Home
News Post

One of the more entertaining things to do in FIFA 09 is take control of a team in a second (or lower) division and try to get it promoted to the top-flight league.

It will take at least a couple of seasons to get the team -- not only in a position to contend for promotion -- but to also be talented enough to avoid demotion after starting to play with the big boys.

To help in your endeavor, below are nine young players you can go out and sign to build a team around. With some tender love and care –- and playing time –- all of these players have the potential to be on your team from start to finish and still be contributors when you are competing for the top division’s hardware.

Read More - Nine Young Players to Build Your FIFA Team Around

Game: FIFA Soccer 09Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
FIFA Soccer 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 dann_e_v @ 12/07/08 09:05 PM
Bojan...17 year old Spanish striker 76 Ovr,; but an 80 at RW. Really costly cause he's on Barca though..but a phenom in the making.

# 2 BlyGilmore @ 12/08/08 09:45 AM
I'll have to look for that guy. There are a few other younger players who are studs but much more expensive. I was trying to keep this list dedicated to guys you could go out and get in say League One and League Two to help you build toward getting promoted to the premiership.

# 3 RogueTheory @ 12/08/08 12:51 PM
Good article, I will use these players as a base when I start my Ipswich MM...

# 4 Enasmalakas @ 12/08/08 09:52 PM
Nice list, I tried to get some of the players and offered over $800,000 when asking price was around $500,000 and was rejected I have a feeling they will cost around $1,000,000

# 5 southernbelle @ 12/09/08 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enasmalakas
Nice list, I tried to get some of the players and offered over $800,000 when asking price was around $500,000 and was rejected I have a feeling they will cost around $1,000,000
that really depends on the stength of your negotiator. i would certainly get him upgraded to atleast a 7.

# 6 BlyGilmore @ 12/09/08 12:01 PM
Yeah there are a ton of variables into how much it'll cost to get them, which is why I went with their listed market price. Negotiator is one. I believe your team prestige or manager prestige might also be a factor.

As Hearts in the SPL i was able to get Paloschi for €650K, Nimani for a shade over €500K and Hummels for €375K.

(Keep in mind all the prices in the article are in Euros not US Dollars).

# 7 wilzoektgod @ 12/11/08 06:33 AM
Jack Rodwell, Everton FC, 16 years of age, defending midfielder, Right footed. Overall 72. Great player!

# 8 Mo @ 12/11/08 03:09 PM
I don't remember his exact overall(69-72) or price, but Daniel Sturridge(ST) from the blue side of Manchester is pretty good.

# 9 Kepler @ 12/12/08 07:11 PM
If your prepared to pay buy:
Marek Hamsik ( after 2-4 seasons he gets to 93 overall)
Jovetic (gets to about 90-95 but can score from anywhere, scored nine goals in one game with him against Man U)

# 10 BigManOnCampus @ 12/16/08 10:18 AM
Other good players to look out for,

Denilson CM Arsenal

Breno CB Bayern Munich

Ottl Bayern Munich

# 11 Kiruk @ 12/21/08 09:39 AM
Zapata - Colombian CB. Bit on the expensive side, but after playing two seasons for Birmingham he's developed into a 97(!) rating, making him the best player in the game together with C. Ronaldo.

# 12 shottah @ 12/21/08 10:41 PM
Mc'Geady - Celtic or Rangers...Can't remember
Barnes - Stoke I think.
Vela - Arsenal
Stokes - Sunderland

They all reach 90's in a couple seasons...

# 13 Donovan @ 12/22/08 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzoektgod
Jack Rodwell, Everton FC, 16 years of age, defending midfielder, Right footed. Overall 72. Great player!
You're right, excellent, excellent young player, cheap too.

# 14 Salhus @ 12/22/08 03:36 AM
what ovr do the players orginally listed get to? And after how many seasons?

# 15 bogeyexpress @ 12/28/08 09:16 PM
Good article and post. I used the article to help build Rochdale from CC2 upward. I am 1/2 way through my first MM season and am currently in 2nd place after 21 matches.

I obtained these players from the list in the August window.
Reina - LM (I play him at LW and he is 2 points higher than his overall 72)
Paloschi - ST
Thelgo Heleno - CB (already to a 79 overall, 88 marking, 88 standing tackle and 81 slide tackle
Hummels - CB - also already at 79 overall with slightly lower mark/stand/slide ratings than Heleno
Asamoah - CM - I am playing him anywhere in the midfield. He was the first player I signed. He is now a 72 overall.
Rui Patricio - GK - 77 overall now.
I just scouted and signed a 21 year old Brazilian CAM that is a 73 overall. I am playing him at RW and he jumps to a 74 or 75. During the October and November months, I pumped money into my fitness, GK, DEF, MID, ATT. I also dumped some into my scout and negotiator. I have not yet increased my stadium. The fitness is now at lvl 5, scout at lvl 4, everything else is currently at lvl 3. In December, I was concentrating on not spending money on upgrades to prepare for the January window. The Brazilian CAM popped on my scouting screen at only 550K so I signed him.

Anyway, the article was a good one with quality player to build around. With my 2 CB's in place, my back four is solid. No one gets through the middle and they both win nearly every ball in the air.

I am hoping to sign Taison and Camacho to solidify my MF and also another ST. I am also looking at bringing in a LWB/RWB or both. I am playing a 433 formation.

# 16 bogeyexpress @ 12/29/08 09:16 PM
With the January window 1/2 closed, I have added.

CM - Taison
ST - Sturridge
RWB - Vanden Borre
RWB - Rafael (Man Utd)
LB - Sahko (PSG)
RB/RM - Ratinho
CB - Papadopoulos (only 16 years old, 60 rated)

Rafael is playing RW and Ratinho is playing RCM. I just signed Taison and Rafael so I am looking forward to playing my first match. Rochdale is now a 3.5 star club. My wages are now over 100K so I am going to raise ticket prices soon.

I am looking to add one more player, possibly another ST. I am playing a 433 so Sturridge runs at RW when not fatigued.

My starting 11 looks like this

GK - Rui Patricio
DEF - Sakho/Thelma Heleno/Hummels/Vanden Borre
MF - Asamoah/Putszai (scouted player that signed)/Taison
F - Reina LW/Paloschi/Sturridge(Rafael) RW

# 17 Kiruk @ 12/31/08 02:18 PM
You're playing Rafael as a forward?

# 18 bogeyexpress @ 01/01/09 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiruk
You're playing Rafael as a forward?
Yes. I play him at RB, RM and RW. He has good crossing rating and good speed. With the RWB position, he plays the RW spot very well and his overall rating goes above his normal rating. I found it odd, but he does well there. Eduardo Ratinho and Rafael are very versatile and I can play them pretty much anywhere on the outside.

# 19 jonathanr2007 @ 02/12/09 05:57 PM
anderson
sergio assenjo
sergio ramos

# 20 BlyGilmore @ 02/12/09 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salhus47
what ovr do the players orginally listed get to? And after how many seasons?
tough to answer that question and give an apples to apples because there's a lot of variables.

for instance how long did it take you to get to 10 for each position coach. how often were they playing? i.e. were they playing 90 minutes a match or were you splitting time? were you playing a lot or simming? and of course how did they perform when they were on the pitch.

with that said all those guys should get to at least mid-80s with a few seasons of regular play and 10-rated coaches.

I have had similar scouted keepers to Patricio get well into the 90s, including a 75 overall created keeper that is 96 overall (and so vital to the team that when i moved to Liverpool I couldn't get him to transfer for any amount).

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.