Home
News Post

It is that time of year again. Time to go Bowling.

The best day/week in sports is nearly upon us. And while I hate to overlook Christmas, my favorite childhood holiday, I cannot help but feel giddy about New Year’s Day, and the veritable football feast that it will provide. New Year’s has clearly taken over Christmas in my mind, and college football is the reason why -- outdoor hockey is becoming a close second.

To prepare for this wonderful, wonderful day, I think it is appropriate to let my favorite sports game offer a possible glimpse of things to come. Thus, I spent some time watching NCAA Football 09 simulate through the four BCS bowls and the BCS National Championship game. If any of you are gamblers, I would throw these results right out the window -- as well as my corresponding predictions. But it was an interesting ride, nonetheless.

Read More - NCAA Football 09 Predicts the BCS Bowls

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cdenz @ 12/30/08 04:30 PM
sugar bowl is Alabama and Utah

# 2 raidersbball20 @ 12/30/08 06:03 PM
National Championship looks like a reasonable score

# 3 Jinto @ 12/31/08 09:32 AM
Rose Bowl: USC 24, Penn State 21
Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech 21, Cincinnati 35
Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State 35, Texas 31
BCS National Championship Game: Oklahoma 35, Florida 42

Sugar Bowl

You got to be kidding me BUT in EAs stupidity the Bama roster looks nothing like the real one which has Grant the Start WR and Jones has a ok WR when hes better than show in the VG then theres the defense which has a lot of players as 4th string when they start in real life

Sugar Bowl: Utah 10, Alabama 35

# 4 rudyjuly2 @ 12/31/08 10:24 AM
Those predictions aren't very good. Bama scores 0 points on Utah? No chance in hell that's happening. Very low scores too.

Considering Florida scored at least 30 points on every SEC opponent, I don't know how the defensively challenged Big 12 Champion is going to hold them to 17. That game will be a shootout.

# 5 teebee @ 12/31/08 12:37 PM
Both Utah and Bama's rosters don't correctly resemble their real life counterparts, Utah has serious speed especially on defense which isn't reflected in the game. Bama was very young coming into this season so they don't have very high ratings either, both teams really should have been adjusted with a mid season ratings adjustment honestly

Utah 28, Bama 21

# 6 youALREADYknow @ 12/31/08 12:52 PM
I'm guessing these were default rosters, default sliders, 5 min quarters, and using CPU/CPU. I can guarantee terrible results if that was the case.

Either way, now everyone sees how bad the gameplay is when the AI is left alone on default settings.

# 7 teebee @ 01/03/09 01:42 PM
REEEEAL good prediction, 38-10 Bama, don't quit your day job Wil, keep flipping those burgers

# 8 Travis40 @ 01/04/09 12:18 AM
Quote:
The Sooners drew first blood with a 31-yard Jimmy Stevens field goal
He can't hit an extra point. What makes you think he can hit a 31 yarder?

Quote:
But, Florida dual-threat QB Tim Tebow would not be outdone in the pick department, throwing an errant lame duck into the hands of Sooner defensive back Jonathan Nelson
Who in the hell is Jonathan Nelson?

The picks have been accurate so far. Hopefully they'll stay that way.

# 9 FredoXV @ 01/06/09 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
REEEEAL good prediction, 38-10 Bama, don't quit your day job Wil, keep flipping those burgers
lol - I don't plan on it. Thankfully, I don't bet on my hunches.

# 10 FredoXV @ 01/06/09 10:52 AM
Although, my picks are 50% against the spread right now, so pending the outcome of tomorrow night's game, maybe I will become a professional handicapper. 60% against the spread is not a bad record.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.