Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

Just got word that we (EA) have passed our submissions and we are going to have the demo available for both platforms on November 6th.

Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Murph @ 10/30/08 07:59 PM
Nice! Which teams? KU and Memphis?

# 2 Jab_Step @ 10/30/08 08:07 PM
I don't want to ruin the surprise...I will tell you that it is not KU and Memphis

# 3 o0luke0o @ 10/30/08 08:27 PM
if its duke vs unc i will not download it.

# 4 Murph @ 10/30/08 08:32 PM
Given their pre-season #1 ranking, UNC being one of the two teams wouldn't surprise me at all.

# 5 CeltBhoy33 @ 10/30/08 10:16 PM
I am pretty stoked to check this out

# 6 whittleboy615 @ 10/30/08 10:19 PM
Is the demo a final build of the gameplay?

# 7 Ty @ 10/30/08 11:15 PM
Yes! Im ready for this game.

# 8 jsg @ 10/30/08 11:52 PM
its going to be 4 teams. 2 current teams and 2 classic teams

# 9 ehh @ 10/31/08 12:59 AM
It'll probably be UNC/Pitt since Pitt is somehow ranked #2 by Blue Ribbon.

Good call on the classic teams as well, makes sense since Live had the past DNA for two old C's/Lakeshow matchups.

# 10 Ninjoid @ 10/31/08 03:37 AM
I heard on a podcast that one team was Tennessee, can't remember the other..plus 2 classic teams...I could be wrong though and EA could have changed it all since then.

# 11 whittleboy615 @ 10/31/08 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
I heard on a podcast that one team was Tennessee, can't remember the other..plus 2 classic teams...I could be wrong though and EA could have changed it all since then.
Where is the podcast?

# 12 whittleboy615 @ 10/31/08 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Where is the podcast?
Well, I looked it up myself, and the demo will feature final-build gameplay and two current teams and two classic teams.

Current matchup:
Spoiler

Classic matchup:
Spoiler

I used spoiler tags, just in case you would rather be surprised.
I will say that it's a solid selection though. Great choice developers.

GameSpot: NCAA 09 Producers on Today's Podcast, Plus Hints at Fight Night 4

# 13 Ninjoid @ 10/31/08 04:51 AM
Soz Whittleboy, you beat me to the link - glad you found it...looking forward to next Thursday then...will be a late night here in the UK!!

# 14 TJdaSportsGuy @ 10/31/08 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittleboy615
Well, I looked it up myself, and the demo will feature final-build gameplay and two current teams (Kentucky vs. Tennessee) and two classic teams ('79 Michigan State vs. '82 North Carolina).

I typed the team names in white, just in case you would rather be surprised.
I will say that it's a solid selection though. Great choice developers.

GameSpot: NCAA 09 Producers on Today's Podcast, Plus Hints at Fight Night 4
Of course if people have a black background, the white text shows up just fine for them, lol. Next time if you want to do something like that, use the spoiler tag.

# 15 ehh @ 10/31/08 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Of course if people have a black background, the white text shows up just fine for them, lol.
Or if people quote their message so it all shows up in the same text color.

That's a weird match up for the demo but whatever, I'll probably play the classic one the most.

# 16 whittleboy615 @ 10/31/08 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Of course if people have a black background, the white text shows up just fine for them, lol. Next time if you want to do something like that, use the spoiler tag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Or if people quote their message so it all shows up in the same text color.

That's a weird match up for the demo but whatever, I'll probably play the classic one the most.
Booo! :throws popcorn: That's a big SEC rivalry game. It's not weird at all. And yes, it was a rivalry before Tennessee's recent success began a few years ago.

# 17 bases1616 @ 10/31/08 09:52 AM
Magic vs Jordan will be fun matchup. The Kentucky-Tennessee matchup I don't understand. The Wildcats have not been good in years and the Vols were good for awhile last year and then tallied off.

# 18 ehh @ 10/31/08 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
Magic vs Jordan will be fun matchup.
Esp rockin' their Chuck Taylors!

# 19 poster @ 10/31/08 10:51 AM
Jab, will the demo length be extended? Hopefully it is one long half. I remember hearing it would be the best demo ever released or something along those lines. I just can't get into 2 minute quarters.

# 20 whittleboy615 @ 10/31/08 10:57 AM
I bet this was Bruce's doing. He probably sweet talked EA into giving the Vols all this pre-season, pre-release attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
Magic vs Jordan will be fun matchup. The Kentucky-Tennessee matchup I don't understand. The Wildcats have not been good in years and the Vols were good for awhile last year and then tallied off.
Last year, Tennessee won the SEC regular season championship for the first time in 40 years, and then lost to Louisville in the Sweet Sixteen. It was a great season. Not spectacular, but still solid. Kentucky was a streaky team last year. They had their downs (losing to Gardner-Webb), but they also had their ups (beating Tennessee; making the Tournament).

Tennessee also has a high octane offense that EA can use to show off their new Game Tempo Control. Kentucky is a natural choice to play the Vols because they're their biggest rival, and they have a more balanced attack.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.