Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

We have just posted a gameplay video from our beta copy of NCAA Basketball 09, featuring North Carolina @ Duke.

Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AuburnAlumni @ 11/04/08 12:04 AM
Eh.....

I'll be sticking with College Hoops with updated rosters.

I liked the Arena and I did like the spacing...but other than that... ....eh.

The animations are just plain choppy and not very fluid at all. There seemed to be a lot of "funky stuff" going on and the shots just don't look very life like.

EA has a long long way to go in the Basketball department in my opinion but it does show improvement. Maybe next year.

# 22 jsg @ 11/04/08 01:08 AM
i hope i like the demo because i wasnt feeling the video. it looked generic to me.

# 23 thmst30 @ 11/04/08 01:30 AM
The demo will be the deciding factor for me as well. Based off that video I would have never bought the game. The whole thing is so stiff and jerky. Hardly fluid at all, and the rim/ball physics still looked awkward. Solid demo or bust.

# 24 SportGamer24 @ 11/04/08 08:39 AM
Demo doesn't look similar to the live engine. If EA can take the live 09 engine and add in the ball movement typical of ncaa basketball the game could be great.

# 25 ehh @ 11/04/08 08:55 AM
I'm not overly concerned with the choppiness or look of the game to be honest. If the game play and controls are improved I will be the happy.

But I agree with what a lot of people are saying, I don't see much NBA Live 09 stuff in this vid.

# 26 jd@os @ 11/04/08 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I'm still torn to whether or not I want to purchase this game or stick with CH2K8. It seems no one is making an updated roster for PS3 so I may just go with this game. It looks pretty solid, not to mention they have Oregon's jerseys and now Mac Court right so that's a plus in my eyes
Bigdmo,

We worked on the same 2K roster last year--TheAirUpThere's College Hoops unlockables. If THAT roster was updated for the '08-'09 season then I would definitely stick with it and not get EA's game. I know there are some other 2K rosters being updated for this season, but the one we worked on was the best in my opinion.

# 27 ehh @ 11/04/08 11:01 AM
If NCAA09 is a big disappointment and unplayable like MM08 then I will probably return to the 2K8 project.

# 28 ehh @ 11/04/08 11:16 AM
The UNC XX3's in the vid.

# 29 BDKiiing @ 11/04/08 08:57 PM
i cant wait to play with duke against unc!!

# 30 Sean Q @ 11/05/08 04:47 PM
I have not played EA college basketball in years. I am looking forward to the possibility that they will have put together a product that I will enjoy playing. It may not measure up to 2k, but if it comes close, then I will keep playing as they make improvements.

OS are there anymore videos since you have the Beta copy?

# 31 jfsolo @ 11/05/08 10:08 PM
Watching this vid, the weaknesses of the game seem to be what I thought they were going to be. The number and fluidity of the animations, and the A.I. of the C.P.U. I know Carolina wants to play up tempo, but some of the shot attempts by the C.P.U. were ridiculous.

Psycho T getting so few touches, let alone not taking a shot in that many minutes of play, just wouldn't happen, even if he were being quadruple teamed.

Hopefully editing and sliders can fix the erratic C.P.U. decision making.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.