Home
News Post

It is a scenario that has long been a dream of mine. It's also a dream that has been shared by many Canadian hockey fans as they grew up.

It begins in the defensive end as I lift my opponent's stick not once, not twice but three times. It is a thing of beauty. I watched Esa Tikkanen do it once a game growing up. After pulling off a move you see at least 20-30 times a game in the NHL every night, I knock down the defenseman who outweighs me by 50 pounds. I obliterate him into the boards. Hey, the puck was between his legs after I lifted his stick. Fair game, right? After he bounces off the glass and lands in a heap, I take off down the ice, bobbing and weaving.

Read More: How the Patch Saved the H in EASHL

NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 09 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 09Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 47 - View All
NHL 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 GSW @ 11/24/08 09:27 AM
this makes me want to pick this game up

# 2 RaychelSnr @ 11/24/08 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
this makes me want to pick this game up
If you haven't played last year's NHL game either and if you are any bit of a hockey fan...it is more than worth your time. Even if you aren't a hockey fan, you'll probably still have at least some fun with the game.

# 3 JR360 @ 11/24/08 10:13 AM
Quote:
Now if only there was a way to penalize people on the other team who
screech at you on the position select screen: "PICK A GOALIE!"
Assuming you are on 360 I highly recommend using the new Party chat feature so that you don't have to hear the other team at all. Sure it is slightly anti-social but my experience setting up games has been much more enjoyable since we began using it.

Great article!

# 4 original6 @ 11/24/08 12:32 PM
While they may have fixed the 'big hits' issue online, they still have yet to fix the fact that interference is not called. Consequently, online games are still check-fests and unrealistic. Same goes for offline play as well, except that offline hits are still big as ever.......ugh.

# 5 Money99 @ 11/24/08 12:34 PM
Great article. I need to pick this game up again after selling my 360 for a PS3.

# 6 LP @ 11/24/08 04:09 PM
Nice read. I don't really play EASHL, but even offline, the patch has helped this game tremendously.

# 7 sk88z @ 11/25/08 01:32 AM
Well written. Glad the patch has made the game much more enjoyable for you. I've heard the same thing on other boards as well.

# 8 Lukey_J @ 11/25/08 01:42 AM
Great article and i agree 100% that the patch has improved NHL09 ten-fold. I now enjoy playing EASHL games and OTP although those who CHEESED before the patch have now found other money goals on which to rely. But these are alot easier to close down than the 40' floating wrister.

Again, nice read and well written..

# 9 donkeydrop @ 12/01/08 08:31 AM
PICK A GOALIE! Playing with a CPU goalie when the other team has a human goalie is the worst cheesing.

# 10 pfeiff71 @ 01/13/09 01:33 AM
so far i havent seen anyone talking about the 99 glitch its pretty much destroyed the game that retired so many games. and ea will have a bogus tournament at the end because of the cheating.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.