Home
News Post

Now that the dust has settled and a new National Champion has been crowned, college football fans now face a harsh truth: We must endure the long, prosaic, football-less interim until the 2009 season kicks off in August.

For many of us, the culmination of the real-life NCAA football season signals the demise of the annual love affair with EA Sports’ NCAA Football, and shifts the focus to the future. While the introduction of the Online Dynasty mode will likely give NCAA 09 some added momentum this year, many gamers -- if they have not already -- will begin to discuss the new features and improvements the 2010 version will bring to the table.

There is already a lengthy NCAA Football 10 wish-list thread here on OS, but I felt it was time to begin the consolidation process.

Read More - NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 BoomerSooner11 @ 01/18/09 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
The last paragraph says it all... we need to make a stand if 2010 is a let down again. Maybe just maybe low first week numbers might send a message that will actually be heard?

Anyways, I still keep my finger crossed for good things in 2010.
We all need to keep our fingers crossed..lol.

# 102 krc1130 @ 01/18/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Formation subs is huge. I really want the Madden playcall screen, intact with formation subs for 2010.
I actually dont like the formation subs for Madden 09 or the playcall screen. Take the formation subs from PS2 and for the playcalling screen use all the fluff the madden one has BUT DONT make it take up the ENTIRE screen that really detracts from the football experience

# 103 stoncold32 @ 01/18/09 11:25 PM
Quote:
The last paragraph says it all... we need to make a stand if 2010 is a let down again. Maybe just maybe low first week numbers might send a message that will actually be heard?

Anyways, I still keep my finger crossed for good things in 2010.
You're talking about next year, I'm talking about NOW. lol We'll know in plenty of enough time if this stuff is fixed for '10....unless EA chooses to not give out any info until the last minute....which if they do that, then we'll know something is awry.

I'm already on record for saying I'm not buying this game unless there are some major changes, and I stand by that. I'd rather not play anything than spend money on something that's going to make me want to break my controller.

# 104 kennethxD @ 01/19/09 11:38 AM
Mmkay. This may be silly....but...I WANT ARMY's CAMO UNIFORMS BABY! OHH YEAH!

# 105 cowboy_kmoney @ 01/19/09 04:28 PM
Well in real football at the end of the season we fine out who's staying or going, But for those that are going are the ones that feel as though they are ready for the next level or are graduateing and have no choice in staying to get there skills better for the NFL.So my point is that we are forced to draft only the ones EA sends to Madden.WHY NOT SEND THE WHOLE LIST OF PLAYERS LEAVING AND GRADUATEING ALONG WITH THERE STATS AND A INJURIE REPORT ON EVERY PLAYER THAT HAS SUFFERED FROM A MAJOR INJURIE WHILE IN SCHOOL.By doing this it will open up the minds of all that is trying to find that needle in a hatstack..Also it will give the little guys a look see,COME ON IN DIV II SCHOOLS

# 106 StarnugskiN @ 01/20/09 12:53 AM
I'm all for better presentation, more gripping animations on defense and offense and a better balance of passing on both sides of the ball, but when will EA break away from their regular player/team stats? I'd rather they take out some of the extensive stats and replace them with ones that will actually physically change the player/team/gameplay.

I'm waiting for the day when we get a football game that involves realistic turn-the-tide momentum. I'm tired of playing games where the cpu tries to "will" its team by completing insane passes and unstoppable runs. If you have a team shutdown, there's no reason for this.

I think they should also transfer the drills in madden 09 and add more specific ones for college. Execution to offset penalties in a game, down-field blocking. These guys are tuning their skill every week in practice why can't we do the same? Sorry for the rant, but it is my first post.

# 107 trb @ 01/20/09 11:52 AM
Include a post season playoff option in dynasty mode. Eight, 12 or 16 teams -- it doesn't matter. Just give me the option to ditch the sucky BCS.

The game included a playoff a few years back. What happened to it?

# 108 big dog 317 @ 01/20/09 02:59 PM
I would like to canceled games because of weather
And fcs team and pre and post game comments from commentatoros and players or coaches

# 109 TylerDurdenVol @ 01/21/09 02:17 PM
Realistic field degredation would be great.I also wish the game speed was just a tad faster and smoother.JMO

# 110 thmst30 @ 01/21/09 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I come on here from time to time to see if there is any NEW and POSITIVE feedback from developers etc.

But as far as footbal;l games go...EA is a complete failure at trying to simulate the game we all love. I read all the suggestions from users and then i think back to last year, the year before etc. ALL THE SAME REQUESTS!!!!

EA doess not listen, DEVELOPERS on here or not. EA does not care. (and if they come here and say they do...100% lies). EA ALREADY knows what they are planning for 2010 and MAYBE 5% of our suggestions are even in the cards.

They care about 2 things ...1- $$$ 2- New CASUAL players who dont want SIM but just want a ton of points and NO challenge.

MAYBE 2010 is better, but after a month the SAME crap we have had will surface and we are back to square one.

EA blows, plain and simple. I have NOT played a GOOD/GREAT football sim (NCAA or NFL) in now going on 4 yrs. And i don not see anything changing in 2010. Crying shame as this USED to be THEE title i looked forward to the most and gave me many hours of good times......

EA CAN make GREAT games. (NHL 09 and FIFA.)
How is this trolling? Its just the sad truth, with a ton of spelling errors.

# 111 LunchBox Legend @ 01/22/09 12:06 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but my wish is that one year they'll add something like a coaching dynasty. One were you start out as a position coach and work your way through the small schools to a coordinator position and then finally a head coaching position. I would also like it where if you're a DLine coach then you only play defense and you have to control a DLineman. Granted that would suck if you were an OLine coach, so perhaps offense could work a little different.

Would this kinda mode be something anyone else is interested in?

I would also like to be able to upgrade smaller schools with bigger stadiums or weight rooms as you bring them up from the bottom ranks into the elite ranks.

# 112 LunchBox Legend @ 01/22/09 12:37 AM
Another thing I remebered wanting for years is the ability to save in the middle of a game. Sometimes I only have twenty or so minutes to play and I want to get some football in but can't because I don't have time for a full game. Also, in my dynasty I like to run 7-8 minute quarters but then I need at least an hour to complete a game.

# 113 vantagesc @ 01/22/09 02:25 PM
More personnel packages / player rotations. I may want to run certain linebackers in the nickel vs. the 4-3, but there's no easy way to do this.

Also, my team has a 3 running back rotation, and there's no easy way to do this either, other than manually subing before each play.

# 114 b1sh0p @ 01/24/09 05:15 AM
Add drills for dynasty and campus legend

Add more to the campus legend mode. 1) Why is it that ONLY the CB can see the entire field while if you select other position you can only see a small section. 2) Funny how the O-line zero in on your legend and leave all DBs free to sack the qb. 3) Try the RPG approach. I can play campus legend for HOURS.

Formation subs.

Every college football team does not run the dang option, every other dang play from the AI is an option. C’mon and get over it.

AI should not run the ball all of the time when it’s late in the 4th qtr and the AI is down by a few scores…AI should AIR IT OUT…but instead here comes another option run from the team that is down by 7 or more.

Add more camera views

Save in the middle of a game!

# 115 TrapStar215 @ 01/25/09 01:59 AM
I think it will be pretty nice if that add the Senior Bowl for Campus Legend(if they still have it) and Dynasty. Such as, Once the season and everything is over and you can play it if a couple of players from your team are seniors. To help there draft stock when you import it to madden.

# 116 utkevin @ 01/25/09 07:57 AM
Real coaching. Make the game establish a school program and tradition. Hire and fire head and position coaches. Specialize the coaches to run certain schemes. If I hire a offensive coordinator that specializes in option offense, I should have a penalty if my team runs west coast and a boost when my team runs option. Players only progress at the level of talent the coaches posses. Add more sim life to the game. Win games and there is more money available to build things on campus. Buy a house and cars if I am a coach. Buy new clothes. Attract better coaches with more money to hire. New facilities. New Stadium. Punish players that do not keep their grades up. Hire Strength coach.

# 117 jdrhammer @ 01/25/09 10:22 AM
Just played '05 last night. I haven't played a last gen game since the '07 version. I had forgotten how many options or nice features were left out.

First off, I've said it several times but the rotation of the football on passes needs to be added back. The knuckle ball is crap.

DB's actually gathered themselves and would turn and jump off two feet to bat down a pass as opposed to the constant one-footed ballet crap we get each time now.

Also, DB's and LB's weren't didn't have the ability to "warp" into a passing lane to pick off a pass. It was pretty simple, if a pass was too high, they couldn't get to it and were burned. Some of this is to blame for the horrible trajectory we have on passes now. They are way too flat.

There has to be a problem with the way defenders cover plays now. It's like the offense is playing on flat ground but the defense is playing on a hill that is the angle of the field. This needs to be fixed.

QB's dropping the ball in between holes in zones as opposed to throwing bullets each pass. Also, QB throwing motions were much, much smoother in '05 They looked better.

QB's would actually have their passes altered if they were hit while throwing. These ball physics were also much better. Now they just get sucked in if a defender is close. This has to be addressed.

I think there are several good tackle and catch animations that we don't see any more.

I totally forgot how cool the playcall screens were that showed both teams' yardage, TOP etc. Quick stat lines were cool too. How did EA lose all this??? This kills me.

Plays were much easier to see during the playcall screen as well.

I went back to create-a-school. There should be a way we have every school's colors, font's, templates, etc and be able to choose them and build uni's. There should be an editor for curretnt teams as well. It was so cool to finally see my team in the right colored pants and shoes. Even though I had to create them.

Another option that should come for create-a-school. I should be able to use a school's uni's and tweak them. I should also be able to transfer a school's roster to my create-a-team roster. Everyone is supposedly random so there ar no rights that should stop this. The transfer a player is another great option that would go well with the new version.

I know EA got behind when they moved to next-gen but they should be busting it to get us the quality we had. There are some new features that are very good and helpful but overall, from a football standpoint, EA has fallen so far behind.

Seriously, all last-gen features need to be added to the new version and continue to build on it.

AI is soooo much better on last gen as well.

# 118 stoncold32 @ 01/25/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
I think it will be pretty nice if that add the Senior Bowl for Campus Legend(if they still have it) and Dynasty. Such as, Once the season and everything is over and you can play it if a couple of players from your team are seniors. To help there draft stock when you import it to madden.
Yeah it would be nice if they did, like they had back on PS1 days. Isn't that a shame? A freakin PS1 game had features that we still can't get now.

I asked the EA guy on ncaastrategies about that, and he said, "that's not a high priority, so more than likely they won't be implementing that." You can add a mascot game, but not a generic senior bowl.

# 119 stoncold32 @ 01/25/09 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Just played '05 last night. I haven't played a last gen game since the '07 version. I had forgotten how many options or nice features were left out.

First off, I've said it several times but the rotation of the football on passes needs to be added back. The knuckle ball is crap.

DB's actually gathered themselves and would turn and jump off two feet to bat down a pass as opposed to the constant one-footed ballet crap we get each time now.

Also, DB's and LB's weren't didn't have the ability to "warp" into a passing lane to pick off a pass. It was pretty simple, if a pass was too high, they couldn't get to it and were burned. Some of this is to blame for the horrible trajectory we have on passes now. They are way too flat.

There has to be a problem with the way defenders cover plays now. It's like the offense is playing on flat ground but the defense is playing on a hill that is the angle of the field. This needs to be fixed.

QB's dropping the ball in between holes in zones as opposed to throwing bullets each pass. Also, QB throwing motions were much, much smoother in '05 They looked better.

QB's would actually have their passes altered if they were hit while throwing. These ball physics were also much better. Now they just get sucked in if a defender is close. This has to be addressed.

I think there are several good tackle and catch animations that we don't see any more.

I totally forgot how cool the playcall screens were that showed both teams' yardage, TOP etc. Quick stat lines were cool too. How did EA lose all this??? This kills me.

Plays were much easier to see during the playcall screen as well.

I went back to create-a-school. There should be a way we have every school's colors, font's, templates, etc and be able to choose them and build uni's. There should be an editor for curretnt teams as well. It was so cool to finally see my team in the right colored pants and shoes. Even though I had to create them.

Another option that should come for create-a-school. I should be able to use a school's uni's and tweak them. I should also be able to transfer a school's roster to my create-a-team roster. Everyone is supposedly random so there ar no rights that should stop this. The transfer a player is another great option that would go well with the new version.

I know EA got behind when they moved to next-gen but they should be busting it to get us the quality we had. There are some new features that are very good and helpful but overall, from a football standpoint, EA has fallen so far behind.

Seriously, all last-gen features need to be added to the new version and continue to build on it.

AI is soooo much better on last gen as well.
Bingo on everything you listed! And I thought '05 was a TERRIBLE game, but yet it still had better stuff than '09 had. That's why I've said '09 is in a close running for the worst game in this series IMO.

But I digress. It really is a shame that we "lost" all these features when coming over to next-gen gen, but then somehow the same old problems manage to port themselves over.

What's funny(or rather sad) is that so much of the stuff that last gen has carried over from WAY back from Genesis, to PS1, to then PS2.....then it somehow got lost coming to 360/PS3. I would've never imagined that QB-auto throw would be something people would be asking to have back in a game....that was a GIVEN for so many years, as was stuff like end-zone art.
That's like buying a nice new coat and no longer getting the extra buttons.

# 120 Maxattax3 @ 01/25/09 09:37 PM
they are going to fix Online Dynasty right? The players leaving and the conference invites?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.