Home
News Post

ESPN Videogames have posted their exclusive first look at MLB '09: The Show, including some new screenshots.

Quote:
"Think A-Rod chokes in the clutch? Ever shout "Dodgers suck!" or yell "Drewwwwwww" when J.D. walks up to the plate? MLB 09 is about to bring out the crazed fan in all of us as not only can you record your voice screaming anything from "Where's Madonna?" to "we want a pitcher not a belly itcher" and put it in the game thanks to peripherals like the Rock Band mic and wireless headset, the fan yells will sound like your voice actually coming from the stands. You can even assign the recordings to be part of a chant and your voice will be put through a new process so that it sounds more like a crowd chanting "over-rated" and not just a single person yelling."

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsb13
Looks like I'm gonna be stuck with the PS2 version again

I wonder if ANY of these features will make into the PS2 version. I atleast hope the higher difficulty level is.
No....
If you have to ....rob a bodega.......ANYTHING!

M.K.
Knight165

# 22 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
I'm definitely liking the idea of dynamic fielding....it'll be nice knowing as a hitter that not every ball will be fielded perfectly...
Yeah me too..brings the unpredictability to the game. I like it!!!!!

# 23 jpup @ 12/19/08 12:04 PM
Quote:
I just dont play games enough anymore to justify owning a PS3. Sometimes I go weeks without playing. MLB The Show is about the only game I would want for it and thats just not enough.
yes it is.

# 24 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 12:05 PM
Quote:
I just dont play games enough anymore to justify owning a PS3. Sometimes I go weeks without playing. MLB The Show is about the only game I would want for it and thats just not enough.
It is trust me...Also, Blu Ray movies kick ***!!!!!!

# 25 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/08 12:07 PM
Quote:
Trust me ... it is. You would play the game all day every day. For the whole year until the new one is out.

It is that darn good!

# 26 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 12:07 PM
Wow...this thread is growing soo damn fast!!! Sure sign that we are all psyched for this game. GREAT JOB SCEA!!!!!!!

# 27 RAZRr1275 @ 12/19/08 12:08 PM
This is awesome

# 28 Knight165 @ 12/19/08 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Wow...this thread is growing soo damn fast!!! Sure sign that we are all psyched for this game. GREAT JOB SCEA!!!!!!!

Right.
It's like putting some food in a fish tank after not feeding them for 2 weeks...............
..........FRENZY!

M.K.
Knight165

# 29 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Right.
It's like putting some food in a fish tank after not feeding them for 2 weeks...............
..........FRENZY!

M.K.
Knight165
Hahahahha..great anolgy I wonder what Chris and Kolbe are doing right now?

# 30 EnigmaNemesis @ 12/19/08 12:12 PM
Quote:
Not only will the game support Online Season Leagues with fully functional drafts, Sony has also added flex scheduling so gamers can jump ahead and play games out of order depending on which opponents are online. Up to 30 teams can participate and the mode includes full stat tracking and customization down to number of teams and games in the schedule.
This is AWESOME news ... lets hope the lag is fixed and custom camera options, and it will be FANTASTIC!

# 31 PsychoBulk @ 12/19/08 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Hahahahha..great anolgy I wonder what Chris and Kolbe are doing right now?
Laughing at the plebs on OS getting so excited by a handful of screenies i imagine

# 32 bodhiball @ 12/19/08 12:19 PM
all the stuff we can do to add crowd calls and actually turn them into CHANTS is amazing!!!! I am going to have some fun with that!

And not just walk up music, but it sounds like we can play music at certain points in the game (Yankee chimes at a homerun, "O" say can you see at the 7th inning in Baltimore, Dirty Water at a Sox victory)

Have any of you guys decoded what they mean yet when they say the crowd will dress according to the weather, and yet no one has stated that there actually IS weather in the game?

okay...and my ONE dissapointed child complaint....I dont see or hear anything about ACCESSORIES. I know it seems small, but as a big "accurate-roster" guy, I love to be able to really distinguish between the players gear, eye black, glove colors, etc.

With all the new stuff, I can obviously get over it...but accessories would have been awesome.

# 33 zippy2212 @ 12/19/08 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Laughing at the plebs on OS getting so excited by a handful of screenies i imagine
My only problem with seeing this is now I don't want to play 08 anymore I want 09!

# 34 ckarlic @ 12/19/08 12:30 PM
"PlayMaker Fielding -- Based on fielding attributes, but it's ultimately up to each player to decide how to play to each team's strengths and weaknesses. Excellent fielders will track down the ball for you while sub-par fielders will require some concentration."

Maybe we will see more base hits into the outfield gaps and balls hit over the outfielder's heads and reach.

# 35 bodhiball @ 12/19/08 12:35 PM
"Additionally, Pitcher Confidence plays a role in a gamer's ability to hit release points in the all-new pitch meter,"

there's an ALL NEW pitch meter??

# 36 The Management @ 12/19/08 12:37 PM
I like all the features but it looks exactly the same (lighting aside).

They also got the padding color of the new Yankee Stadium wrong. It's dark blue this year.

I'll wait for some high resolution pics.

# 37 countryboy @ 12/19/08 12:38 PM
lol

I got excited when I read about the Waiver wire and Sept callups that I was cheering and dancing in my office, when one my co-workers walked in looked at me, gave a funny look, and walked out.

I tell you what, I was getting jiggy with it.

# 38 baseball88 @ 12/19/08 12:41 PM
I notice they have markings on the cleats instead of being blank. Too bad they are not nike, reebok, or any others.

I hope they have eye black and glasses for the players that wear them.
I also hope they leave out the blocked out players that we can edit the name of the players for 09. I hope they have the right colors for the uniforms this year especially Cleveland and Atlanta for the dark blues and the red bill on the home batting helmet.

# 39 The Management @ 12/19/08 12:41 PM
It'd be cool to randomize the fan action so it's not always "the guy in the blue shirt stands up all over the stadium". I don't mean to have individual actions for all the fans, just randomize who is doing it what. So if you have a bunch of fans standing up folding their arms, it's different people. Just a thought.

# 40 BigBlue @ 12/19/08 12:44 PM
Pretty weird seeing pinstripes and facial hair (Nick Swisher). I know Giambi had the mustache, but I'm pretty sure that Swisher's chin hair will have to go officially.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.