Home
News Post

MTV has posted MLB 09 The Show videos, that feature the new Yankees & Citi Field Stadiums.

Quote:
"You can’t go there yourself for several more weeks, but today you can virtually attend a game in the New Yankee Stadium. Developers for upcoming PlayStation 3 game “MLB 09: The Show” have rendered an epic Yankees game in the new building, with new stars C.C. Sabathia and Mark Teixeira in action — and they told us how they did it."

Direct links to videos:

Yankees Stadium
Citi Field Stadium

Game: MLB '09: The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSPVotes for game: 90 - View All
MLB '09: The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SoxFan01605 @ 01/13/09 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
They need to slow down a lot of the pitching animations...everything looks herky jerky...I didn't like the Santana delivery either...he's throwing like a girl or like he's pushing the ball (the citi field vid)
Yeah...I noticed that too. That bugs me more than the wrong individual delivery issues. It's the ones that look like they're pushing the ball or it floats from their hands.

Santana is just one of several too, as I recall. Hopefully they did get some love and these are just early vids to show off the stadiums.

# 22 ndnyy317 @ 01/13/09 03:09 PM
Holy...Christ...

I'm with Blzer...At 1:09, I had to pause it, and watch it again. Unbelievable.

# 23 bodhiball @ 01/13/09 03:12 PM
Three things:

Did you guys see the new bat? White band above the handle

Did you see the EYEBLACK!!? (when branyan swings and missed)

Did you see the guy shuffle out of his seat and up the aisle?? (when tex is hitting

Wow

# 24 Shakedowncapo @ 01/13/09 03:16 PM
ALright, someone get to taking some screencaps!

# 25 Blzer @ 01/13/09 03:38 PM
Quote:
I prefer they fix gameplay issues before I see guys walking up the aisles or a white band on a bat....
What be your current issues, mate? Anything that you sawr in these videos you can point'emout, can ye?

# 26 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/13/09 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What be your current issues, mate? Anything that you sawr in these videos you can point'emout, can ye?
Maybe Capt. Jack could help us out.....

# 27 Kolbe @ 01/13/09 03:46 PM
Quote:
I prefer they fix gameplay issues before I see guys walking up the aisles or a white band on a bat....
Just a heads up and because comments like this drive me insane - we have completely seperate areas of the team working on completely separate and diverse issues. Its not like the guy who works on our crowds can just say screw my graphics job, I'm going to work on nebulus "gameplay issues" or anything else for that matter.

{game production lesson}
Please people, I want you all to realize:

1) If you've asked for it in the past, or we've seen a need for it, it's on a list.
2) If the phrase "I dont see how hard it could be to just add XXXX" was true, we'd do it.
3) We task out team as best we can. We have limited resources and time in every area - taking from one does not equate gaining in another.

{/game production lesson}

-Kolbe

# 28 Jackdog @ 01/13/09 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That Texiera(I think) homerun looked beautiful.
The Stadium looks GREAT!
I don't know if I'm right or not...but it looks like they even got less duplicates in the crowd.
I'm glad my wife is not home right now to see me weeping.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm glad my wife is at home. I got wood watching that!!

# 29 magoo1967 @ 01/13/09 03:48 PM
First the blog and now this...OMG!!! Nothing like some fresh new MLB '09 info topped off by a couple of eye popping vids to warm me up on a frigid NY day in January. The new ballparks look fantastic and the progressive lighting was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get home to see if the 720p versions will play on the PS3 browser so I can watch them on the big screen HDTV!

I didn't quite understand one thing in the write up about how they created the new Yankee Stadium. They said that because of the construction still in progress, they were not permitted inside and they couldn't work off blue prints, so does this mean that they just went by the preliminary drawings? I can't begin to wrap my head around how hard it must be to include a stadium in a game with such detail when the real thing isn't complete yet. I guess I just want to know more about how they accomplished this (as well as every other aspect of the game of course).

# 30 Jackdog @ 01/13/09 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Just a heads up and because comments like this drive me insane - we have completely seperate areas of the team working on completely separate and diverse issues. Its not like the guy who works on our crowds can just say screw my graphics job, I'm going to work on nebulus "gameplay issues" or anything else for that matter.

{game production lesson}

1) If you've asked for it in the past, or we've seen a need for it, it's on a list.
2) If the phrase "I dont see how hard it could be to just add XXXX" was true, we'd do it.
3) We task out team as best we can. We have limited resources and time in every area - taking from one does not equate gaining in another.

-Kolbe
Just ignore them man. They know not what they speak. Thank the team for the effort this year. It's appreciated.

# 31 bigfnjoe96 @ 01/13/09 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA

{game production lesson}

-Kolbe
How dare you find time to answer questions.... Back to work immediately...

*cracks whip* j/k

# 32 NAFBUC @ 01/13/09 03:59 PM
Thanks Mike for posting the link. The stadiums look fantastic!

# 33 Blzer @ 01/13/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
I can't begin to wrap my head around how hard it must be to include a stadium in a game with such detail when the real thing isn't complete yet. I guess I just want to know more about how they accomplished this (as well as every other aspect of the game of course).
While this is true, I'm sure we'll see things in the new Yankee Stadium that won't be in this year's game, and by The Show '10 we'll see those upgrades.

It's just like the first year that AT&T Park (which was at that time Pacific Bell Park) opened up, the video games with them obviously went just off renderings because they didn't include the Coca Cola bottle or the huge glove in left-center field. The next year, it was included. Same with Minute Maid Park (formerly Enron Field) and its berm and flag pole out in deep center field. Early renderings indeed showed the extra patch of grass, though it wasn't uphill. It was corrected the next year.

Citi Field looks pretty bare in left field, aside from the stands. From the renderings, it looks to be the same way. I'm sure they have a little something in store just to spruce up the look a bit more, but I really don't know. All I'm saying is that they got the renderings down pat... and now it's up to them to see how the actual stadiums will differ so they can correct their wrongdoings by The Show '10.

Just a little side note, I love the massive feel of the stadiums, especially with that broadcast camera on the home runs. It's starting to remind me of how great All Star Baseball felt with those stadiums.

# 34 Blzer @ 01/13/09 04:04 PM
Quote:
animations have looked the same since 06....
I don't know how that's "gameplay" related. The only time I've ever seen this game's animations affect gameplay are when the infielder is going into some slow "take your time" kind of animation to throw out a runner and as a result doesn't do so in time.

I think you were looking for another term aside from "gameplay."

As for animations, aside from new batting stances and swings, the animations themselves have looked the same maybe even since 2004, if I recall correctly. There's something weird about how they move sometimes, I can't quite put my finger on it. Perhaps the player models are a factor, I'm not sure. We'll see how it all turns out.

# 35 bluengold34_OS @ 01/13/09 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

Just a little side note, I love the massive feel of the stadiums, especially with that broadcast camera on the home runs. It's starting to remind me of how great All Star Baseball felt with those stadiums.
No doubt Blz, they truly look like "Cathedrals". I am stunned that at the age of 37, I still got chills watching those videos.

# 36 Flaxseed Oil @ 01/13/09 04:07 PM
The broadcast camera is SICK! I hope we can play with that camera!!!

# 37 PsychoBulk @ 01/13/09 04:25 PM
My..........good..........god.

It looks stunning, they have somehow managed to step it up from last year somehow.

This wait for March is going to be painful, very painful indeed!

# 38 Brewhaha @ 01/13/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeusox
When can the playoff teams see their stadiums?
Word

# 39 ckarlic @ 01/13/09 04:43 PM
Wow!!! Looks awesome.

# 40 Russell_SCEA @ 01/13/09 04:57 PM
Quote:
team mascots will only hurt other areas of the game if the mascots take up too much memory....

Can you please tell me where your cube is here at SCEA San Diego, because you must work here since you continue to post like everything you state is a fact.

Truth of the matter is mascots don't take up that much memory at all period end of discussion.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.