Home
News Post

The San Diego Studios sent us this press release on their first Community Initiative at their Studio. They have launched a Community Leaders Program and have listed their first roster of Community Leaders. Have any questions? Ask them here, Ramone will be around later to answer them.

Quote:
"Hi all! My name is Ramone Russell and I’m the Community Manager for the San Diego Studios. Some of you may remember me as the screen name RUSSELL05 on various forums from the past couple of years. Today we are happy to announce the first Comprehensive Community Imitative at the San Diego Studios for MLB The Show franchise. The main purpose of this program is to improve, overhaul and grow the developer/community relationship. This Initiative was built from scratch. Back in July we started at the ground level and over the past four months we looked at where other Community Initiatives have succeeded and failed. Our goal is to create something new, fresh, and extremely structured in order to make things you have yet to experience possible.

First, we would like to release our developer mission statement to the public so that the purpose of our Community Initiative is clear."

MLB '08: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '08: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '08: The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 97 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 mlblover15 @ 11/19/08 01:42 AM
I feel this thing is going to be a great thing, from what i read and how i understand it, i it may turn out to be the greatest thing since video game baseball itself. we have the chance to really make a huge and i do mean huge impact on things that have to do with this game in many aspects.

i look forward to working as close as possible with my fellow community leaders (maybe we should schedule a chat) in making this game everythnig that wee all know it can be.

so my fellow community leaders... how about we work on a nice weekly chat that we can all be a part of.. just a suggestion...

# 62 Marino @ 11/19/08 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
I feel this thing is going to be a great thing, from what i read and how i understand it, i it may turn out to be the greatest thing since video game baseball itself. we have the chance to really make a huge and i do mean huge impact on things that have to do with this game in many aspects.

i look forward to working as close as possible with my fellow community leaders (maybe we should schedule a chat) in making this game everythnig that wee all know it can be.

so my fellow community leaders... how about we work on a nice weekly chat that we can all be a part of.. just a suggestion...
That sounds like a really good idea Ken.

# 63 mlblover15 @ 11/19/08 04:00 PM
the only problem for ME is that i work a four day on four day off thing for Sony DADC (makes and distributes cds and movies) here in Terre Haute so it wouldnt be the same day every week... but hopefully we can work around it if everyone would like to do this... what we will talk about i have no idea.. im just the idea man.... im not the other part of the thing lol ... but im glad some one things i came up with a good idea... it doesnt happen that often lol

# 64 brunnoce @ 11/26/08 08:48 AM
i was a bit away for awhile..
but i would just like to say im really happy with this "MLB Baseball Community" stuff,
also, imho u guys chose perfectly the leading members for it...
each one of them has specific areas of higher interest..and each one of them has also pretty much cover everybodys individual problems with the game...

im just so happy jim is part of it... im pretty sure my issues(dont need to mention again) with this wonderfull game will be a think of the past now.

this SCEA action is what definatly separete them apart from the other gaming companies... and thats what makes this my fav. game every year.

a huge congratulations from brazil!

PARABENS!

# 65 JibJab 24 @ 11/26/08 10:47 AM
I've only played The Show 08, bought a PS3 for this game only. And it's easily the best baseball game I've ever played and can't wait until 09 gets released. And reading numerous posts here at OS, I've found myself agreeing with all 9 of the Community leaders. I'm excited to see this already great game be taken to a higher level from a program like this. Congrats to those who made the list.

# 66 Trax @ 11/29/08 09:21 AM
Congrats to those that made the list!

SCEA could not have assembled a better group!

Looking forward to getting back to basball gaming soon!

# 67 mlblover15 @ 11/29/08 03:40 PM
by this time in March we will all be well adapted to 09. considering that from recent history it comes out if memory serves sometime in the second week of March. so basically one month after pitchers and catchers report on valentines day (my new favorite day of the year) we will have our game in our greedy drooling, awestruck, baseball starved hands.

if memory serves me correctly two things that have not been mentioned that i know for sure are going to be in the game are real life style box scores, complete with every stat (hopefully they didnt skim on anything on this) that you would see here on line looking at one for your favorite team after a game.

the second thing that was confirmed that will be in 09 is home run derby. again, great to have it back as a option of outside play, but hopefully they put it in to RTTS, Franchise, and season in its proper place during all star weekend. not only that but they programmed it correctly where the top four home run hitters from each league go to it.

now speaking of this... he he... how cool would it be where in your season, rtts (wait for it...) or your franchise where one of the players choosen chose not to participate in it for various reasons, and they chose an alternate. (in francise and season this would be the fifth highest player in home run chase. in RTTS however... it would be YOU that got asked to fill in. no matter whether your on your teams AA, AAA, or major league club...)

i think that would be a great thing.. oooops got on a little bit of a typing and idea frenzy... and in wrong area.. lol.. oh well i just get a bit excited about things once in a while.. .

# 68 Shinyhubcaps @ 11/30/08 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Are you kidding me?
The accuracy of the batting & pitching animations have been one of my main concerns for years now. Chris & the rest of the Sony mocap team have done a pretty great job in the past, but its time for them to take it to another level. I'm confident that 09 will be a step in the right direction.... no worries here.
Oh, you won't have to worry about batting stances at all...

It's Batting Stance Guy, to the rescue!

# 69 nemesis04 @ 11/30/08 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Oh, you won't have to worry about batting stances at all...

It's Batting Stance Guy, to the rescue!
That is pretty cool! A lot of his stances are right on.

# 70 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/04/08 05:56 PM
add me if you still can...

thanks

# 71 WatchdogXC @ 12/09/08 09:46 AM
I love the community here at OS for this game as much as I love the game. I can't wait for '09 (but I'll keep playing '08 right now!!!!)!

# 72 walezy @ 12/10/08 07:37 AM
this forum is so good the community is so welcome, by far the best ever gaming forum i have ever seen for sports game

W.Y

Walezy

# 73 BezO @ 12/23/08 12:48 PM
Re: "New Pitching Meter"

I read about this game every year but have yet to play. A question or 2...

How meter-ed up is this game? Are there throwing & batting meters in addition to the pitching meter? Any chance meters can be turned off?

# 74 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/23/08 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Re: "New Pitching Meter"

I read about this game every year but have yet to play. A question or 2...

How meter-ed up is this game? Are there throwing & batting meters in addition to the pitching meter? Any chance meters can be turned off?

It has a pitching meter just like MVP '05 had. Yes it can be disabled and you can use classic pitching, that a lot of us use for the "unpredictability" of it all.

There is no hitting meters.

Throwing, there is a sort of meter in the game. It is 4-5 rings inside the cursor under your player. The longer you hold the button (for a harder throw) the rings light up from, green, yellow, orange, red. And thus high chance of errors depending on the players position to the throw (i.e. moving away from plate throwing across the body), the speed of the runner closing in on the bag, and fielder's rating.

# 75 Skyboxer @ 12/23/08 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes

If you're a baseball fan, you owe it to yourself to finally check out the Show this year. Best sports game ever made, IMO.
Totally Agree.

# 76 huggerorange73 @ 12/23/08 03:42 PM
Man I've been outta the OS loop too long

Madden ticks me off to no end....so I kinda drift without purpose until the MLB press releases start to flow!

I'm pumped for this title.....esp with the miserable winter we've having in Chicago

# 77 BezO @ 12/24/08 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It has a pitching meter just like MVP '05 had. Yes it can be disabled and you can use classic pitching, that a lot of us use for the "unpredictability" of it all.

There is no hitting meters.

Throwing, there is a sort of meter in the game. It is 4-5 rings inside the cursor under your player. The longer you hold the button (for a harder throw) the rings light up from, green, yellow, orange, red. And thus high chance of errors depending on the players position to the throw (i.e. moving away from plate throwing across the body), the speed of the runner closing in on the bag, and fielder's rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes
I turn the throwing meter off. I never liked the idea in MVP, and I see no use for it here. I'd rather watch the animation playing out than keep my eye on a stupid meter.

If you're a baseball fan, you owe it to yourself to finally check out the Show this year. Best sports game ever made, IMO.
All good news. Thanks!

I was an Xbox 360 guy until a couple of months ago. A PS3 will be a late Christmas gift for myself in time for '09.

# 78 Scott @ 12/24/08 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
All good news. Thanks!

I was an Xbox 360 guy until a couple of months ago. A PS3 will be a late Christmas gift for myself in time for '09.
You owe it to yourself

# 79 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/24/08 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
You owe it to yourself

/agree

This game alone is worth owning a PS3. And some of the PS3 exclusives are fantastic. Blu-Ray movies are jaw dropping as well, especially Planet Earth at 1080p.

# 80 bellz666 @ 12/27/08 07:52 AM
This is just awesome.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.