week, and the generic player will be out of your game.

Thanks again for the patience everyone! These are truly exciting times for all of us as the future of basketball is now!

Thanks,
The NBA LIVE 09 Dev Team

# 43 23bluesman @ 11/01/08 01:20 AM
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Like we told you guys yesterday, NBA LIVE 365 would go live today. Well, I’m officially letting all of you know that NBA LIVE 365 has now been turned on, and is scheduled to go live between really late Friday, and early Saturday morning. You should see all roster lineups accurately reflected in-game based on what’s currently happening in the real NBA season. You’re probably wondering about DNA and Tendencies right? Well, those will be ready for you to download soon, but we’re waiting for teams to play a few games so that you see some differences in their DNA and tendencies.

This is an exciting and brand new feature for not only us, but sports games period so there’s bound to be some kinks that need to be worked out. I wanted to thank you on behalf of the entire NBA LIVE 09 development team for being so excited, eager and patient about the implementation of this feature. Because this is happening as the season goes along, it’s something that we wanted worked out and fully tested before we turned on the switch to you guys. Two things to note; there are some inconsistencies in the lineups that you may see, but they will be addressed as we move forward. Also, in order to keep the daily updates going, if there is a player at any point in time during the season that is not in our game but has played a game in the real NBA, you’ll see him reflected in-game as a generic player. Don’t worry, he’ll be implemented in-game accurately that same week, and the generic player will be out of your game.

Thanks again for the patience everyone! These are truly exciting times for all of us as the future of basketball is now!

Thanks,
The NBA LIVE 09 Dev Team
Thanks man!

# 44 23 @ 11/01/08 01:52 AM
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
The NBA LIVE 09 Dev Team

Thank You EA

Keep doing what you're doing

# 45 Flightwhite24 @ 11/01/08 02:19 AM
Even though I am no longer playing this game, I gotta give props to EA & Steph for keeping guys in the loop. May re-purchase the game after seeing how the 365 turns out. Peace!!!!

# 46 MrMaddog @ 11/01/08 07:30 AM
Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
The NBA LIVE 09 Dev Team

You know, as of 6:00 a.m. CST some of the rewind games played like San Antonio vs Portland and Nuggets vs Clippers are not there. For those rewind games that are there from 10/31/08, you only get the final score. There are no box scores, current year team stats, nothing. The DNA of course is screwed up with everything at 14% or 15%.

I'm confused. Did you guys forget to flip another switch or something? At this point, I'm starting to feel like you spent more time on perfecting your TNT commercials than your product. You are not delivering on your promises and have been frustrating the hell out of your customers.

# 47 rawdog805 @ 11/01/08 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaddog
You know, as of 6:00 a.m. CST some of the rewind games played like San Antonio vs Portland and Nuggets vs Clippers are not there. For those rewind games that are there from 10/31/08, you only get the final score. There are no box scores, current year team stats, nothing. The DNA of course is screwed up with everything at 14% or 15%.

I'm confused. Did you guys forget to flip another switch or something? At this point, I'm starting to feel like you spent more time on perfecting your TNT commercials than your product. You are not delivering on your promises and have been frustrating the hell out of your customers.
WOW!!! Give them a chance to get the kinks out, the season just started man... At least give them until next weekend to get this up and running correctly...

I for one am not frustrated, I am still enjoying the game.. So I think you only speak for a few people when saying they are frustrating the consumers..

# 48 MrMaddog @ 11/01/08 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
WOW!!! Give them a chance to get the kinks out, the season just started man... At least give them until next weekend to get this up and running correctly...

I for one am not frustrated, I am still enjoying the game.. So I think you only speak for a few people when saying they are frustrating the consumers..
Uh, I wasn't speaking in regards to this issue alone. There are many other problems with the game in which consumers have voiced their concerns for weeks.

I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the game either. We've all played games in which we're trying to say beat a level, but it takes forever to do so. It's frustrating as heck, but it's still fun during the process.

# 49 talbain @ 11/01/08 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805

i'm all for this, but why do i get the feeling that we're all taking part in one big beta test with this 365 thing? i understand its new, i understand its revolutionary, but shouldn't they have "worked out the kinks" when the game was in development? there were nba games being played in june...

# 50 GHUGHES @ 11/01/08 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
i'm all for this, but why do i get the feeling that we're all taking part in one big beta test with this 365 thing? i understand its new, i understand its revolutionary, but shouldn't they have "worked out the kinks" when the game was in development? there were nba games being played in june...
Come fellas did you really expect anything else from EA? I'm fully prepared to start buying EA releases 3 months from release date just so all the NEW features work properly.

# 51 RoyalBoyle78 @ 11/01/08 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
Come fellas did you really expect anything else from EA? I'm fully prepared to start buying EA releases 3 months from release date just so all the NEW features work properly.
you don't even know what goes into the process, I'm sure it's hard work so give them a chance and relax.

# 52 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/01/08 09:52 AM
Okay, I'm officially confused.

Supposedly, these dynamic updates went live last night. Okay, great. So just to make SURE I was getting the most up to date roster file, I deleted the one I previously had on my hard drive.

So I turn the game on this morning, download the update, and from what I can tell, it's the same roster that I had a week ago. Linton Johnson, who played for the Bobcats Thursday night, is nowhere to be found on my roster but Jarmareo Davidson, who they cut prior to the start of the season, is still there.

HOWEVA...(in my best Stephen A. voice)...if I go to NBA Live Rewind, I see that the Bobcats' opener to the Cavs is there, and when I start that game up, the roster is correct.

Steph...what EXACTLY was pushed through in the update last night?

# 53 Vince @ 11/01/08 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Raps still blow, I will not listen to such nonsense.
Sixers looked out of synch themselves.

just saying.

# 54 stephensonmc @ 11/01/08 10:22 AM
Alright guys,

So the PS3 update is working correctly with lineup changes! Unfortunately, the 360 update isn't working correctly so we're working on that right now. I'll give you updates as things move along.

I know by now saying sorry is not good enough, but very sorry for this inconvenience.

# 55 baseball88 @ 11/01/08 10:45 AM
Steph

When I put the roster into edit player and I go to one of the new players, it gives you some heads for appearance and I change to close to what the player really looks like, it does not keep that appearance for some reason.

What's up with that?

Thanks

# 56 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/01/08 12:18 PM
Quote:
Alright guys,

So the PS3 update is working correctly with lineup changes! Unfortunately, the 360 update isn't working correctly so we're working on that right now. I'll give you updates as things move along.

I know by now saying sorry is not good enough, but very sorry for this inconvenience.
It's good enough, lol. Technical problems happen, no biggie. It's just a video game. I'm just glad to know it's not a problem with me specifically.

# 57 GHUGHES @ 11/01/08 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
you don't even know what goes into the process, I'm sure it's hard work so give them a chance and relax.
And I really dont care to know.They've had 3 chances already NCAA 09 Madden 09 and LIVE 09 and blew all 3 out the door.

# 58 joel0078 @ 11/01/08 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I don't think many people care to know what the process is. Consumers just want the game to work how its advertised. I'm not saying people should be getting all worked up, cause the season did just start. But on the other hand, these guys are right, Live producers have had months to work the kinks out and people have come to expect this stuff to work from the get go...Like the one guy said, they spent who knows how much time forcing 5 minute long "365" trailers down our throats, over the last several nights on TNT and such. If I had gone out to buy the game based on seeing those commercials, and then got home and it didn't work, I'd be pissed. However, I don't think this problem (kinks) are only EA related though. It should be expected with all products touting a breakthough feature.

Aside from that, as a basketball fan and owner of Live and 2K, while I'm enjoying the gameplay of both games, between Live's 365 not working as advertised (yet) and the fact I can't get a game online (yet) with 2K, I'm pretty disappointed with both games right about now.

# 59 bkrich83 @ 11/01/08 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
And I really dont care to know.They've had 3 chances already NCAA 09 Madden 09 and LIVE 09 and blew all 3 out the door.
Ok, I guess we'll see ya later then.

# 60 bkrich83 @ 11/01/08 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
Testing in a test enivronment and doing it in production will never be the same. There are certain parameters in the production environment you simply can not replicate in testing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.