Home
Skate 2 News Post

Joystiq has posted their hands-on preview of Skate 2.

Quote:
"Not only can you get off your board, you can move things around. Objects can now be grabbed, encouraging players to set up their own ramps and rails. For example, you can move a picnic table to connect two seemingly random rails to perform one extended grind."

Game: Skate 2Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Skate 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 CS10029 @ 12/01/08 10:51 PM
Just picked up the first one again yesterday.

# 2 GSW @ 12/02/08 10:25 AM
whyd you get rid of it?

# 3 CS10029 @ 12/02/08 10:38 AM
Honestly I don't really remember.

# 4 Blzer @ 12/02/08 12:56 PM
This is exactly what I was afraid of since the first trailer was released:

Quote:
It appears there's other concessions made to the Tony Hawk players that crave a more "Xtreme" approach to the sport. While Skate 2 is still, for the most part, about performing "real" tricks, there are points in the city which encourage some truly ludicrous stunts. Go to the top of the mountain to find one spine-tingling challenge. Or, unlock the skate park to try your hand at tricks that would undoubtedly kill real human beings. If you want massive air, you'll be able to find it here.
You know, and I knew this would happen, too. There's only one way to be innovative in this world, and that's to go up. This game wouldn't be as "refreshing" if it wasn't more extreme, and it's a shame they had to do this.

I'll definitely hesitate on buying this, especially since I don't need a new game for January anyway.

# 5 mgoblue @ 12/02/08 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
This is exactly what I was afraid of since the first trailer was released:

You know, and I knew this would happen, too. There's only one way to be innovative in this world, and that's to go up. This game wouldn't be as "refreshing" if it wasn't more extreme, and it's a shame they had to do this.

I'll definitely hesitate on buying this, especially since I don't need a new game for January anyway.
I think I'll buy this anyways, but I thought the ESPN Big Air ramp was good enough for crazy air...I'll reserve judgment, but hopefully it's not too pronounced.

# 6 ezekiel55 @ 12/02/08 02:30 PM
Its funny to describe it this way, but you have to play this game sim like you would any other sports game.

In the first Skate you could definitely do stuff that was ridiculous, and as much as I disagree with going the "extreme" direction, they have to for sales sake....trust me, from reading about their dev team, these guys are for real skateboarders and not some posers.

# 7 GSW @ 12/02/08 07:44 PM
there was a skateboard game on playstation that was as sim as you could get, its still playable to this day if you dont mind the graphics...

thrasher skate and destroy.

best skateboarding game ever made IMO

would be dumb for EA to go the tony hawk route and have you gridning on light poles 50 feet in the sky.

# 8 Blzer @ 12/05/08 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
there was a skateboard game on playstation that was as sim as you could get, its still playable to this day if you dont mind the graphics...

thrasher skate and destroy.

best skateboarding game ever made IMO

would be dumb for EA to go the tony hawk route and have you gridning on light poles 50 feet in the sky.
I remember Thrasher. Much like Skate, it was about pre-loading your flips (I believe it was something like flip tricks were done with triangle, etc.). Pretty good game, but it didn't get enough sales to grant sequels.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.