Home
News Post

The highly anticipated patch for NBA 2K9 will arrive for the PS3 on December 3rd. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait, but it shouldn't be far behind.

You can find the bug fix list, right here.

Quote:
"I have been informed by Sony that the NBA 2K9 patch has cleared and is expected to be available within the next 48 hours. My next post will chronicle the changes expected in the patch. Obviously the 360 patch was submitted to Microsoft at the same time and it's now a matter of their timing on when they release the patch on XBL. I imagine it will be a matter of days and when I know exact timing, I will inform you. As you can see, the community made a major impact on decisions made in this patch so for all our titles, remember to post your thoughts and wanted changes and I will collect them with the moderators. You can make a huge impact on our games. Thanks..."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SageInfinite @ 12/01/08 08:16 PM
YES Maybe now I can stop bashing this game, lol. Can't wait to try this patch.

# 62 Scoop 24 @ 12/01/08 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
LOL, I just traded the game in today, actually 30 minutes ago now I read this...................
The life of a gamer!
lmao that sucks

# 63 burnshroom @ 12/01/08 08:38 PM
I bow down to 2K... I knew you wouldn't let us down.

Now if they could start this whole Team 2K all over... or put HUGE astericks next to the first 7 or 8 weeks of winners.

# 64 burnshroom @ 12/01/08 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStylez
LOL, I just traded the game in today, actually 30 minutes ago now I read this...................
The life of a gamer!
Not that I understand why you did this, I mean even before these fixes this game was the best basketball game out this year... bar none.

Ahhh well. 1 person outta a few hundred thousand ain't bad.

# 65 jrose57 @ 12/01/08 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASLAM2001
K I may have to go with Live then. Unless this plays better/like 2K8 (Which I loved).
well obviosuly having both will solve the problem so u dun have to stress n decide which one u should keep or get, i have both, i gave up on 2k this year, bought live 2days ago, cannot stop playing still, is amazing!!! i can compare this one to the 2004 whcih was the best ball game all times, but i m curious waht the patch does to 2k but i doubt it will be better than live. i swear, i don't even know why live nailed it so perfectly this year

# 66 Bornindamecca @ 12/01/08 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdeal28
ok im kinda confused now. are they saying that u couldnt contest shots properly before? cuz if i a defender was in my face and i took the shot i was most likely missing it. but i do have my shot success lowered quite a bit. MID-SHOT success is at 37 for me.

help me born??? lol

This is what I was talking about. Before the patch, you could contest a shot and have the ball morph through your hand for a swish. I can stomach the morph if the shot contest counts.

Here is a great example. Man, this vids are HILARIOUS. FYI, this dude made a later vid where he gave 2k9 some cred.

Here is another...I'm in TEARS here. I love these guys, man.

I love the game, but I totally FEEL you. Collision and ball detection are so important for defense, it can really hurt when the CPU morphs its way to a point, because it neutralizes your positioning. I could be wrong, but I think morphs are triggered by the timing of a button press, vs. the CPU action. With a bigger window for the timing of defense, hopefully these morphs will be triggered at a much lower rate.

# 67 markprior22 @ 12/01/08 08:57 PM
I'm VERY happy to see this patch coming, don't get me wrong, but I feel kinda bad for people like Tomba who have been working like crazy with sliders and player edits trying to get the game to play better. Guess they will have to pretty much start over, huh?

# 68 Jukeman @ 12/01/08 09:02 PM
^^^ LOL mma mma morph

# 69 Bornindamecca @ 12/01/08 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
^^^ LOL mma mma morph
I mean, how funny is that?

# 70 ProStylez @ 12/01/08 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnshroom
Not that I understand why you did this, I mean even before these fixes this game was the best basketball game out this year... bar none.

Ahhh well. 1 person outta a few hundred thousand ain't bad.
I can name a bunch of people that would disagree.

# 71 The 24th Letter @ 12/01/08 09:11 PM
LOL so much for that patch (that probably wasnt going to come out) huh?

# 72 Salhus @ 12/01/08 09:26 PM
The main difference between EA basketball game and 2K basketball game is that EA is more focused on team play and 2K is more focused on the individual (ex. much more effort put into signature styles and what not) I like them both, however.

# 73 Illustrator76 @ 12/01/08 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
This is what I was talking about. Before the patch, you could contest a shot and have the ball morph through your hand for a swish. I can stomach the morph if the shot contest counts.

Here is a great example. Man, this vids are HILARIOUS. FYI, this dude made a later vid where he gave 2k9 some cred.

Here is another...I'm in TEARS here. I love these guys, man.

I love the game, but I totally FEEL you. Collision and ball detection are so important for defense, it can really hurt when the CPU morphs its way to a point, because it neutralizes your positioning. I could be wrong, but I think morphs are triggered by the timing of a button press, vs. the CPU action. With a bigger window for the timing of defense, hopefully these morphs will be triggered at a much lower rate.
Ha Ha Ha, man Born I got a total of about 30 seconds worth of USEFUL information out of those videos (not a shot against you but him). That has to be the most nonsensical rambling, repetitive statements and non-cohesive thought patterns since Mos Def in 16 Blocks....

I agree with dude's overall statement, but geez, the same point could have been made in about 25 seconds....

# 74 BroMontana82 @ 12/01/08 10:35 PM
what about the fact that rebounds off of blocked shots aren't counted as rebounds???? this is a big factor into low rebound statistics!!!

# 75 Bornindamecca @ 12/01/08 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Ha Ha Ha, man Born I got a total of about 30 seconds worth of USEFUL information out of those videos (not a shot against you but him). That has to be the most nonsensical rambling, repetitive statements and non-cohesive thought patterns since Mos Def in 16 Blocks....

I agree with dude's overall statement, but geez, the same point could have been made in about 25 seconds....
That's what gets me about these vids. The frustration takes guys who obviously know the game, and the video game and turns them into these hilarious rants, HAHA. I HIGHLY recommend his other vids. There are some really funny ones there. The one with Lebron is hilarious.

This one is great
start from 2:32

Seriously though, my man really knows his stuff. I 100% agree with his thoughts on physics, ball positioning and collision regarding 2k9, NFL2k9 and Madden 09. He really gets it.

# 76 kenzil @ 12/01/08 10:44 PM
Good patch info especially on the PintP and for the association people the lowered sim scores.

Wish they could have did something where we could adjust player weight in edit prospects....Also, in the patch last year you were able to take of the ring around the players in instant replays...what happened? Why is that option not in 2k9.

nothing big but c'mon...

# 77 Bornindamecca @ 12/01/08 10:48 PM
Re: Totalownership

Play the game on 0 speed, and the truth of the issues will reveal themselves. Errors in timing and positioning trigger bad CPU behavior. This shouldn't be, but it skews the perspective of the game all the same. The only problem I saw that persisted on 0 speed was the layup morphs when the CPU would cue it up on those magical spots at the elbows of the FT area.

Everything else, the shooting in the post, the lead passing, contesting shots, open mid range shots etc etc was well taken care of on 0 speed, because I was making the PERFECT decision in every scenario. What it revealed however, was that the CPU does indeed cheat in ways that I'm not sure a human can duplicate.

Small example: CPU is double teaming and I pass out of it. One of the double teaming players DISENGAGES FROM THE DOUBLE TEAM, TURNS AND JUMPS FOR BLOCK all in the same motion. Now, when I engage in the double team, there is NOTHING I can do to pull out of that animation that fast.

It's kind of like some of the CPU offensive boards. They will break their after-shot animation to get the board, where I'll get no response until my player's momentum carries me forward.

All the same, most of the glaring issues were taken care of on 0 speed, which leads me to believe that there is a magic sim window that is really tiny, and if you miss it, you're in the backdoor cutting, 90% post shot, ball morphing arcade hell that has people wanting to return their games.

# 78 sportsdude @ 12/01/08 10:49 PM
I was glad to see all the fixes on the list but one I'm glad they included was fixing the lag of the online Team Up matches. That's a pretty fun game mode that so far has been completely ruined by lag.

# 79 Tomba @ 12/01/08 11:00 PM
I'm interested in seeing If they will fix some of the sliding and collision dection i had to get rid of for my edit by literally tweaking sliders way beyond what they had to go. in addition i wonder If they're gameplay fixes to shooting percentages would hurt all the work we've done already...

this happens (a patch) and then you have to RE test the whole darn thing again...

BUT didn't I tell you guys a patch was a comin

# 80 Tomba @ 12/01/08 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
That's what gets me about these vids. The frustration takes guys who obviously know the game, and the video game and turns them into these hilarious rants, HAHA. I HIGHLY recommend his other vids. There are some really funny ones there. The one with Lebron is hilarious.

This one is great
start from 2:32

Seriously though, my man really knows his stuff. I 100% agree with his thoughts on physics, ball positioning and collision regarding 2k9, NFL2k9 and Madden 09. He really gets it.

Gideon Prime needs to be on the radio...it would fill the void of Stern for me

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.