Home
News Post

Now that the dust has settled and a new National Champion has been crowned, college football fans now face a harsh truth: We must endure the long, prosaic, football-less interim until the 2009 season kicks off in August.

For many of us, the culmination of the real-life NCAA football season signals the demise of the annual love affair with EA Sports’ NCAA Football, and shifts the focus to the future. While the introduction of the Online Dynasty mode will likely give NCAA 09 some added momentum this year, many gamers -- if they have not already -- will begin to discuss the new features and improvements the 2010 version will bring to the table.

There is already a lengthy NCAA Football 10 wish-list thread here on OS, but I felt it was time to begin the consolidation process.

Read More - NCAA Football 10: Time to Consolidate the Wishes

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 LouisvilleDirtyBird @ 02/13/09 09:47 AM
Pregame and post game authenticity. When I when the national championship in my online dynasty, i dont want the game to just end as any other one would.. same goes for a huge upset, if im using Baylor and I beat OU @ home.. there should be a mass celebration after the game (i.e. Tearing down the goalposts, field storming, player excitement, etc..) The goal of the developers as far as game presentation goes should be to make the game seem as close to a television broadcast as possible. NCAA 09 was so good and im still enjoying it, theres lots of room for improvement though. thanks

# 142 sinc30 @ 02/14/09 01:19 PM
NCAA Football 2010

To Whom It Probably Doesn’t Concern:

1. Call MLB the Show to find out how human beings run.
2. Get rid of the bulky shirt sleeves, it looks ********.
3. Mass appearance alterations; socks, shoes, sleeves, gloves, etc... so we can update the whole team at once.
4. Like other people, fix the Pass Rush, QB Accuracy, ATH's.
5. Let a 92 beat a 78 all day long at anything he wants, i.e. the trenches.
6. Let us grow stadiums and programs, tweak uniforms in the Dynasty.
7. Get all the Stadiums and some 1-AA teams, for crying out loud.
8. Faster menus.
9. Mix and Match feature when selecting uniforms pre game.
10. Don't go back to the top after we simulate a game, just show the darn score so we can see it, and scroll realtime simulated scores during a game, i.e. 3pm games show 3pm scores and earlier.
11. Fire the guy who thought that Iowa's numbers were yellow. I'm sure he can get a job working for Nintendo Wii. Also if its not the same guy, fire whoever thought the Alamo Dome, wasn't a dome. He's not worth the money, especially in the economic times.
12. Depth Chart substitution packages
13. Recruiting options, Light, Medium, Heavy, regarding time involved. That way everyone is happy.
14. Real stadium sounds, bands, chants, etc... not the ability to upload Master P.
15. I would be happy if I saw one blocked kick in 2010, just one. I don't want to ask for too much, cause then we'll see 3 a game.
16. Better pre-game, show some people grilling in the parking lot, show players out of the tunnel, something.
17. Let the Legend Mode be a dynasty right away, so we can play normally.
18. Dynasty options, Athletic Director, Coach and Legend modes. With appropriate features and differences. Let us play the games in all of them, even non-user games.
19. More AI settings and make them work. I jack up the sliders on Heisman, except for interceptions, because it's already retarted, and I can still go 11-1. Even in a rebuilding year.
20. Coaching Tree: Your dynasty team gets 5 coaches for your staff. Each coach has a specialty, maybe 2-3 (rare). But have 15 coaching specialties. When they have a specialty it effects the team, i.e. recruiting regions, defensive and offensive philosophies. But the coaches can be lured away by other programs, so you'll have to scout and hire up-and-comers, or try to keep your staff.
21. I don't know if they listen to us guys, but this is all we can do, right?

# 143 Kriech23 @ 02/14/09 01:49 PM
EA Ticker down at the bottom of the screen so we can see how are rivals are doing during our game. I think in NCAA 2000 on PS1 that had this, so it can be too hard. Add the simple things that made this game so great in the past.

# 144 UtahUtes32 @ 02/15/09 02:34 AM
Please Please Please!!!! FIX THE CPU PLAYCALLING it is ********, and has been since the time i can remember. Fix the CPU RUN GAME!!! it is terrible, every year, since 2003 i have cranked up the CPU run block and Run Ability full strength on heisman, and yet the CPU still barely runs for 100+ yds/game once every 10 games or so. Real life teams run the ball! If the CPU can run the ball, control the clock, it is so much tougher! Please..... fix it.

# 145 UtahUtes32 @ 02/15/09 02:36 AM
more bad passes, overthrown, underthrown, receivers running wrong routes, slipping, More DB/WR interaction, Pass interference, hand battles running up the field, this is a HUGE PART in college football, more miscommunications in the passing game, between the QB and WR's. It is too easy to complete 75-80% of your passes in this game.

# 146 PuppetMaster @ 02/15/09 04:24 AM
1. Ability to watch other games in your online dynasty!

2. Fix the players leaving glitch!

3. Stop with the super linebackers. I am tired of a linebacker jumping 5 feet in the air with his back turned to intercept a frozen rope pass with one hand.

4. 1-AA teams

5. Create a conference for Online Dynasty

6. Team specific pitches in online dynasty. Certain teams have certain things that can help attract recruits (i.e.-Michigan with their storied tradition, etc.)

There are plenty more, but those are my top 6

# 147 DwayneNcaacrazy @ 02/24/09 11:27 AM
should be able 2 get all kinds of gear 2 football towels,sleeves on one specific arm,hairstyles like braids,dreadlocks and long hair where it come out the helmet create a team,1-aa teams back on,every body dont run the same,be able to show back pad out of jersey with it not coverd, more facemask,better player attitude towards game such as almost fighting and getting into it with players wishlist for ncaa 10

# 148 DwayneNcaacrazy @ 02/24/09 11:31 AM
player of the week with lee corso and brad as well as kirk,heisman ceremony back on and a soundtrack music for the menu

# 149 nexdawg @ 02/24/09 08:31 PM
QB's progressions! IF its in the game is it in your game?

# 150 okstatefosho @ 02/25/09 01:53 PM
Personally, I could care less about the pre- and post-game presentation. The one they have now is fine, and I just skip past it as fast as I can anyway, which is what I would do if they lengthen it. I just want to get to the game. That being said, the biggest issue that EA needs to work on is the gameplay on the field, the little things, and not focus on the idea that they have to have some new, innovative feature every year. I want to see the physics of real football added to the game, i.e., when the ball carrier trucks someone, they don't just plow through them, they deflect off the contact just a bit. Someone mentioned it already, but I would like to see hand checking between receiver and d-back. I want to be able to rock the ball carrier when he's already wrapped up by someone else, possibly causing a fumble. Just make the gameplay more real! Get rid of time-warp tackling, small backs plowing d-linemen, let me actually throw to a spot on the field that only my receiver can get to. Improve the line of scrimmage. Overall, make the models interact with eachother the way they do in real life. Forget the team intros and pre-game shows.

# 151 nexdawg @ 02/25/09 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstatefosho
Personally, I could care less about the pre- and post-game presentation. The one they have now is fine, and I just skip past it as fast as I can anyway, which is what I would do if they lengthen it. I just want to get to the game. That being said, the biggest issue that EA needs to work on is the gameplay on the field, the little things, and not focus on the idea that they have to have some new, innovative feature every year. I want to see the physics of real football added to the game, i.e., when the ball carrier trucks someone, they don't just plow through them, they deflect off the contact just a bit. Someone mentioned it already, but I would like to see hand checking between receiver and d-back. I want to be able to rock the ball carrier when he's already wrapped up by someone else, possibly causing a fumble. Just make the gameplay more real! Get rid of time-warp tackling, small backs plowing d-linemen, let me actually throw to a spot on the field that only my receiver can get to. Improve the line of scrimmage. Overall, make the models interact with eachother the way they do in real life. Forget the team intros and pre-game shows.
The thing that i keep hearing is theres different departments for different things so even if they didnt improve all the unimportant stuff it still wouldnt help the important stuff

# 152 codyhuge5217 @ 02/26/09 12:30 PM
i would like to be able to watch on the online dynasty a HUMAN VS. CPU game while you wait if you have finished your game early.

The RECRUITING is good but could be better, the only thing that NEEDS to be changed is being able to keep ur players form leaving on the online dynasty, in 09 your players wouldnt stay only the commisoner could do it.

I would also like to see alternate jerseys and all helment types and better play from the o-line and d-lines no more just sitting there in a stale mate. All the D-1AA schools and player names and able to use them on online dynasty. I would LOVE to see the teams as they enter the field! and to have to the unique ones like clemson and michigan. and have a better half time show where it could show highlights form ur game and others from the people from ur online dynasty. And make the corner and reciever abilities more realistic, where corners can cover a curl route but they cant pickoff a ball that they didnt even look at! and where if its is a top reciever or the coverage is bad a reciever can get open on multible routes!!!!!!!! and the last thing is to improve the running game and defenses!!!! NCAA 09 was ok but could be better!! I play college football! PLEASE MAKE IT 2010 WAY BETTER!!!!!!!!

# 153 spurred @ 02/26/09 12:44 PM
I want continued patch support. This year, EA released patch 2 and immediately stated no more patches knowing they didn't fix everything just wanting you to buy next years game for a fix. Take note EA, developers patch games fixing problems.

# 154 JBH3 @ 02/26/09 02:10 PM
NCAA Staff/OMT,

Please...PLEASE...fix that doggone conf. invite bug where your old banner still displays on your hm field.

ex. ECU accepts conf. invite into the SEC replacing Vandy, BUT for all hm games my field still reflects a confUSA banner.

# 155 Solidice @ 02/26/09 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
NCAA Staff/OMT,

Please...PLEASE...fix that doggone conf. invite bug where your old banner still displays on your hm field.

ex. ECU accepts conf. invite into the SEC replacing Vandy, BUT for all hm games my field still reflects a confUSA banner.
it's not really a bug, it wasn't design to change when/if you changed conferences. hopefully they can add it in at some point.

# 156 Gossennator @ 02/26/09 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
NCAA Staff/OMT,

I agree with you, also the conference patch on the jersey needs to be changed as well if you get invited to another conf.

But another simple and easy addition to game would just to have more player types. I think there is around 20 for light, medium, and dark? How about just making more hair styles, eyes, mouths, noses, etc so it would be mix and matched to keep things fresh. This would be good for dynasties so most players would look different. The more options, the better.

# 157 DJDMITCH @ 02/26/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
Dynamic attendance (I don't want to see the Superdome sold out for a Tulane game, or Legion Field sold out for a UAB game! Even my Canes shouldn't be selling out Dolphin Stadium in-game...) and definitely a more realistic passing game.

More unique environment aspects would be good too (I'd love to see the Canes run through the smoke in NCAA 2010) and what they had in 08 where it got darker as the game progressed into the night was great.

EA has a shot to make NCAA 2010 a great game - I hope they don't blow it (although I won't be surprised if they do....)
I agree but for
1. better way to have real life personlized player in edit mode.

2. add spring game like ps2/ or mini drills to help out the younger players.

3. better way of recruiting.

4. add the real playbooks for ex: TCU, or Florida's real playbook because they had way more screens.

5. have a special feature for your impact player to have a better feel for the game.

6. add all the alternate jersey's EX: oregon, texas tech, florida, maryland,etc..

7. the wide open gameplay still reached its full potential. should be able to juke someone out of their shoes!

8. defensive/ offensive speed is way to slow! hey this is college there's so much speed...

9. should have some kind of realistic dynasty such as a sports center sort of thing like go over all the games that has been played during that week and announce some upsets and some upcoming big games.

10. there should be better pre game and post game presentations. ex: corso should pick out who he wants to win, show some players warming up before the game, show some people arriving in the stadium.

11. dynamic attendence way too many ppl at every game there shouldnt be that many ppl at the teams that are struggling or has a loosing record.

12. you should put your license to work have where you change shoe type and color. not all ppl jus where long sleeve compression shirts some have one arm long sleeve compression shirts, or 3/4 compression shirts. also some ppl put sweat bands on there calfs and other places come on we got to have things like that. other players where towels on the side, and use team color spat tape. the dark visors shor be darker.

13. the running motions are not bad but they are not suitable to the correct person there shouldnt be a 6'5 person running jus like a 5'9 player and their should be some kind of way you could put percy harvins run style on the game.

14. player models are once again pathetic because there shouldnt be a reason why some of the defensive ends should look exactly like DT's they're slim and under sized same as for the linbackers and offensive lineman.

15. there should be realistic playbook styles when playing against the CPU some teams such as texas tech run the no huddle offense and do it at a fast past. others like ohio state run the huddle offense, texas would sometimes change from no huddle to huddle basically i just want a better feel for NCAA FOOTBALL 2010!

I know im asking for alot but some of the stuff should be on the game already once you think about it.(* Could ya'll please put create a school back on the game and please dont put those wack default jersey's you should have it where they look either like oregons texas techs or arkansas.)

# 158 JBH3 @ 02/27/09 01:15 AM
Weather, weather, weather...

Rain and snow look horrible in NCAA 09. Madden 09 did a good job...Can we get dynamic weather back; where it starts and stops throughout the game.

# 159 millikin54 @ 02/27/09 09:33 AM
1. Make snapping more important. Make THA and THP ratings more significant for offensive linemen so that shotgun snaps and special team snaps won't be automatic.

2. Display the time and date stamps for saved files when viewing them from the load screen.

3. Have a coaches roster to allow us to name all of the coaches and edit their playbooks and the like. That way we can have them at the start of every dynasty.

4. Return the ability to edit the height and weight of recruited players.

5. Allow editing players to have duplicate numbers, but build in the logic to prevent 2 players with the same number to be on the field at the same time (just like the NCAA rules).

6. Linebackers shouldn't have higher STR ratings (on average) than defense ends.

7. Make it easier to transition players to new positions without ruining a player's ratings. Moving an RB to FB shouldn't lower his speed ratings, it should only impact his AWR.

8. Make special teams ratings matter. Not all fast players are great kick and punt returners.

9. Formation subs.

# 160 husker_star @ 02/28/09 03:46 PM
well what if they made the campus legend NCAA 10 or 11 into an RPG, like you have to drive/walk to practice after school, actually goto classes, be able to drive and even be in relationships. kinda make it into a GTA kinda rpg cept w/o the violence and all that. you could go partying and if you brake rules and get caught u get suspended. does anyone know where i can send in ideas? and another thing is maybe an online campus legend? if you make a player and your friend makes it on the same team he does his job as a runnign back and i do mine as a lineman. please help guys

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.