Home
News Post

The San Diego Studios sent us this press release on their first Community Initiative at their Studio. They have launched a Community Leaders Program and have listed their first roster of Community Leaders. Have any questions? Ask them here, Ramone will be around later to answer them.

Quote:
"Hi all! My name is Ramone Russell and I’m the Community Manager for the San Diego Studios. Some of you may remember me as the screen name RUSSELL05 on various forums from the past couple of years. Today we are happy to announce the first Comprehensive Community Imitative at the San Diego Studios for MLB The Show franchise. The main purpose of this program is to improve, overhaul and grow the developer/community relationship. This Initiative was built from scratch. Back in July we started at the ground level and over the past four months we looked at where other Community Initiatives have succeeded and failed. Our goal is to create something new, fresh, and extremely structured in order to make things you have yet to experience possible.

First, we would like to release our developer mission statement to the public so that the purpose of our Community Initiative is clear."

MLB '08: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB '08: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '08: The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 97 - View All
Member Comments
# 141 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 01:28 PM
Ha...
Yeah...I printed out the questions...it looks like a copy of War and Peace!

M.K.
Knight165

# 142 Pared @ 01/27/09 01:55 PM
Word on the street is Russell has given his resignation thanks to that list.

# 143 baseball88 @ 01/27/09 02:23 PM
Probably had to for the way he treats people in the PM's.

He has an attitude problem. I've been in the baseball and Modding gaming community
for a long time. I have never ever been treated like he treated me and I'm sure there were more. He has no repect it seems.

At least he should be thankful to the Lord for having a job especially in this economy.

# 144 countryboy @ 01/27/09 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Probably had to for the way he treats people in the PM's.

He has an attitude problem. I've been in the baseball and Modding gaming community
for a long time. I have never ever been treated like he treated me and I'm sure there were more. He has no repect it seems.

At least he should be thankful to the Lord for having a job especially in this economy.
what in the world are you talking about?

# 145 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
what in the world are you talking about?
I don't think he's talking about Russ....
He's a gentleman when PM'ing back and forth...always.

M.K.
Knight165

# 146 nemesis04 @ 01/27/09 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't think he's talking about Russ....
He's a gentleman when PM'ing back and forth...always.

M.K.
Knight165
It looks like he is responding to a post made a few back about mlblover.

# 147 mlblover15 @ 01/27/09 03:30 PM
Quote:
Ha...
Yeah...I printed out the questions...it looks like a copy of War and Peace!

M.K.
Knight165
well considering i own the book and it is over 1400 pages... that is a LOT of questions you have on your plate... good luck with that!!!

# 148 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
well considering i own the book and it is over 1400 pages... that is a LOT of questions you have on your plate... good luck with that!!!
Thanks....
I'm gonna need it.
The trip is not starting well...already had my flight cancelled and moved to 6 hour later

M.K.
Knight165

# 149 nemesis04 @ 01/27/09 07:40 PM
Quote:
Thanks....
I'm gonna need it.
The trip is not starting well...already had my flight cancelled and moved to 6 hour later

M.K.
Knight165
Ouch!

# 150 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Ouch!
No biggie....
If I would have found out when I got to the airport at 6 tomorrow instead of tonight...then OUCH!

I'm just getting in SD at 6PM instead of 12 noon(let's hope)

M.K.
Knight165

# 151 nemesis04 @ 01/27/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
No biggie....
If I would have found out when I got to the airport at 6 tomorrow instead of tonight...then OUCH!

I'm just getting in SD at 6PM instead of 12 noon(let's hope)

M.K.
Knight165
Just in time for the ice show that is coming. You probably will get pushed again. It is supposed to turn to rain by the afternoon. Be safe!

# 152 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Knight Act like a MAN, and not a little love sick girlie man when you get there!
Hey...
You don't mess with three things with me....
My best girl Smokey...
The Show....
My lovely wife..

In that order(unless you're reading this hon...then it's in reverse order)

M.K.
Knight165

# 153 Knight165 @ 01/27/09 08:49 PM
Quote:
Just remember this Knight at the end of the day it is just a game. Put your wife first. I just saw that movie Bucket List, wow that was a touching movie. The Drug Counselor showed that movie to my class today. I was crying like a baby after the class left. Have fun knight even if you have to spent some time with the old fart "Jimbo"
Oh...I know that Scott.
My family is everything to me. After being married for 23 years, I'm still madly in love with my wife and our kids are the best.....including Smokey
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

# 154 Shinyhubcaps @ 01/27/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
The Bucket List.....loved it. Morgan Freeman (along with Michael Caine) are my two favorite actors by far. Leaving for San Diego TOMORROW!
Good, you still have time to listen to my gripes.

Make sure they have all uniform updates, as well as every throwback ever worn in Major League Baseball, including the White Sox with shorts.

# 155 Shinyhubcaps @ 01/28/09 01:16 AM
Quote:
They go by what the MLB site has up there. Blame MLB!, not the Show. They have to do that by Law.
Well there actually are a number of errors between what Sony has and what the MLB style guides have. There are cases where they are both right, cases where they are both wrong, and cases where the style guide is right but Sony is wrong ("mistakes").

I do care about uniforms, so hopefully those questions will be asked. But really, who wouldn't want to play with these?

# 156 Scooter3 @ 01/28/09 10:24 AM
Quote:
Oh...I know that Scott.
My family is everything to me. After being married for 23 years, I'm still madly in love with my wife and our kids are the best.....including Smokey
Thanks.

M.K.
Knight165

Congratulations Knight 23 years and still in love. I think guys like Knight and Jim who faced danger every day in their careers usually have their priorities in order.
Theres nothing more important than to love someone and to be loved by someone.

I lost my wife 12 years ago. She was very sick and I took care of her for seven years. She faced so much and died so young.

It's the little moments in life that mean the most.

I never thought I would be happy again, until fate stepped in and then cupid did a number on me and my girlfriend.

Life is good I'm happy and she brings sunshine to me every day.
Lets us not forget something thats also important stirrup socks are in 09' The Show!

Scooter....

# 157 Scooter3 @ 01/28/09 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
My respect to you, Scooter.

Baseball also makes life better.

Jim,
Thank you it means alot.
Now when you find a girl who supports your love for baseball, well nothing could be better. I'm a lucky man...

We are all grateful that we have a company (SCEA) representatives (all our guys picked to represent us) an all the contributing posters here at OS. That combination can not be beat!

Thanks and don't forget do what you can but behave yourself!

Have fun guys...
Scooter...

# 158 baseball88 @ 01/28/09 12:06 PM
Ask and you shall receive
Seek and you shall find
Knock and it will be opened to you

Delight yourself also in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him

Someday he will bring it to pass to have that special woman in my life.

I hope she loves baseball, football, and basketball like I do.

Right now I'm taking care of my Dad who is 83 years old that has parkinsons of the mind which is coming back slowly but surely.
Can't wait to get this new game in March.
SCEA is listening and providing to their customers.
That says alot to the gaming community.

Priorities in life for me are

God
Family
Friends
Video games LOL

You are all wonderful fellow gamer friends.
God Bless you all
Kerm

# 159 brunnoce @ 01/28/09 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
Jim,
Thank you it means alot.
Now when you find a girl who supports your love for baseball, well nothing could be better. I'm a lucky man...

We are all grateful that we have a company (SCEA) representatives (all our guys picked to represent us) an all the contributing posters here at OS. That combination can not be beat!

Thanks and don't forget do what you can but behave yourself!

Have fun guys...
Scooter...

i co-sign that fullyhearted.

# 160 brunnoce @ 01/28/09 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball88
Ask and you should receive
Seek and you shall find
Knock and it will be opened to you

Delight yourself also in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart.
Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him

Someday he will bring it to pass to have that special woman in my life.

I hope she loves baseball, football, and basketball like I do.

Right now I'm taking care of my Dad who is 83 years old that has parkinsons of the mind which is coming back slowly but surely.

God
Family
Friends
Video games LOL

You are all wonderful fellow gamers.
God Bless you all
Kerm
God bless u too Kerm,
Btw, how are things going for u m8?
I remember last year youre running into some bad times...
i hope things got better my friend.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.