Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

NCAA Basketball 09 has been released, post your impressions here.

NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Basketball 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 HustlinOwl @ 11/18/08 11:55 AM
Retail Version do they let you know what happened when a whistle blows? Demo there was no indication of who the ball went out of bounds on and etc

# 22 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Retail Version do they let you know what happened when a whistle blows? Demo there was no indication of who the ball went out of bounds on and etc
no and its freaking annoying. You have to look to the ref to see what happened, and even then...

# 23 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:04 PM
I finished a 20 minute half vs Oakland and was up 34-18 at the break. I went on a 20-0 run for the last 8 minutes. The game is damn fun.

# 24 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/18/08 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The gameplay imo is exactly like the demo. There isn't anything that seems different.

The player faces are hideous. I'll have to take the time to edit my Cardinals later.

If you adjust the brightness level, also adjust the contrast level to the same spot, makes a huge difference.
When you edit a player does it give them a black silhouette? I know they have a face for them but, when you edited someone last year they blacked out there face and gave them a silhouette.

# 25 Skyboxer @ 11/18/08 12:10 PM
Quote:
I finished a 20 minute half vs Oakland and was up 34-18 at the break. I went on a 20-0 run for the last 8 minutes. The game is damn fun.

Which answers my only question I was going to ask: "Is the game fun?"
That's all I'm looking for. I want to sit and play and have some serious fun. So the answer is yes?..

# 26 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
That's all I'm looking for. I want to sit and play and have some serious fun. So the answer is yes?..
its extremely fun. No its not perfect, but the game is damn fun and challenging. This game will easily take me up to when the Show launches.

And to answer your other question, I didn't see any black silhouettes or anything after editing the player.

# 27 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/18/08 12:12 PM
Quote:

That's what I wanted to know as well.

# 28 Scoop 24 @ 11/18/08 12:13 PM
Quote:
its extremely fun. No its not perfect, but the game is damn fun and challenging. This game will easily take me up to when the Show launches.

And to answer your other question, I didn't see any black silhouettes or anything after editing the player.
and on that note off to get my copy. thanks CB

# 29 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:13 PM
T-Will may not look like T-Will right now, but he sure plays like him.

# 30 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/18/08 12:18 PM
Quote:
T-Will may not look like T-Will right now, but he sure plays like him.

EA SPORTS World: T Will dunk

SICK!!! What do the Tshirts look like when you wear the alt unis? Do they have the right colors. Red unis += red Tshirts, White unis = white Tshirts, Black well you get the picture.

# 31 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
and on that note off to get my copy. thanks CB
enjoy!

# 32 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
SICK!!! What do the Tshirts look like when you wear the alt unis? Do they have the right colors. Red unis += red Tshirts, White unis = white Tshirts, Black well you get the picture.
the t-shirts look like what you stated, but I'll double check in a few.

# 33 Skyboxer @ 11/18/08 12:40 PM
Does the case mention anything about HD install size?

# 34 Bumble14 @ 11/18/08 12:43 PM
Do you have the ability of playing in preseason tourneys when you edit your schedule in dynasty?

# 35 countryboy @ 11/18/08 12:49 PM
Quote:
Does the case mention anything about HD install size?
nope, just 2.5GB required.

# 36 bluengold34_OS @ 11/18/08 12:50 PM
Just finished playing TJdasportsguy online, he was N.Carolina and I was ND. A lot of fun, and was as fluid as possible. No hiccups or weird glitches, and was a lot of fun. It played like he was sitting in livingroom with me, wich is a nice change.

# 37 countryboy @ 11/18/08 01:00 PM
Ok, the player editor is really, really, really annoying. You can only select from 10 different complexions and then you select from various head models, thats it. No adding your own facial hair, or hair style in general. Very annoying and almost not worth the effort.

# 38 USF_Guy @ 11/18/08 01:00 PM
I'm still on the fence with this game. One of my biggest gripes, after reading some reviews, was the atmosphere.

How's the atmopshere in this game. One thing that pissed me off in the demo was the home crowd doing to OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH chant while their hometeam was on offense. You dont do that chant when your team has the ball! EA got it right with NCAA football 09 but not in NCAA Basketball? WTF?

Aside from that, are there a lot of team specific chants, fight songs?

# 39 Skyboxer @ 11/18/08 01:05 PM
Ok a question that is being asked in a different thread: Does shot release timing affect anything or is it totally based of of ratings?

# 40 Scoop 24 @ 11/18/08 01:07 PM
just picked it up.. its installing

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.