Home
NCAA March Madness 09 News Post

Hi folks,

I saw that BehindShadows is planning on releasing a roster set as soon as he can finish up. Problem with that is he's going to be editing players attributes, looks, etc, as he goes along.

I've always been of the mindset that I prefer to use the rosters the way they came with the game. When you start editing attributes, inevitably, you're going to have a bias towards one team or another and the file won't come out the way it should.

We'll pass the roster file around using the EA Locker. It's important to note that under no circumstances should anything other than a player's name, his height/weight, race, or jersey number be edited. LEAVE THE ATTRIBUTES ALONE!

So...with that said, we need volunteers. Below is a list of all the conferences, along with whether or not they've been done, and by whom they've been edited. Rather than using their OS names, I'm using their gamertags instead so it'll be easier to get the file from, in the EA Locker.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
America East
Atlantic 10
ACC - heelfan (in progress)
Atlantic Sun
Big 12
Big East
Big Sky
Big South
Big 10 - o0luke0o

Big West
CAA - TJdaSportsGuy (Will do sometime tomorrow)
Conference USA
Division I Independents
Horizon League
Ivy League
MAAC
MAC
MEAC
Missouri Valley
Mountain West
Northeast Conference
Ohio Valley Conference
Pac-10 - o0luke0o

Patriot League
SEC
Southern Conference
Southland Conference
Southwestern Athletic Conference
Summit League
Sun Belt
West Coast Conference
WAC

Game: NCAA Basketball 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 29 - View All
NCAA Basketball 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TJdaSportsGuy @ 11/18/08 02:08 PM
Heelfan said he should be done with the ACC by this evening. I'll be working and unavailable. Does anyone else want to jump in after him and work on a conference or two?

# 2 mkharsh33 @ 11/18/08 02:37 PM
i haven't picked up this game yet...but, i have some college basketball preview magazines...do the rosters pretty much follow any particular guide or are they difficult to do? i'd consider helping out but i don't want to spend a day researching stuff. thanks!

(i'm also waiting to hear some more observations regarding sim play for i drop the money on this).

# 3 ExtremeGamer @ 11/18/08 02:38 PM
I don't have time to do rosters, but applaud the effort. I'm under the same mindset of TJ, I hate editing atributes unless I do them myself or the game does them with an update. Just hate it.

# 4 o0luke0o @ 11/18/08 03:05 PM
ill help, i helped the 2k8 rosters here at os.

i should get the game either tonight or tomorrow.

ill do pac10 and big12.

# 5 Heelfan71 @ 11/18/08 03:11 PM
2/3 done with ACC.......# 55 from Maryland I can not find. He is a JUCO player. 6'3" 190 lbs SG if anyone knows his name let me know.

# 6 o0luke0o @ 11/18/08 03:13 PM
i think that tyree evans who didnt qualify for maryland and he enrolled into kent state im pretty sure.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=840689

yup im right.

# 7 elTodd @ 11/18/08 03:20 PM
I should be getting the game tonight. I can do the Missouri Valley Conference.

# 8 Behindshadows @ 11/18/08 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
2/3 done with ACC.......# 55 from Maryland I can not find. He is a JUCO player. 6'3" 190 lbs SG if anyone knows his name let me know.
There is no #55 on Maryland don't add him....

correct roster is right here.

http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-bas...askbl-mtt.html

# 9 OleMissRebel10 @ 11/18/08 03:40 PM
I have exams out the butt this week but I can do the SEC and CUSA this weekend.

# 10 hustle55 @ 11/18/08 03:41 PM
I will handle the America East,SWAC and Patriot League

# 11 aenggeorge @ 11/18/08 03:44 PM
i know iiggas hmgiht have big south but that conference si the: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/conference?confId=6

# 12 Heelfan71 @ 11/18/08 03:50 PM
ACC is done and in my locker (heelfan) Can someone download them and make sure the upload worked fine?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...a/men/rosters/

SI rosters seemed to be almost identical to the ones in the game. That is what I used.

# 13 Behindshadows @ 11/18/08 03:58 PM
Quote:
ACC is done and in my locker (heelfan) Can someone download them and make sure the upload worked fine?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...a/men/rosters/

SI rosters seemed to be almost identical to the ones in the game. That is what I used.
Might want to proof check your edits my friends...SI is a bad source and a lot of players didn't make those teams, that's why they didn't even have the numbers for UNC Freshman...

For everyone else including you!!!

Use this link to edit all teams..

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/teams

# 14 Heelfan71 @ 11/18/08 04:01 PM
All I did was add names. All the numbers in the game matched up to the ones on SI with the exception of 2 or 3 players that had the wrong number in the game.

# 15 o0luke0o @ 11/18/08 04:01 PM
i use collegehoops.net/espn.com and athlons mag, so im good to go.

only thing is....i need to get the game lol.

did you remove 55 from maryland and put him on kent state? thats tyree evans.

# 16 Behindshadows @ 11/18/08 04:09 PM
Quote:
All I did was add names. All the numbers in the game matched up to the ones on SI with the exception of 2 or 3 players that had the wrong number in the game.
No biggie, just trying to help out my friend. I've been researching these in advance for the last few months....so far that's the best site. Other than the official schools CSTV sites..

# 17 Heelfan71 @ 11/18/08 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0luke0o
i use collegehoops.net/espn.com and athlons mag, so im good to go.

only thing is....i need to get the game lol.

did you remove 55 from maryland and put him on kent state? thats tyree evans.
I just changed #55 to the guy who is on the team now, Kim Soo Lee or something like that. Changed his position and attributes a little. that is the only player I edited other than the name.

# 18 elTodd @ 11/18/08 04:41 PM
Hey guys, I know I said that I would do the Missouri Valley, but it turns out that I'm not getting the game. I just realized that Left 4 Dead is out today, and money is really tight right now.

I'm sorry guys. Good luck on the roster and enjoy the game.

# 19 The Kid 24 @ 11/18/08 04:59 PM
hey behind... so are you doing rosters this year or not?

# 20 aenggeorge @ 11/18/08 05:01 PM

« Previous1234567894445Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.