Home
News Post

UGO has posted their preview of MLB '09: The Show.

Quote:
"It’s probably best to get this out of the way from the outset: I am not a sports guy and if I were, baseball would still rank pretty low among my interests. This is important because I’m about to fill you readers in on preview time spent with Sony’s PlayStation 3-exclusive baseball sim MLB 09: The Show. And while it’s not going to change the opinions of those who prefer other sports or no sports at all, the 2009 edition of The Show looks as though it will offer a deeper, more fulfilling simulation than ever before, with the added benefit of amped up visuals and player-tailored features."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 SoxFan01605 @ 12/18/08 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
It looks Ok. The grass doesn't look that great and C.C. looks off too.
I agree. He looks too happy. Must not be the playoffs...lol

# 82 ckarlic @ 12/18/08 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Dang, look how real The Show looks this year! Great screenshot!
Hahahaha...yeah..it looks like they implemented weather this year from the looks of the clouds

# 83 gta95 @ 12/18/08 04:22 PM
His arms are too short.

# 84 MBMavs20 @ 12/18/08 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
Great info, sounds like we're in store for some amazing stuff from SCEA San Diego next year, I can't wait!!!

I just really don't understand why every year, when I see write ups and reviews of the latest batch of baseball titles, 9 times out of 10 the author feels the need to tell you how much he (or she) dislikes baseball. I am baffled by how unprofessional it is. I never see that in any reviews for other types of sports games (nothing against Golf, but it's a pretty slow moving game, yet even Tiger gets proper respect). Obviously the people that are interested in hearing about the game DO LIKE BASEBALL! The reviewer's job is to give us an overview of the game's details, frankly I don't give a crap about this person's personal feelings about the sport, it's really ridiculous.

Regardless, I was real happy to see some info about the game. December is usually when I start getting excited about the next MLB game, this sure kicked it off with a bang. Can't wait to hear more soon (hopefully).
How could you live in America and not like baseball? I always say that if you don't like baseball, then you don't understand it. Best game ever invented. A thinking man's game, which is why most Americans probably don't like it.

When my students ask me what my favorite sport is, and I tell them baseball, they look at me like I am an alien from another planet. I guess it's a generational thing. It must have been great to grow up back in the day, when every kid in America wanted to be a baseball player when the grew up. There wasn't any other major sport worth playing.

# 85 jpup @ 12/18/08 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20
How could you live in America and not like baseball? I always say that if you don't like baseball, then you don't understand it. Best game ever invented. A thinking man's game, which is why most Americans probably don't like it.

When my students ask me what my favorite sport is, and I tell them baseball, they look at me like I am an alien from another planet. I guess it's a generational thing. It must have been great to grow up back in the day, when every kid in America wanted to be a baseball player when the grew up. There wasn't any other major sport worth playing.
People that don't like baseball just don't understand it. Just as you said. It's the same reason I hate soccer, I think. I would rather watch anything.

# 86 The Management @ 12/18/08 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
time for me to start working on my bob shepard impression

"now batting #2...derek jeter...2b....jeter"
Keep working on it.

"Now batting, the shortstop, number 2, Derek Jeter, number 2"

# 87 Woodweaver @ 12/18/08 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
No, you hate soccer because you are not gay...

# 88 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/18/08 05:07 PM
Good read, very excited for the show as always. This is why I keep my PS3.

# 89 nemesis04 @ 12/18/08 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Good read, very excited for the show as always. This is why I keep my PS3.
You spelled field wrong in your avatar and I am pretty sure that is not a pic from the actual game. Just a heads up!

# 90 theaub @ 12/18/08 05:57 PM
Quote:
moron

# 91 Rob_NYY @ 12/18/08 06:10 PM
Quote:
I hope they have his windup in MLB 09 as good as 2K7 had it....
CC's pitching motion in The Show 08 and the prior games is hilarious. I can't even watch it without laughing. Who on earth did the mo-cap for that? Ray Charles? It's off in every way possible. There is no way a human being with functional eyes could watch CC pitch, then imitate it, and have it come out looking that terrible.

The Show has never been able to match the MLB 2K series when it comes to pitching motions, batting stances, and player rituals. It's not even close, 2K blows them out of the water. It's too bad the rest of 2K's game game sucks.

I wish there was a way to steal the stances and pitching motions from 2K and insert them into The Show.

# 92 countryboy @ 12/18/08 06:25 PM
Quote:
do us all a favor, next time you have a thought, just let it go. It'll be easier on all of us.

# 93 Shakedowncapo @ 12/18/08 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_NYY
CC's pitching motion in The Show 08 and the prior games is hilarious. I can't even watch it without laughing. Who on earth did the mo-cap for that? Ray Charles? It's off in every way possible. There is no way a human being with functional eyes could watch CC pitch, then imitate it, and have it come out looking that terrible.

The Show has never been able to match the MLB 2K series when it comes to pitching motions, batting stances, and player rituals. It's not even close, 2K blows them out of the water. It's too bad the rest of 2K's game game sucks.

I wish there was a way to steal the stances and pitching motions from 2K and insert them into The Show.
I would love an update of where they are at with stances/pitching motions.

# 94 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/18/08 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBMavs20

Well said!

# 95 Knight165 @ 12/18/08 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
all I'm waiting on is to here they have:

Waivers
Option years for minor leaguers
Rule 5 draft

And I'll be happy as can be.
Kolbe

If you can sing a soothing hymn to this.....I think that would do it....a complete breakdown for some of us......
I'm willing to take it though.

M.K.
Knight165

# 96 Chizzypoof @ 12/18/08 07:07 PM
Sounds good. Day to night transition should be fun to see.

# 97 countryboy @ 12/18/08 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Kolbe

If you can sing a soothing hymn to this.....I think that would do it....a complete breakdown for some of us......

M.K.
Knight165

me too. Come on Kolbe, sing that tune...

# 98 RoyalBoyle78 @ 12/18/08 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
You spelled field wrong in your avatar and I am pretty sure that is not a pic from the actual game. Just a heads up!
I'll fix, thanks.

# 99 SoxFan01605 @ 12/18/08 07:37 PM
Quote:
Kolbe

M.K.
Knight165
Agreed. A soothing hymn on this would be swell...lol.

# 100 Kolbe @ 12/18/08 07:49 PM
Quote:
Kolbe

M.K.
Knight165
The song has a few more verses than what you've listed.

-Kolbe

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.