Home
News Post

UGO has posted their preview of MLB '09: The Show.

Quote:
"It’s probably best to get this out of the way from the outset: I am not a sports guy and if I were, baseball would still rank pretty low among my interests. This is important because I’m about to fill you readers in on preview time spent with Sony’s PlayStation 3-exclusive baseball sim MLB 09: The Show. And while it’s not going to change the opinions of those who prefer other sports or no sports at all, the 2009 edition of The Show looks as though it will offer a deeper, more fulfilling simulation than ever before, with the added benefit of amped up visuals and player-tailored features."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 12/17/08 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkleafGoJays
This is when Kolbe steps in and calms all of our fears about this 40 man roster.
If not please just burst the bubble now...
Paging Kolbe....

"Kolbe to the OS forums.... Kolbe to the OS forums, please...."

# 42 Darkleaf @ 12/17/08 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
Paging Kolbe....

lol.No page needed I see him.

# 43 Kolbe @ 12/17/08 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SCEA_Sports
Paging Kolbe....

/sings a soothing song

-Kolbe

# 44 DubTrey1 @ 12/17/08 09:03 PM
Wow. All the guy previewing the game needed to add was how much he hated sports and loathed his job at reviewing this game - oh, wait, he did that.

Anyway, still really hyped at this years title and from what was posted, it sounds like this game will again be the sports game of the year!!!

# 45 green94 @ 12/17/08 09:40 PM
Guys - take the HDMI cable talk elsewhere!

Anyways, I'm not sure weather was confirmed anywhere so lets temper the enthusiasm a bit on that one - we can all hope, but if that were in I think I might create a self induced coma!!!

# 46 green94 @ 12/17/08 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
/sings a soothing song

-Kolbe
So..... Kolbe.............what's new?

# 47 SoxFan01605 @ 12/17/08 11:40 PM
Gotta say, I'm loving what I read. I'm really itching for more franchise detail now (this wass just a terrilbe tease). Now we just need all the Red Sox fans to share their versions of a "Yankees Suck" chant...lol

# 48 The Management @ 12/17/08 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Gotta say, I'm loving what I read. I'm really itching for more franchise detail now (this wass just a terrilbe tease). Now we just need all the Red Sox fans to share their versions of a "Yankees Suck" chant...lol
When CC, Wang, Joba, and AJ come to Fenway for a four game series they won't have much to say. Better get it in before opening day.

# 49 SoxFan01605 @ 12/17/08 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Management
When CC, Wang, Joba, and AJ come to Fenway for a four game series they won't have much to say. Better get it in before opening day.
lol...I'm sure we'll be terrified

I do agree you guys now actually have a rotation. Though I think ours isn't too shabby either

# 50 SoxFan01605 @ 12/17/08 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
haha get em management!! And when Youk comes to Yankee stadium, I'll program the crowd to say Yuckkkk!!!!
...lol, I would love this.

I'm for anything that is real. I want "enter Sandman" for Mo too. Sorry to stray from the rivalry bashing...lol. I just think this feature may have great possibilities for finally bringing the rivalry to the console

# 51 Tomba @ 12/18/08 12:03 AM
Transitional lighting was all that i wanted...bring on 09!

# 52 DubTrey1 @ 12/18/08 12:05 AM
Dare I say - MLB 09 will be the next gen equivelent to MVP...??? Sounds like it could be with some of the initial details we are hearing so far -

# 53 jaguar8311 @ 12/18/08 12:23 AM
Now lets get some proper player progression in Franchise Mode and this game will be 10/10

Last year, players developed uber power stats and nil contact attributes

# 54 The Management @ 12/18/08 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
The Yankees haven't won anything for about 9 years.... Who's gonna do all the hitting? CC will be the yanks best pitcher, wang will get hurt, joba is overrated, burnett got paid so he won't put in too much effort.....actually, I'm not too concerned about the yankees, I actually dislike the red sox more....go brewers! haha

# 55 magoo1967 @ 12/18/08 12:48 AM
Great info, sounds like we're in store for some amazing stuff from SCEA San Diego next year, I can't wait!!!

I just really don't understand why every year, when I see write ups and reviews of the latest batch of baseball titles, 9 times out of 10 the author feels the need to tell you how much he (or she) dislikes baseball. I am baffled by how unprofessional it is. I never see that in any reviews for other types of sports games (nothing against Golf, but it's a pretty slow moving game, yet even Tiger gets proper respect). Obviously the people that are interested in hearing about the game DO LIKE BASEBALL! The reviewer's job is to give us an overview of the game's details, frankly I don't give a crap about this person's personal feelings about the sport, it's really ridiculous.

Regardless, I was real happy to see some info about the game. December is usually when I start getting excited about the next MLB game, this sure kicked it off with a bang. Can't wait to hear more soon (hopefully).

# 56 theaub @ 12/18/08 01:25 AM
The most important thing about the arb is that, if implemented correctly, it'll stop guys like Pedroia, Hamels etc hitting FA before six years of service. In that case, I can live with the unrealistic contracts.

# 57 kizzle32 @ 12/18/08 01:35 AM
Oh my! My prayers have been answered! Pretty much everything that we asked for is coming this year! How amazing is that! Only thing I want to know is if there is a Homerun Derby, if my Belkin Wireless Router will work, and if Online Play has been given an overhaul! Wow, dammit! COME ON MARCH!!! I need a "Click" remote control to fast forward NOW!

# 58 scottmac @ 12/18/08 01:50 AM
I am not a huge baseball fan as I live in Australia where I dont get the chance too see many games on tv, and I cant wait for this game. 08 was excellent

I cant imagine how you guys are feeling waiting for the game, it looks like it is going to be amazing. I wish it would be released in Australia instead of buying overseas.

# 59 Infinite202 @ 12/18/08 02:13 AM
Woo hoo!

# 60 mlblover15 @ 12/18/08 07:27 AM
hmmmm sounds fanfreakingtasic... now to just find out about how deep stats go this year in franchise and if ill get my wish... but the rest of it sounds freaking amazing... but i can wait... if i know too much i will just drive myself nuts.. and some woudl say that i cant go much further over the line than i already have lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.