Home
News Post

Now that the dust has settled and a new National Champion has been crowned, college football fans now face a harsh truth: We must endure the long, prosaic, football-less interim until the 2009 season kicks off in August.

For many of us, the culmination of the real-life NCAA football season signals the demise of the annual love affair with EA Sportsí NCAA Football, and shifts the focus to the future. While the introduction of the Online Dynasty mode will likely give NCAA 09 some added momentum this year, many gamers -- if they have not already -- will begin to discuss the new features and improvements the 2010 version will bring to the table.

There is already a lengthy NCAA Football 10 wish-list thread here on OS, but I felt it was time to begin the consolidation process.

Read More - NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 nine0bison @ 01/15/09 02:51 PM
Maybe even unlockable unis via achievements.
 
# 82 jtkelly78 @ 01/15/09 03:56 PM
There is NO way EA is not aware of the I-AA cries. I'd like to see create-a-school, i-aa teams. Also, not sure how much "room" is available on the disc or whatever but a AA game on disc (or seperate) where you can import teams (FBS invite, etc) would be cool.

Stadium upgrades, bowl win money (for improving facilities and getting your star RB out of jail.)

Also, end zone art and if you get conference invite how about putting the new conference logo on the field.

Oh and cheerleader customization
 
# 83 thmst30 @ 01/15/09 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkelly78
There is NO way EA is not aware of the I-AA cries. I'd like to see create-a-school, i-aa teams. Also, not sure how much "room" is available on the disc or whatever but a AA game on disc (or seperate) where you can import teams (FBS invite, etc) would be cool.

Stadium upgrades, bowl win money (for improving facilities and getting your star RB out of jail.)

Also, end zone art and if you get conference invite how about putting the new conference logo on the field.

Oh and cheerleader customization
Oh they are very aware of the 1-AA cries, they just don't seem to care. That or they don't want to have to do the work to get them in. Its already 99% confirmed they aren't in this year, and that the team doesn't have any idea of when they may actually try to put them back in.
 
# 84 munson11 @ 01/15/09 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Oh they are very aware of the 1-AA cries, they just don't seem to care. That or they don't want to have to do the work to get them in. Its already 99% confirmed they aren't in this year, and that the team doesn't have any idea of when they may actually try to put them back in.
This is a huge disappointment. Care to post a link where this is said? I don't really want to believe it until I see it...
 
# 85 BoomerSooner11 @ 01/15/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Oh they are very aware of the 1-AA cries, they just don't seem to care. That or they don't want to have to do the work to get them in. Its already 99% confirmed they aren't in this year, and that the team doesn't have any idea of when they may actually try to put them back in.
We will have to see..im afraid if it's not in this year..which is probably most likely gunna happen..and in 11 they don't say anything whatsoever..then I don't know..cause it would really really be ****ty of them if they didn't give us any word about the issue with the 1-AA teams.
 
# 86 thmst30 @ 01/15/09 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by munson11
This is a huge disappointment. Care to post a link where this is said? I don't really want to believe it until I see it...
Just reading throughout this thread he hints many times at the fact that they did not work on 1-AA this year.
http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...postcount=1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSouthern
Greg,(FCS TEAMS)
...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)...(FCS TEAMS)


I think I get the message, lol.

We do want to get these teams represented in our next-gen titles; unfortunately, I can't promise when this will occur. I'm sorry.

Thanks for your enthusiasm for our product and for your feedback!
 
# 87 BoomerSooner11 @ 01/15/09 07:41 PM
Figures.
 
# 88 shsboiballa13 @ 01/15/09 08:08 PM
i think you have historical program and gateway to pros in the program prestige and the pro pitch think i forgot the name since NCAA 09 has been on my shelf since Thanksgiving
 
# 89 nexdawg @ 01/15/09 09:03 PM
Very good input but heres 1 i read that is such a good idea i have 2 bring it up and it is attributes 4 coaches! Some coaches are clearly better than others and that should b reflected in the game! some r better @ in game adjustment some r better recuirters and stuff like that
 
# 90 green94 @ 01/15/09 09:15 PM
Online dynasty coaching changes!
 
# 91 JAYMO76 @ 01/15/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Oh they are very aware of the 1-AA cries, they just don't seem to care. That or they don't want to have to do the work to get them in. Its already 99% confirmed they aren't in this year, and that the team doesn't have any idea of when they may actually try to put them back in.

FCS is out for 2010... I would guarantee it. However, I think it's a good bet to expect CAS... even if it's a wattered down version.

Shame on you EA... FCS is a requirement NOT an option!!!
 
# 92 flordiagators @ 01/16/09 03:51 AM
i agree they need to add create a school and a playbook...so people can run the wildcat and i was useing florida and they have the shuffel pass kinda were the tight end comes across the line and tebow pitches it to him they need more plays like that

When createing a player you should be able to do more like pick a mouth piece color, pads, everthing and make it where you can transfer during the campus thing

EA is the best at creating video games they need to step up some more for me
 
# 93 BoomerSooner11 @ 01/16/09 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
FCS is out for 2010... I would guarantee it. However, I think it's a good bet to expect CAS... even if it's a wattered down version.

Shame on you EA... FCS is a requirement NOT an option!!!
Don't guarantee it..lol..there must be some hope..lol.
 
# 94 Qjette11 @ 01/16/09 08:26 PM
PLEASE!!! Put in Create a playbook where you can choose a formation from certain teams playbooks and have those formations and the plays in those formations in your playbook. This would make the game more creative and .
 
# 95 SHO @ 01/16/09 09:37 PM
Make the game balanced for offense and defense. - I know NCAA/Madden are offensively geared, but 09 was obsurdly catered to the offense. There is no pass rush and the QB has all day to throw, and the defensive players play their assignments poorly. The offensive players on average are much faster than the defense even though in HS kids at linebacker and running back run similar 40-yard times (around 4.6 IRL). But there are tons for 4.2 RBs in the game, and the fastest linebacker runs 4.37-4.4. There aren't really athletes as recruits, they can only work in one or two positions (commonly CB and FS). You can't move them around like you are led to believe.

Allow for more team makeups to flourish - Yes, we know a lot of the big schools are moving to it. However, the way the game is set up is SPD + spread option = money. Running a two-back, I-Form offense a la Wisconsin is really an effort in futility if one wants to succeed. I'm in three online dynasties right now and every single one of the people in them play with the spread offense. I hate the spread offense and I love to pound the rock, but I am forced to run some variant of it in order to compete because the game only rewards speed and neglects other factors like strength and stamina. Power football is impossible - wearing down the defense in non-existant unless you run the no-huddle. And smaller players have no trouble tackling bigger backs. The power backs go down too easily in this game, again giving people no incentive to actively pursue them. Lighter, faster teams should get worn out when I'm jamming PJ Hill or Javon Ringer down their throat 30+ times a game.
 
# 96 JAYMO76 @ 01/17/09 01:36 AM
Formation subs is huge. I really want the Madden playcall screen, intact with formation subs for 2010.
 
# 97 royalpt7 @ 01/17/09 11:59 PM
How about a streamlined recruiting process in Dynasty mode. Man that crap just takes entirely too long in 09. It makes you just want to simulate the off season and that used to be one of the best aspects of the game on PS2
 
# 98 stoncold32 @ 01/18/09 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Formation subs is huge. I really want the Madden playcall screen, intact with formation subs for 2010.
I'm pretty sure formation subs WON'T be in either based on a post I read over on NCAA strategies. He kept saying like, "it was something they'd like to get in there in the future".

I'll be madder than a fireant if I have to buy the PS2 version this year in order to play a decent game of football.

I've come to realize, that EA wants us to catch their MISTAKES(ie. stadium corrections, jerseys, glitches, freezes, etc.) but they don't want our ideas for improvement because they have their own "priorities".

If we hear in the near future that these basic things still arent fixed, I REALLY wish we could get a group of us to ban together and NOT buy this game the first week. If you wanna break down and buy it afterwards, fine, but at least hold out the first week and let them see the lack of 1st week sales.
 
# 99 jaydee6385 @ 01/18/09 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm pretty sure formation subs WON'T be in either based on a post I read over on NCAA strategies. He kept saying like, "it was something they'd like to get in there in the future".

I'll be madder than a fireant if I have to buy the PS2 version this year in order to play a decent game of football.

I've come to realize, that EA wants us to catch their MISTAKES(ie. stadium corrections, jerseys, glitches, freezes, etc.) but they don't want our ideas for improvement because they have their own "priorities".

If we hear in the near future that these basic things still arent fixed, I REALLY wish we could get a group of us to ban together and NOT buy this game the first week. If you wanna break down and buy it afterwards, fine, but at least hold out the first week and let them see the lack of 1st week sales.

Yeah I agree with ya'.
If there aren't any real vast improvements that I see or hear about. I'm gonna hold out. Better come through EA!
 
# 100 JAYMO76 @ 01/18/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I'm pretty sure formation subs WON'T be in either based on a post I read over on NCAA strategies. He kept saying like, "it was something they'd like to get in there in the future".

I'll be madder than a fireant if I have to buy the PS2 version this year in order to play a decent game of football.

I've come to realize, that EA wants us to catch their MISTAKES(ie. stadium corrections, jerseys, glitches, freezes, etc.) but they don't want our ideas for improvement because they have their own "priorities".

If we hear in the near future that these basic things still arent fixed, I REALLY wish we could get a group of us to ban together and NOT buy this game the first week. If you wanna break down and buy it afterwards, fine, but at least hold out the first week and let them see the lack of 1st week sales.
The last paragraph says it all... we need to make a stand if 2010 is a let down again. Maybe just maybe low first week numbers might send a message that will actually be heard?

Anyways, I still keep my finger crossed for good things in 2010.
 


Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.