Home
News Post

Check out the official box art for MLB 09 The Show, taken from EB Games.

MLB '09: The Show screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 JT30 @ 01/09/09 07:34 PM
Yes here we are..lol. Well in any event, we can agree to disagree. I was simply using the argument about Arods numbers not being up to Pujol's numbers based on the leagues they play in. I guess until Pujols gets traded to the AL and Arod to the NL, we can argue about this for days... but I have better things to do

# 62 JT30 @ 01/09/09 07:37 PM
But on another note, being a Sox fan.. I would have gladly accepted Pujols on the cover of The Show 09 rather than Arod... anytime But I still think Arod is the best all around player in baseball.

# 63 countryboy @ 01/09/09 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
Changing subjects? Huh? You just made a point saying the NL has as good or better pitching than the AL. You also said Pujols doesnt play in an inferior league, when that simply isnt the case. The NL is not even close to the AL.. and the only way we can compare that is by interleague play. So when Arod's number's may not be "as good" as Pujols when it comes to hitting... did you ever think that maybe AL pitching had something had to do with it?
then how do you explain Pujols' .344 batting average in interleague play and his .429 batting average in the All Star game?

And I don't believe the NL is inferior to the AL. You make it seem as though Pujols doesn't face any tough pitchers in the NL and thats not true. Who had the ML strikeout leader last year and the runner up? Who had 3 of the top 5 pitchers in the majors in terms of lowest ERA?

I know, you're going to argue that DH vs pitcher, but thats such a small sample especially when pitchers are pinch hit for or bunt runners over. In my opinion, it pretty much equals out. And lets leave those 2 postitions out for a moment, what about the other 8 guys in the lineup? Don't they account for anything? Are there no good hitters in the NL?

# 64 JT30 @ 01/09/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
then how do you explain Pujols' .344 batting average in interleague play and his .429 batting average in the All Star game?

And I don't believe the NL is inferior to the AL. You make it seem as though Pujols doesn't face any tough pitchers in the NL and thats not true. Who had the ML strikeout leader last year and the runner up? Who had 3 of the top 5 pitchers in the majors in terms of lowest ERA?

I know, you're going to argue that DH vs pitcher, but thats such a small sample especially when pitchers are pinch hit for or bunt runners over. In my opinion, it pretty much equals out. And lets leave those 2 postitions out for a moment, what about the other 8 guys in the lineup? Don't they account for anything? Are there no good hitters in the NL?
No, I am not gonna argue about the DH vs pitcher thing, but if you really, honestly think that the NL is as good as the AL.. more power to you, because I must be watching a different game.

# 65 countryboy @ 01/09/09 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT30
No, I am not gonna argue about the DH vs pitcher thing, but if you really, honestly think that the NL is as good as the AL.. more power to you, because I must be watching a different game.
I guess.

# 66 nemesis04 @ 01/09/09 08:35 PM
...Checks box art thread...

# 67 countryboy @ 01/09/09 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
ahh.. we're just having a friendly discussion.

# 68 RAZRr1275 @ 01/09/09 08:56 PM
Pretty nice

# 69 kennyacid @ 01/09/09 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

# 70 bxpapito @ 01/10/09 03:12 AM
PEdroia Is a great Player ... He deserves it =] ... Nice shot BTW

# 71 Diablo25 @ 01/10/09 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
Okay, couple things...
3. The guy saying Pujols is the best player in baseball is ignorant. The guy is amazing, but he is a one-trick pony (he's a hitter). Not like the guy is a 5-tool player, all he really does exceptionally is hit. I could name at least 5 better overall players...
My new ridiculous statement of the year has arrived. It is early but it just might have staying power. Five better players than Albert? One trick pony? Wow. To each his own I guess.

BTW, congrats to Pedroia.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.