Home
News Post

Now that the dust has settled and a new National Champion has been crowned, college football fans now face a harsh truth: We must endure the long, prosaic, football-less interim until the 2009 season kicks off in August.

For many of us, the culmination of the real-life NCAA football season signals the demise of the annual love affair with EA Sports’ NCAA Football, and shifts the focus to the future. While the introduction of the Online Dynasty mode will likely give NCAA 09 some added momentum this year, many gamers -- if they have not already -- will begin to discuss the new features and improvements the 2010 version will bring to the table.

There is already a lengthy NCAA Football 10 wish-list thread here on OS, but I felt it was time to begin the consolidation process.

Read More - NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 bigjdotcom01 @ 01/26/09 09:45 AM
I wish that EA would fix that flaming piece of crap that was NCAA 09! Fix online dynasty for one! How about adding all of the freaking stadiums! Hey, here is an idea, let's put back in all of the features that used to be in the series back in last generation!

# 122 BamaMan4Life @ 01/26/09 05:04 PM
I think we should have like a senior bowl or high school all-american game or something like that. it would be awsome.

# 123 jdrhammer @ 01/26/09 08:15 PM
Question about SR Bowl game. Would it be better to play in NCAA or would it be cool to port it to Madden? I think I'd be more focused on Recruiting and Spring Game than the SR Bowl but it would be nice to play with those guys before you draft them on Madden.

# 124 JAYMO76 @ 01/26/09 09:51 PM
{insert sarcasm here} Hey have you ever thought that maybe the reason why NCAA FOOTBALL is missing features on NEXT GEN like:

FCS
CAS
FORMATION SUBS
REAL DYNAMIC ATTENDANCE
PLAYBOOK EDITOR
UNIFORM SELECTOR SCREENS
COIN TOSS
REFS ON THE FIELD
PRE-GAME SHOW
POST GAME SHOW
COACHES ON THE FIELD
END ZONE ART
BOWL ATMOSPHERE
OL/DL INTERACTION
HEISMAN CEREMONY
COACH OF THE YEAR, etc, etc, etc,

Maybe EA is worried about our well-being. What would we do if all of these excellent last gen features were in next gen? We would not spend 100's of hours on this site trying to improve the game. Would our lives have any meaning or purpose??? Thank you EA for looking after my best interests!

# 125 fishslayer_99 @ 01/27/09 03:31 PM
Ok now let me tell alllll of you my small small complain. On Campus legend if you are a fast WR, RB, CB, FS SS and your speed is 95+ how come you cant return kick off's or punt returns???!! This was so disappointing for me because when your that freakin fast you should be the return man. At least you can do this in madden.

# 126 thudias @ 01/27/09 06:51 PM
Time for this thread to die since they will not be adding anymore features that aren't already in there.

I think we probably should have consolidated wishes earlier.

# 127 cantyr @ 02/03/09 11:23 AM
NCAA 2009 is the best release of the NCAA series ever. This game is far better than Madden and I am extremely happy with it. I have just a few recommendations and they are as follows….

Online Dynasty Mode
• Allow dynasty members to view dynasty matchups between human dynasty opponents using MS Live Meeting. Would be nice if users could view from Xbox 360 console or from a PC.
• Allow users to publish online dynasty’s to a user defined website.
• Allow coaching records, trophies and awards to continue to the next season.
• Fix the problem with players leaving at the end of the season even though the coach talked them into staying.
• Include program goals. (e.g. Win a conf title, win a bowl game, finish in Top 25 etc..)
• Include the ability to get fired from your program if you don’t meet your program goals.
• Include job offers from other universities at the end of your season.
• Prospect 40 times don’t seem realistic. It is rare that a high school athlete will run better than a 4.4. I am finding an extensive list of prospects that run 4.3’s and lower. This does not reflect the current national list of HS recruits. Should seriously minimize the number of players who run 4.3 and lower.

Game Play
• Fix the disparity in response when a defender is covering a receiver and the ball is thrown out in front of the receiver. The receiver is the only one who appears to pick up speed and make a play on the ball. The defender continues on his same pace.
• Improve zone and man coverage. I do understand that we are playing with college players, and many of them will never see the next level, but it seems the offense has a very distinct advantage unless you play with the power house teams.

# 128 cantyr @ 02/03/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
Dynamic attendance (I don't want to see the Superdome sold out for a Tulane game, or Legion Field sold out for a UAB game! Even my Canes shouldn't be selling out Dolphin Stadium in-game...) and definitely a more realistic passing game.

More unique environment aspects would be good too (I'd love to see the Canes run through the smoke in NCAA 2010) and what they had in 08 where it got darker as the game progressed into the night was great.

EA has a shot to make NCAA 2010 a great game - I hope they don't blow it (although I won't be surprised if they do....)
NCAA 2008 is the best release of the NCAA series ever. This game is far better than Madden and I am extremely happy with it. I have just a few recommendations and they are as follows….

Online Dynasty Mode
• Allow dynasty members to view dynasty matchups between human dynasty opponents using MS Live Meeting. Would be nice if users could view from Xbox 360 console or from a PC.
• Allow users to publish online dynasty’s to a user defined website.
• Allow coaching records, trophies and awards to continue to the next season.
• Fix the problem with players leaving at the end of the season even though the coach talked them into staying.
• Include program goals. (e.g. Win a conf title, win a bowl game, finish in Top 25 etc..)
• Include the ability to get fired from your program if you don’t meet your program goals.
• Include job offers from other universities at the end of your season.
• Prospect 40 times don’t seem realistic. It is rare that a high school athlete will run better than a 4.4. I am finding an extensive list of prospects that run 4.3’s and lower. This does not reflect the current national list of HS recruits. Should seriously minimize the number of players who run 4.3 and lower.

Game Play
• Fix the disparity in response when a defender is covering a receiver and the ball is thrown out in front of the receiver. The receiver is the only one who appears to pick up speed and make a play on the ball. The defender continues on his same pace.
• Improve zone and man coverage. I do understand that we are playing with college players, and many of them will never see the next level, but it seems the offense has a very distinct advantage unless you play with the power house teams.

# 129 cowboy_kmoney @ 02/03/09 11:57 AM
Man I hope that this NCAA game is way smoother then these last few games EA has been just putting out.Because there is so much that has been taking from this game and nothing put into it,So with all the high tech gear you guys have to work with put the old stuff back in and add to it with these things on our wishlist and NCAA 10 CAN'T BE TOUCHED.OH YEA BY THE WAY EA WE ALL KNOW YOU GUYS CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN SO WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH PUTTING IN THE WORK TO BRING A ONCE GOOD SERIES BACK TO THE TOP? IN MY THOUGHTS OF THE BEST NCAA GAME EVER WAS NCAA04 THIS GAME WAS A TURNING POINT FOR ALL GAMERS AS WELL AS THE START TO A NEW ERA IN SPORTS GAMING.PLEASE FIX THIS RUNNING IT STILL NOT LOOKING REAL,BRING BACK THE OLD GEN RUNNING STYLE AND ADD THE 360'S LOOK TO THE GAME AND IT'S FIXED.TO NCAA AND HOPES OF IT BEING THE BEST TO DATE.

# 130 Gossennator @ 02/03/09 12:28 PM
I stopped playing Madden and just started playing NCAA when madden hit the next gen. But it really seems like the Madden team is putting a lot of effort into tuning the game as the community would like to see it. Maybe we can't choose which exact features we want & what EA is going to do to fix the bugs. But we can help them to make a game that WE want.

I really hope or "wish" that the NCAA team is as involved with us as the Madden team is. As early as it is, OMT has made a great effort to listen to the community with the uniform corrections..I hope we get the same treatment from the whole team.

# 131 tiblier5 @ 02/04/09 08:05 PM
create a school and a good one to
new helmets and models
new uniforms and more alternative choices
bowl game endzone paint and bowl patches
way better campus legend.... improve or get rid of it
maddens break tackle after hit gameplay
stick with the open field gameplay though
and add the 1-AA teams like last-gen

all of these would make the game great not just good.

# 132 subzero192007 @ 02/08/09 10:10 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE IN DEPTH PLAYERS AND CREATE A PLAYER FOR EXAMPLE COLORED CLEATS, MOUTH PIECES, A MORE WIDE SELETION OF GEAR. THE NCAA 09 GEAR WAS DESENT JUST ADD MORE TO IT

# 133 subzero192007 @ 02/08/09 02:23 PM
THE SIDELINES NEED TO BE MORE REALISTIC ALSO (COACHS, PLAYERS, EQUIPMENT, CAMERA CREWS, STUFF LIKE THAT)

# 134 kmcgirt @ 02/10/09 02:17 PM
U guys i had this cool idea... u might think its weird but here it goes...WHAT IF u know how they have the players of the game sometimes at the game of the week had them come onto the gameday show and talk to the commentators lee and kirk .......just an idea.....

# 135 jdrhammer @ 02/10/09 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcgirt
U guys i had this cool idea... u might think its weird but here it goes...WHAT IF u know how they have the players of the game sometimes at the game of the week had them come onto the gameday show and talk to the commentators lee and kirk .......just an idea.....
It would be cool but it would also be way more than they could ever do. That's asking for way too much detail when they don't even have any presentation yet. Not a bad idea, but there is so much more that needs to be fixed first. There is so much that goes into the game that I doubt it would ever get to a point of being considered. It would be cool though, especially if we were to get to that point.

# 136 kmcgirt @ 02/10/09 05:08 PM
thats true....but there is always the question of what if.... i feel they need to get ride of the mascot games and bring back all the teams , equipment as well as animations of the players ..if you look back at some of the animations in previous games like giving each other high fives between plays ,or them skipping around or whatever ...they should focus on bringing that all back and be focused on totally just ...take this game to the next level ....and that is what everyone I see wants and would like to experience come july

# 137 jdrhammer @ 02/11/09 09:23 AM
I'd love more animations between plays like on last gen. In-game stats would be cool again too.

As far as mascot games, no one really wants them but they are in the game and they waste practically no space. There's nothing we can do about them and getting rid of them would cause more time to wasted.

# 138 BuckeyePride @ 02/12/09 11:32 PM
The online spectating would b sweet, but there r way too many bugs to fix first before they add anything like that

# 139 joed32356 @ 02/13/09 08:50 AM
ADD THE PATCHES for ALL BOWLS AND ADD IT TO MADDEN!!!!PLZ

# 140 joed32356 @ 02/13/09 08:51 AM
Sportscenter plz!!! FOR XBOX

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.