Home
News Post

The highly anticipated patch for NBA 2K9 will arrive for the PS3 on December 3rd. Xbox 360 owners will have to wait, but it shouldn't be far behind.

You can find the bug fix list, right here.

Quote:
"I have been informed by Sony that the NBA 2K9 patch has cleared and is expected to be available within the next 48 hours. My next post will chronicle the changes expected in the patch. Obviously the 360 patch was submitted to Microsoft at the same time and it's now a matter of their timing on when they release the patch on XBL. I imagine it will be a matter of days and when I know exact timing, I will inform you. As you can see, the community made a major impact on decisions made in this patch so for all our titles, remember to post your thoughts and wanted changes and I will collect them with the moderators. You can make a huge impact on our games. Thanks..."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 NINJAK2 @ 12/02/08 10:42 AM
DC,
Do you have any impressions post patch or are you just going to use this thread as a medium to criticize others impressions and 2k staff?

# 122 Kully @ 12/02/08 10:42 AM
They fixed the NBA.com menu, you can access the info in there from any screen now, not only the main page. Thanks for that.

# 123 GSW @ 12/02/08 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Not obeying the laws of SIMPLE help defense principles says alot J

But yea man it is getting old quick.
I feel you man.

# 124 Muzyk23 @ 12/02/08 10:48 AM
The first free throw and 2k cam are fixed - no stutter for me (360)

# 125 gtm @ 12/02/08 10:52 AM
Tell me where I go to get the patch for PS3.

# 126 DaWolf @ 12/02/08 10:54 AM
Played one game with my Cavs Association against the Celtics in the playoffs. The CPU does shoot more jumpers and the defense is tighter under the basket but the help defense system is still broken which means you are still not getting open jumpshots for your Guards.

btw: Lost 100:101

# 127 bobbysco13 @ 12/02/08 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
Tell me where I go to get the patch for PS3.
You don't "go" anywhere......When you fire up your NBA 2K9 on the PS3, when the patch is released, it will prompt you that an update for the game is available to download and install

# 128 gtm @ 12/02/08 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
You don't "go" anywhere......When you fire up your NBA 2K9 on the PS3, when the patch is released, it will prompt you that an update for the game is available to download and install
So it isn't out yet for the PS3, correct?

# 129 Kully @ 12/02/08 10:57 AM
I agree with the lack of help D by the guards on the weak side. Hopefully they will (finally) fix it.

# 130 trobinson97 @ 12/02/08 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
DC,
Do you have any impressions post patch or are you just going to use this thread as a medium to criticize others impressions and 2k staff?

You already know the answer.

# 131 bobbysco13 @ 12/02/08 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
So it isn't out yet for the PS3, correct?
Not if your system is not prompting you that there is an update available....I think the PS3 was being released tomorrow, the 3rd... (not sure though)

# 132 gtm @ 12/02/08 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
Not if your system is not prompting you that there is an update available....I think the PS3 was being released tomorrow, the 3rd... (not sure though)
Thanks for the help bobby.

# 133 SageInfinite @ 12/02/08 11:01 AM
Well my 1st game on all star default settings. I'm getting blown the hell out, lol. Pistons(me) Mavericks. I'm shooting 43% they're shooting 69%, LMAO. My defense has been lackluster I admit but some of the shots that have gone in are rediculous. I'll reserve my judgement until I play more.

# 134 Bornindamecca @ 12/02/08 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Well my 1st game on all star default settings. I'm getting blown the hell out, lol. Pistons(me) Mavericks. I'm shooting 43% they're shooting 69%, LMAO. My defense has been lackluster I admit but some of the shots that have gone in are rediculous. I'll reserve my judgement until I play more.
Stop playing on All Star, Sage!

Pro is much better this year than its ever been. Not saying you don't want to eventually get to All Star, but Pro gives a good game, and before the patch it was the only place you could get a SIM game. Which system do you have this on?

# 135 BTB @ 12/02/08 11:04 AM
I don't like that they toned down perimeter shot success. The game was cheesy enough online with everyone forcing it in the paint. Now if you try to play realistic you are going to lose by even more.

# 136 SageInfinite @ 12/02/08 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Stop playing on All Star, Sage!

Pro is much better this year than its ever been. Not saying you don't want to eventually get to All Star, but Pro gives a good game, and before the patch it was the only place you could get a SIM game. Which system do you have this on?
I'm on 360. I've tried pro and the computer just makes too many mistakes for me on pro. It's too easy to strip the ball and they miss alot more shots than I do. I'll try it post patch but before pro just didn't give me a good enough matchup. I'd get games here and there but overall it just wasn't enough.

# 137 SageInfinite @ 12/02/08 11:09 AM
I'll play some more but this game just isn't for me this year. I've seen 3 alley-oops in the past 2 minutes.

# 138 bobbysco13 @ 12/02/08 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I'll play some more but this game just isn't for me this year. I've seen 3 alley-oops in the past 2 minutes.
So Sage, after the patch you don't see any real big differences?? The excitement I had for this patch has been somewhat squashed by your posts.....

# 139 DC @ 12/02/08 11:28 AM
No I hope they DID mess with the fadeaways. Or the leaning shots to the side that the CPU randomly does for no apparent reason. Hopefully they are gone

# 140 madmax17 @ 12/02/08 11:29 AM
The amazing just got better, fantastic patch, glad to see the FT lag is gone.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.