Home
MLB 2K9 News Post

Looks like we are going to get some Major League Baseball 2K9 info on Monday, according to one of the Admins at 2K Sports.

Quote:
"Hey all,
Some cool stuff is going to be going down early next week. I'll bring it to you here late Monday and Tuesday. Until then, Happy Thanksgiving, have a great weekend!

- Ronnie"

Game: Major League Baseball 2K9Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SoxFan01605 @ 11/28/08 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
I don't need my game producers to be PR geniuses. That's what the PR Departments are for. What I need is for these guys to deliver on the current generation consoles. Now, 2K8 left a lot to be desired, but damn - Rome wasn't built in a day.
lol...no it wasn't. But they also didn't rip apart their buildings to make their infastructure work either. I agree though that developers don't need PR skills. Just feed me a good game.

As for your other question. He apparently left for family/personal reasons. I believe it was said he didn't want to relocate when word got out 2KLA was being "brought home." Love him or hate him, he seemed to genuinely excited to try and represent a MLB game.

# 22 twisted88 @ 11/28/08 10:00 PM
The crucifying of Christ, the devil, the Roman empire, NBC sexual predator shows, Ben Brinkman and 2k baseball all in the same conversation?!?!?!

Wow! The hyperbole in these forums has reached a whole new level!

# 23 HechticSooner @ 11/29/08 01:16 AM
The fact that the game had no AI steals, had a great innovative pitch control but then did the stupid meatball bs, the issues with out the box, all that someone had to take the fall. The fact that Brinkman was so out front made him to be the one to take that fall I am sure. I also heard an interview where he said that he didn't like waiting for a walk, did anyone notice that you almost could not be walked in that game?

# 24 bigfnjoe96 @ 11/29/08 10:19 AM
As Chase said, I wouldn't get to excited. Personally I take what ronnie says with a grain of salt due him promising stuff & then never delivering then double talking when he can't come thru like promised..

# 25 Fatalah @ 11/30/08 02:42 AM
What I hope the announcement is from 2KSports:

Visual Concepts is working closely with Blue Castle Games for the next iteration of the MLB2K franchise. This team includes key members from the MVP series.

That would make me so happy!

But in all seriousness, good move by 2kSports keeping fans in the loop. They need to regain our trust.

# 26 Stroehms @ 11/30/08 02:52 AM
Might just be an announcement that the WBC is included. Just another guess...

# 27 StevenSeagalsLipitor @ 11/30/08 04:24 AM
Could just be the announcement of the (new) announcers.

# 28 metalstorm @ 11/30/08 10:26 AM
even though i played the show last year,my eyes and ears and mind will be open once again...

# 29 Fatalah @ 11/30/08 12:12 PM

# 30 bakesalee @ 11/30/08 12:43 PM
I hope the announcement goes a little like this:

"2k gets you back in the action by recreating WSB2k3 with today's graphics, physics, and rosters! We've come to realize that you just want fun, coupled with a terrific presentation. Sorry about 2k5 through 2k8."

# 31 Scooter3 @ 11/30/08 05:04 PM
I agree if Visual Concepts and Blue Castle Games would go back to WSB 2K3 as a base with 2K7 graphics, that would be a big wow!

I think that VC and BCG worked together on WSB 2K3.( my favorite )
Happy to see them working on a 2K Baseball game again! It gives me reason for hope...

If they go back I hope they use WSB 2K3's Home-Runs!

Scooter...

# 32 jwmw9207 @ 11/30/08 10:30 PM
i just hope they learned some things from MLB the show...... i am so bored without a career mode.

# 33 Fatalah @ 11/30/08 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
I think that VC and BCG worked together on WSB 2K3.( my favorite )
Happy to see them working on a 2K Baseball game again! It gives me reason for hope...
Woah Woah! Settle down there big fella!

Let me correct a few things:

We have no proof that Blue Castle Games is working with Visual Concepts for MLB2K9.

Blue Castle didn't exist up until 2 years ago-- they had nothing to do with WSB2K3.

PS- You're crazy. Bold and italics?!

# 34 Stroehms @ 12/01/08 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalah

We have no proof that Blue Castle Games is working with Visual Concepts for MLB2K9.

Blue Castle didn't exist up until 2 years ago-- they had nothing to do with WSB2K3.

lol. Thats funny.

# 35 SoxFan01605 @ 12/01/08 12:20 AM
Quote:

lol...time for you to settle down too. He never said definitevely they worked on 2K3... he said he thought. He was closer than you probably realize, at least verbally. Visual Concepts and Blue Shift worked on 2K3 (there might have been another too...can't remember). So at worst he's only half mistaken.

Also, not to nitpick, but I believe Blue Castle got together in 05 which would be 3 years ago, not two

And lastly, who really cares if he uses bold and italics...it's not like it's that hard to read....okay, that's just for fun

Personally, I find Visual Concepts involvement reason for some optimism here. They do an excellent job with presentation and realistic gameplay in their games normally, I believe. That alone has piqued my interest at least.

# 36 Fatalah @ 12/01/08 12:35 AM
I'm glad to see you found a way to make him look half-wrong instead of full-wrong. Blue Shift though...hmm. I remember them! They were kind of a subpar developer no? Along the lines of Kush?

As for BlueCastleGames, What always bothers me is this: How could BGS invest time and money into creating a next gen baseball engine for the Bigs, and just leave it behind? I want that engine to be the foundation for 2k9. Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...time for you to settle down too. He never said definitevely they worked on 2K3... he said he thought. He was closer than you probably realize, at least verbally. Visual Concepts and Blue Shift worked on 2K3 (there might have been another too...can't remember). So at worst he's only half mistaken.

Also, not to nitpick, but I believe Blue Castle got together in 05 which would be 3 years ago, not two

And lastly, who really cares if he uses bold and italics...it's not like it's hard to read....okay, that's just for fun

Personally, I find Visual Concepts involvement reason for some optimism here. They do an excellent job with presentation and realistic gameplay in their games normally, I believe. That alone has piqued my interest at least.

# 37 SoxFan01605 @ 12/01/08 01:16 PM
Quote:
I'm glad to see you found a way to make him look half-wrong instead of full-wrong. Blue Shift though...hmm. I remember them! They were kind of a subpar developer no? Along the lines of Kush?

As for BlueCastleGames, What always bothers me is this: How could BGS invest time and money into creating a next gen baseball engine for the Bigs, and just leave it behind? I want that engine to be the foundation for 2k9. Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.
Well, I would probably classify Blue Shift as mediocre more than sub-par...but then again, I have a personal hatred for Kush as they did everything they could to ruin baseball (okay, that may be a teeny bit of hyperbole).

I agree about Blue Castle though. Aren't they the ones behind the MLB Front Office Manager coming soon as well? Maybe that's a tie in for the announcement. Blue Castle will not only be involved, but use their engine and apply the front office manager to franchise. Likely wishful thinking, but what's life without dreams...lol

# 38 bigfnjoe96 @ 12/01/08 01:31 PM
I'm pretty sure scooter meant Blue Shift who developed the WSB Series until Kush took over in 05..

# 39 Fatalah @ 12/01/08 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Well, I would probably classify Blue Shift as mediocre more than sub-par...but then again, I have a personal hatred for Kush as they did everything they could to ruin baseball (okay, that may be a teeny bit of hyperbole).
No. NO. Don't you stop yourself--No more holding back! For unknown reasons, 2KSports handed the MLB2K series to teams that couldn't even out-do a 4 year old game in MVP'05. That's what gets me, MVP is still better! After all these years!

I'll be impatiently checking this board for news all day long. Hope we can keep eachother company!

# 40 SoxFan01605 @ 12/01/08 02:12 PM
Quote:
No. NO. Don't you stop yourself--No more holding back! For unknown reasons, 2KSports handed the MLB2K series to teams that couldn't even out-do a 4 year old game in MVP'05. That's what gets me, MVP is still better! After all these years!

I'll be impatiently checking this board for news all day long. Hope we can keep eachother company!
lol...I'm here for you?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.